Poser Pro 2014 problems

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

I upgraded to Poser Pro 2014 and have run in to two problems.

Problem 1

The main app is on my iMac running 10.8.4.

Every time I launch it, I get the message about accepting or denying incoming connections.  It doesn't matter which button I click, the same message appears at the next launch.

Anything I can do about this?

Problem 2

I want to install the Queue Manager on to a Mac mini.  I went through the proper download and install procedure and the app is there, but when I launch it an error pops up about not being able to install the .dta file.

Contacted support and they suggested a combo install of OSX.  Did that, even created a clean account.  No luck.

Can anybody help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Every time I launch it, I get the message about accepting or denying incoming connections.  It doesn't matter which button I click, the same message appears at the next launch.

Have you tried adding the application in your firewall list in system prefs? System prefs > security > firewall, click the plus icon, add the application and set it to allow connections. Either that or disable the firewall; incoming connections really aren't that much of an issue for client machines, it's outgoing connections that are more of a problem.
    I want to install the Queue Manager on to a Mac mini.  I went through the proper download and install procedure and the app is there, but when I launch it an error pops up about not being able to install the .dta file.

It looks like those files go in /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Poser Pro... Check that /Users/Shared exists and is writable, if not create the folders. Open the Get Info box and check sharing & permissions are all set to read & write.
  • Reply 2 of 6

Thanks, Marvin.

It had been a long time since I needed to check on and change sharing & permissions on folders; long enough for my simple brain to forget that it could be necessary.  You were right on.  After switching a few to read and write, the app launched fine.  Now I get to test it and wait for SR3...  

Regarding the other problem, I tried what you suggested but it didn't help.  I still get the pop up message.  

• Reply 3 of 6
    Regarding the other problem, I tried what you suggested but it didn't help.  I still get the pop up message.

Even after turning off the firewall? Did you try restarting after turning it off?
  • Reply 4 of 6

Thanks always for your help, Marvin.  

The message is bumping into the firewall.  

Turned the firewall off, restarted, no message.

With Poser still active, turned firewall back on and presto the message appeared again.

I have tried adding Poser to the list of OK apps.  Doesn't help.

Any other firewall settings it could be bumping into?  

• Reply 5 of 6
    I have tried adding Poser to the list of OK apps.  Doesn't help.

Any other firewall settings it could be bumping into?

There's a comment here that suggests software that doesn't have a valid code signature will always prompt to allow incoming connections:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/672377

You can check if the software is code signed using the terminal as mentioned on that page using:

codesign -vv [drag application into window]
  • Reply 6 of 6

Thanks again.  I'll check it later today.