Study finds 20% of Apple iPhone users switched away from Android in past year

Comments

• Reply 61 of 96
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    bigmac2 wrote: »
    Not all of those was Samsung phones, there is a HTC and LG phone in that pictures.  The last one at the right is the new Galaxy Mega, another phablet from Samsung,

http://www.technobuffalo.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-mega-6-3-review/

I just can't imagine who in the world thought a 6.3" phone made sense.
  • Reply 62 of 96
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMac2 View Post

Not all of those was Samsung phones, there is a HTC and LG phone in that pictures.  The last one at the right is the new Galaxy Mega, another phablet from Samsung,

http://www.technobuffalo.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-mega-6-3-review/

LOL....that is way too big a phone! BTH i don't anyone would hold that up to their ear.....they would use a headset......

• Reply 63 of 96

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I agree.......

• Reply 64 of 96
    bigmac2bigmac2 Posts: 639member

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

LOL....that is way too big a phone! BTH i don't anyone would hold that up to their ear.....they would use a headset......

I agree, my question now is: what is the perfect screen size for a phone?  Apple got their answer, I wonder to heard from other mfg.  No one seams to be committed on one size ;-)

• Reply 65 of 96

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMac2 View Post

I agree, my question now is: what is the perfect screen size for a phone?  Apple got their answer, I wonder to heard from other mfg.  No one seams to be committed on one size ;-)

But doesn't that vary person to person?  I think that is why each company needs at least a little variety on screen sizes. I love the S4.......I also love the IP5....there are some things I wish both did better. But I gotta say I like the larger screen on the S4. It is not the same quality screen as the IP5. But I like that is larger and I can operate it with one hand. JMHO but i think Apple will make the IP6 next year into a 4.5 or 4.7 inch phone....could be wrong....could be right.

• Reply 66 of 96

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Quote:

I agree.......

I believe the rationale is that smartphones are more small tablets than phones. Instead of finding an optimal size, their modus operandi, whether we agree with it or not, is to spam the size spectrum and let the customer choose. What I don't get is why they don't just make this part of their Note lineup.

• Reply 67 of 96
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    geekdad wrote: »
    I did not say anything about innovation. I think Apple is a worldwide leader in innovation! I did not say anything about BOGO sales...but to be honest the best selling Android phones are the flagship phones like the Galaxy S4 and HTC One. Read my comments again.....

You mentioned staleness. In red to market share: " If the larger screen phones are not what the customer wants then why are they selling and helping Android marketshare dominate globally? " the BOGO and cheap androids are the main drivers.
  • Reply 68 of 96

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

You mentioned staleness. In red to market share: " If the larger screen phones are not what the customer wants then why are they selling and helping Android marketshare dominate globally? " the BOGO and cheap androids are the main drivers.

I was saying the best selling Android phones are the larger screen phones like the S4 and the HTC One.....BTBH....they do run BOGOs or free sales for the iPhone as well......

• Reply 69 of 96
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    tooltalk wrote: »
    Ever heard of BestBuy's iPhone 4 BOGO?  If Apple makes only premium products,  what's with the iPhone 5C?

No doubt, Apple's innovative marketing is second to none, but Apple is really a second-class tech company.  I have yet to see a original/breakthrough tech from Apple.

When was the iPhone 4 BOGO event? During its first year of existence? Nope.

The latter comment is pure trollery.
    geekdad wrote: »
    That is a great point.....but why say lets make a 5 inch phone? They produced a phone that rivals the iphone 5 in sales. Clearly they had the customer and and the market space in mind. If it was not what the consumer wanted then it would not have sold......

I don't think the GS4 sold due to just the 5" size but rather it was new. In addition the iPhone 5's 4" still out sells them. Sammy uses the shotgun approach rather than design.
  • Reply 70 of 96

Originally Posted by ALUOp View Post

…still, look around a lot of people I know have switched.

Anecdote.

Originally Posted by lukemoss View Post

you can get a brand new S4 with no upfront cost

You can get a brand new iPhone with no upfront cost. It's not Apple's fault that Samsung's most recent $600 model is selling so poorly that they have to subsidize the entire price to get people to buy it. 

…that's why apple is losing it's customers to upgrade albeit a small amount.

Did you even read the article? The opposite is true. Apple is not losing customers.

when

You keep being hilarious.

• Reply 71 of 96
    bigmac2bigmac2 Posts: 639member

Quote:

But doesn't that vary person to person?  I think that is why each company needs at least a little variety on screen sizes. I love the S4.......I also love the IP5....there are some things I wish both did better. But I gotta say I like the larger screen on the S4. It is not the same quality screen as the IP5. But I like that is larger and I can operate it with one hand. JMHO but i think Apple will make the IP6 next year into a 4.5 or 4.7 inch phone....could be wrong....could be right.

I agree, it vary person to person, but mfg should have a clue or a guideline at least, like Blackberry or Nokia who offers products for many years with the same form factor and size.  Samsung in another hands seams to stick with their "elastic" design of offering multiple size of the same design. 

• Reply 72 of 96

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

when

You keep being hilarious. And a complete fool, but hilarious first and foremost.

At least make an attempt to be coherent.........Is that all you have? a quote that says ".....when....."

Wow....you got me on that one TS.... /s

• Reply 73 of 96
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    I believe the rationale is that smartphones are more small tablets than phones.

And subcompact cars are just small school buses, too, right?
  • Reply 74 of 96
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    I believe the rationale is that smartphones are more small tablets than phones.

According to this review you should carry a small sized phone next to this 6.3", loosing all reason for carrying it in the first place. Darn thing even has less pixels than the S4.
  • Reply 75 of 96

Quote:

when

You keep being hilarious.

Can you try to be coherent? was that all you have? a quote from me that says ".....when...."

Way to debate the topic TS...nice comeback....i am truly stunned by your rebuttal  /s

wow.....you keep stooping to new lows......lets see if this gets deleted...

• Reply 76 of 96
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Can you try to be coherent? was that all you have? a quote from me that says ".....when...."

Way to debate the topic TS...nice comeback....i am truly stunned by your rebuttal  /s

wow.....you keep stooping to new lows......

Fine. Prove you know that Apple is doing what you claim.

• Reply 77 of 96

Quote:

Fine. Prove you know that Apple is doing what you claim.

what claims? you just don't get this whole debate thing do ya?

Did you notice how the rest of us was writing back and forth to each other in a nice calm respectful way?

We did not state opinion as fact but respected others when we disagreed with them? You should try it......

• Reply 78 of 96

what claims?

Please stop acting dumber than you actually are. We know you're not this vacuous.

So when Apple releases a 4.5 to 4.7 inch IP6 next year

• Reply 79 of 96

Quote:

Please stop acting dumber than you actually are. We know you're not this vacuous.

Name calling again......

So you don't think Apple will include a larger screen for the iPhone 6? Are you going on record with that? I need another quote from you for my signature....... 

• Reply 80 of 96

So you don't think Apple will include a larger screen for the iPhone 6?

Nope. Not about me. About you. Nice try. Explain how you know what you said. Now.