Shift in Chinese color preference occurring as Apple readies new gold option for 'iPhone 5S'

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52
    macfb6macfb6 Posts: 16member

Could it actually be made of gold? Like the crazy expensive Vertu phones back in the day?

• Reply 42 of 52
    solomansoloman Posts: 228member
    China's demand for Buicks also kept GM from cutting the brand.

So few people know that and even fewer believe it.
  • Reply 43 of 52
    How's about "Zune Brown", pretty please? :-)
  • Reply 44 of 52
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    "A July 2012 Asia-Pacific color trend forecast by global chemical giant BASF predicted a movement toward culturally significant hues. Reds, golds, and "colors of nature" like brown and olive were expected to see a rise in popularity."

Brown is coming back - maybe there will finally be a market for the Zune after all.
  • Reply 45 of 52
    r00fusr00fus Posts: 245member
    Ballmer is vindicated. Too bad they can't re-release the Zune brown "squirt" edition.
  • Reply 46 of 52
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member

How come every picture of gold iPhone 5s I saw had white/gold instead of darker golden color for the glass parts? I don't think Apple will make 2 tone iPhone 5 like that because others may demands black/gold instead of white/gold. If the metal chassis is in light gold, shouldn't glass be more like copper color? 

• Reply 47 of 52
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

How come every picture of gold iPhone 5s I saw had white/gold instead of darker golden color for the glass parts? I don't think Apple will make 2 tone iPhone 5 like that because others may demands black/gold instead of white/gold. If the metal chassis is in light gold, shouldn't glass be more like copper color? 

Why? the two current models are two tone already, and despite calls for black/aluminum.

• Reply 48 of 52
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member

Quote:

Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

if Apple, they did focus group testing and surveys, Heck, the storm of publicity

Fixed.

• Reply 49 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

I think it looks slightly better in black - gold, but if I had to design one with gold, I'd use rose gold/yellow gold as a contrast, which I guess is your point, right?

• Reply 50 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

Yeah except that's supposed to be the yellow. Here's the green:

BTW, black has now been spotted

I know I'm going to be flamed, but these things are horrible.

Either they're plain fakes, Apple's very own and successful ??????????, or Apple is throwing down the drain decades of great engineering and design to cater to "the chinese market" in a very Samsung way. I cannot believe the latter.

• Reply 51 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

That green is similar in tone to Chevy's famous 50s green, Volkswagen's most desirable 60s bus and bug color, and Fiat's present 500 light green, one of the most popular, judging by the mix on the streets of L.A.

So you are still as wrong as you ever are, and just as smug about it.

What's the problem with being smug? It's fun, and won't hurt as much as a cigarette.