Mophie's juice pack helium battery case gets 5 new colors for Apple's iPhone 5

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Apple device accessory maker mophie recently announced the expansion of color options for its juice pack helium line of battery-extending cases for the iPhone 5.

iPhone 5 owners looking to pump extra life into their smartphone batteries will now have the option of choosing from a total of seven differently colored juice pack helium cases. The new color options will carry the same features as the original juice pack helium offerings, but with a more vibrant flair.

Users can now choose blue, purple, pink, green, or red for their juice pack helium cases. Those five are in addition to the existing dark metallic and silver options. The new colors feature a matte finish and jewel tone with the same protective aspects as before.

The juice pack helium is an ultra-thin battery case, but the battery extension it packs inside boosts total battery capacity for phone and juice pack to nearly 3000mAh. That allows for up to six additional hours of talk time on 3G, seven extra hours on Wi-Fi, 30 more hours of audio playback, or up to seven hours of extra video playback.

It also features an LED power indicator, standby switch, microUSB charging port, access to all iPhone 5 ports and buttons, a 3.5mm audio jack adapter, and forward-facing acoustical speakers that redirect sound from the bottom of the phone toward the user.

The new juice pack helium retails for $80 on mophie's site. The device sells with a one-year warranty. All seven color options are listed as available, and the device ships within 1-2 days.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    The hell with Kevin, the author of this article, for being part of a change from a news site into an advertisement platform, pretending to be a news site.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    nikiloknikilok Posts: 383member

Helium Batteries :O . Wont be long before someone puts a minified nuclear power plant for a battery. Like the Iron Man movies :)

• Reply 3 of 10
    Very nice an beneficial for power user
  • Reply 4 of 10
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Very nice an beneficial for power user

Not really. You can get one that works just as well and looks just as good for under $20 on eBay.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    and forward-facing acoustical speakers that redirect sound from the bottom of the phone toward the user.

It would be nice if you posted a picture of this feature. Oh well

• Reply 6 of 10
    Mophie makes a great product. We nee to know more about new products and how they compare with similar products in the marketplace. Thanks.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    I like these iPhone 5 cases http://www.danimobile.com/iphone-5/
  • Reply 9 of 10

Originally Posted by jenfiverr10 View Post

Now… why would a spambot be shilling a real and truly wonderful site?

• Reply 10 of 10

I have the uNu DX battery pack for my iphone 5 and it works great. I got it on a deal at the Groupon site for $49, something that typically retails at $80 [ http://www.myunu.com/dx-protective-iphone-5-battery-case.html ].

Larger Battery Capacity 

The DX-5 gives you up to an additional: 

10 hours of talk time 

310 hours of standby time 

8 hours of web browsing 

7 hours of gameplay 

42 hours of music playback

Product Specifications

Battery Capacity: 2300mAh 

Life Cycles: >500 Cycles

Input: 5V/0.5A

Output: 5V/1A

Dimensions: 5.70x2.64x0.65 inches

Weight: 2.9oz

Charging Time 3-4 hours

Box Content

1 x DX Protective Battery Case for iPhone 5S/5

1 x Headphone w/Mic Extension Cord

1 x uNu Micro USB to Standard USB Cable (White)

1 x Operation Manual

What I love about it :

True value for money. I'm on the road 4 days a week, and am on calls or meeting along the day for 4-5 hours.

This basically means I'm draining my battery to about 10% by 1pm everyday. Just then I kick in the backup battery and will be 

fully charged in about 40-50 minutes, and will be juiced up for the rest of the day !!

The funny part is that, when I was an android S3 Galaxy owner, I used to carry a power brick with me all the time !!!

Those days are over, and now I'm the last guy in the line at Airports to look for power points !

This is true liberation.

Put this no Amazon's wish list , and use camel camel camel to Track it down to the price you want to pay.

Summary on  uNu Power DX cases, they are value for money, and also are good for Sound Reproduction, as they divert the speaker sound upwards, and give a better feel for the sound too !! These have a matt finish, in contrast to Mophie, and are less prone to scratches and chipping.

IF you want to go lower than this in terms of price point, then your alternate is : Aluratek battery case @ 19.99 on MacMall.

Look out for my review on that shortly !!