Apparent 'iPhone 5C' instruction manual surfaces in the Netherlands

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
A series of new images from the Netherlands claim to show a instruction manual that will ship with the Dutch version of Apple's forthcoming "iPhone 5C."

5C

In addition to the "5C" name, the manual shared by SIM Only Radar appears to show an iPhone with a black glass front, and white plastic back. An image in the manual shows the device running iOS 7, and points out the standard iPhone features such as a Lightning connector, home button, lock button, volume buttons, and mute switch.

Other materials included with the alleged "iPhone 5C" manual are also the usual items found with a new iPhone: official Apple stickers, a metal SIM ejector tool, and the standard regulatory documentation.

Apple is expected to introduce both the "iPhone 5C" and a new high-end "iPhone 5S" at a media event next Tuesday. Apple has already blocked AppleCare employees' time off from Sept. 15 through 28, and the new devices are expected to become available to customers across the world on Friday, Sept. 20.

5C

Multiple leaks have shown Apple's new plastic iPhone will feature the same 4-inch display as the iPhone 5. It's expected to entirely replace the iPhone 5 in Apple's fall 2013 lineup, meaning it will likely be priced at $99 with a new two-year service contract.

Market watchers expect the "iPhone 5C" will attract new customers to Apple's smartphone lineup, particularly with its low cost and new color options made possible because of a plastic back. It's been projected that the handset will be sold for around $400 without a contract subsidy.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 44
    poksipoksi Posts: 482member
    This one will massacre mid and mid-to-high market segment. Learn, how to take a pain, Samsomething....
  • Reply 2 of 44
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    €429 in Ireland is my guess.
  • Reply 3 of 44
    ireland wrote: »
    €429 in Ireland is my guess.

You get your own price? I wonder how much it will be in David. :D
  • Reply 4 of 44
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    If these things are now showing up in the Netherlands (not just in some factory in China) they must be almost ready to start selling. So why does the article say they're expected to become available on the 20th? I think Tim will give the "Available Today" line next Wednesday.
  • Reply 5 of 44

Awesome :)

• Reply 6 of 44
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    Good to see that Tim's doubling down on secrecy is working.......

All these leaks spoil the enjoyment of the big reveal so much.
  • Reply 7 of 44

If it is within 300 €, i’ll have a cell phone in almost 10 years.

• Reply 8 of 44
    ascii wrote: »
    If these things are now showing up in the Netherlands (not just in some factory in China) they must be almost ready to start selling. So why does the article say they're expected to become available on the 20th? I think Tim will give the "Available Today" line next Wednesday.

I think it's actually quite early for this to pop up. Normally products get send out two days in advance. At least, that's what APR's tell me. And I've seen the delivery of the first and second gen iPad arrive two days before they went on sale.

Well, whatever. We'll see next Tuesday, I guess. Still, no official word heh?
  • Reply 9 of 44
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I think it's actually quite early for this to pop up. Normally products get send out two days in advance. At least, that's what APR's tell me. And I've seen the delivery of the first and second gen iPad arrive two days before they went on sale.

You're right... I wonder if the talk was originally going to be this Wednesday but got pushed back a week for some reason?

• Reply 10 of 44
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    ochyming wrote: »
    If it is within 300 €, i’ll have a cell phone in almost 10 years.

I don't know about European prices, but I think the Walmart pricing rumor is probably close to being right. They have the cheapest 5S at $649 and the cheapest 5C at $449 (no contract prices) in the U.S. That sounds about right.
  • Reply 11 of 44
    saarek wrote: »

In Tim's defense, I think he was referring to new projects. That's where secrecy really matters. Right now everyone is trying to beat Apple to the punch with wearable tech. What ,along that line, will Apple be doing? Tether able phone accessory? Dick Tracy video phone? Health meter? S&M gear? Keep them guessing.

It just doesn't seem possible to me to keep the latest model phones secret, something that is being produced in the tens of millions for an international roll out. Although it would make the early Christmas reveal more fun if they could. Alas.
  • Reply 12 of 44

Quote:

Originally Posted by saarek View Post

What do you KNOW about the 5s? What do you KNOW about the mac refresh? What about iPods? What about software suits updates? what about possible iwatch andTV? Looks great to me.

The 5c, besides being a fantastic product, is also a "bone" for bloggers to run after.

• Reply 13 of 44
    Well really, what do we know for sure about any of the upcoming phones?

Nothing but a whole lot of "apparent" instruction manuals and "possible" pictures of devices.

However... The last 3 years the reveal has only shown the accuracy of the leaks leading up to it.

Apple have been famous for their secrecy, but the excitement of a surprise reveal during their keynotes is disappearing.

Who can blame the press for not being excited, and giving a "meh" response after the keynote for something they've known about weeks in advance?

It's like Christmas would be if the kids knew well in advance what's wrapped up for them - sure there's a bit if excitement 'cause they get to play with the pressies, but the build up and suspension leading to unwrapping the unknown?

Gone.

And starting to go for Apple. Hopefully, they've kept something up their sleeve, otherwise I'll be happy with a new 5S to buy, even though there doesn't seem much surprise...
  • Reply 14 of 44

Quote:

Apple is expected to introduce both the "iPhone 5C" and a new high-end "iPhone 5S" at a media event next Wednesday.

I think we can all agree next Wednesday is a typo - every tech website, including this one has said it is next Tuesday. Please fix.

• Reply 16 of 44

So what exactly does the "C" stand for? does it represent "Cheap?" I hope not...

• Reply 17 of 44
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member

The general consensus is that C stands for Color/Colour.

• Reply 18 of 44
    I've heard "Color." But everything is a rumor at this point, so who knows.
  • Reply 19 of 44
    "C" will stand for Cool!

Just take the money from my out stretched hand....

And put the new iPhone, MacBook Pro, iPad Mini or iPad in my hands already!

Oh and maybe a Haswell iMac too!

Thanks.
  • Reply 20 of 44
    Are we finally done with posters here saying all these 5C leaks are fake?