Apparent 'iPhone 5C' instruction manual surfaces in the Netherlands

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member

What if the 5C will replace the iPod Touch (same price point) and be configured out of the gate ready for pre-paid mobile.

• Reply 22 of 44
    Hmm... I have this feeling for quite some time now... But I think this iPhone 5C is going to replace the iPod touch.

All those colors match the current iPod touch line. Also, I know a lot of people who can't afford an iPhone so they go for iPod Touch instead. What do you guys think?
  • Reply 23 of 44
    No facetime icon!!! Maybe siri not supported also
  • Reply 24 of 44
    saarek wrote: »
    Good to see that Tim's doubling down on secrecy is working.......

All these leaks spoil the enjoyment of the big reveal so much.

True. However, lots of people are needed in a coordinated product launch, including the people who print inserts, etc. and they're going to *see* it. I'm surprised it works 99.9% of the time, all things considered.
  • Reply 25 of 44
    Be on your guard everyone, Apple invite inbound.
  • Reply 26 of 44
    kevtkevt Posts: 195member
    Is it just me or do other people find the two dark blackish icons on the home screen a bit of an eyesore?

I'm coming round to the pastel colours and flatter icons, but the black seems to go against this.
  • Reply 27 of 44
    iron man wrote: »
    And starting to go for Apple. Hopefully, they've kept something up their sleeve, otherwise I'll be happy with a new 5S to buy, even though there doesn't seem much surprise...

Apple kept the new Mac Pro under wraps before its unveiling at this year's WWDC. So yes, they can still surprise you.
  • Reply 28 of 44
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMCARIBE View Post

Would be very disappointing for them not to include both FaceTime and Siri.

• Reply 29 of 44

Originally Posted by iRon man View Post

However... The last 3 years the reveal has only shown the accuracy of the leaks leading up to it.

Not really.

Apple have been famous for their secrecy, but the excitement of a surprise reveal during their keynotes is disappearing.

No.

Gone.

You know absolutely nothing whatsoever about the device. Enough.

Originally Posted by jsheffie View Post

So what exactly does the "C" stand for? does it represent "Cheap?"

What else could it possibly be?

• Reply 30 of 44
    jsheffie wrote: »
    <span style="line-height:1.231;">So what exactly does the "C" stand for? does it represent "Cheap?"</span>

What else could it possibly be?

?
    The iPhone is so sexy,
    still got butt like the letter C
    ?
  • Reply 31 of 44

? for Colorful.

• Reply 32 of 44

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

?

The iPhone is so sexy,

still got butt like the letter C

?

iPhone, iPhone, iPhone ends with C!

• Reply 33 of 44
    It comes with a sim ejector tool like the 3GS. Yes!
  • Reply 34 of 44
    philboogie wrote: »
    I think it's actually quite early for this to pop up. Normally products get send out two days in advance. At least, that's what APR's tell me. And I've seen the delivery of the first and second gen iPad arrive two days before they went on sale.

Well, whatever. We'll see next Tuesday, I guess. Still, no official word heh?
    It'll be at 10 AM PT 12 PM CT on September 10.
  • Reply 35 of 44
    h2ph2p Posts: 329member

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMCARIBE View Post

I just looked on Apple's website & no FaceTime listed under iOS 7. Hmm?!? Did I miss something?

I also didn't see FaceTime under the Camera functions...

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/

• Reply 36 of 44

Which will be 7pm at my side of the pond. Thank you sir, more informative than the first post in the thread with the announcement.
  • Reply 37 of 44

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkdefender View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I think it's actually quite early for this to pop up. Normally products get send out two days in advance. At least, that's what APR's tell me. And I've seen the delivery of the first and second gen iPad arrive two days before they went on sale.

Well, whatever. We'll see next Tuesday, I guess. Still, no official word heh?

In Portugal what time is that?

• Reply 38 of 44
    In Portugal what time is that?

7pm, or 19:00, for you too.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=1239
  • Reply 39 of 44
    Apple kept the new Mac Pro under wraps before its unveiling at this year's WWDC. So yes, they can still surprise you.

Yeah, it was nice to watch that part and not know what was coming next.

The big difference being though that it wasn't a model being ramped up for production. It may be that for new product lines they need to now allow for a longer gap between announcing and production/shipping so that they can avoid all these leaks.

Hard to do when you're needing pre production in the millions to keep up with launch demand - and investor/press expectation that every year many more are sold on launch week.

The other big factor here is the desirability of the iPhone now. It's become such a big focus of interest for the public and press, which drives more people to want to dig harder and take more risks for rumours.
  • Reply 40 of 44
    Not really.

No.

You know absolutely nothing whatsoever about the device. Enough.

Yeah? Not quite sure where you're coming from here. I guess world wide (my part of the world anyway) the focus started to lift with iPhone 4. Leading up to it was when I got on board, and between that and the 4s was when I started seeing iPhones everywhere.

I can't say for sure what was leaked before previous versions, but I definitely didn't see articles in the local paper quoting bullsh*t rumours as if they were fact like we see now.

Even for the 4 though there was so much that was known beforehand. It is possible though that if the prototype in the bar incident didn't happen the new design would've been secret until reveal.

The 5 certainly wasn't. There were headlines in tech news in the weeks before saying about the 4" screen, then when it was revealed as rumoured the press (or the tech "experts" they interview for opinions) were blasé.

That, and the expectation that a 5" screen is needed to stay relevant. The common news last year was "no surprises here, and still lagging behind big screen android phones".

Meanwhile reviewers loved it, and they sold more than any other phone had ever sold in history....

Sure, there's a few crap rumours which mostly stem from financial analysts expectations of tech products...

But even though we don't work for Apple, and I "know absolutely nothing whatsoever about the device"... Do you honestly expect there to be much different announced next week than the leaks?

Do we get to impose a penalty on you if you're wrong? (Maybe a month ban on using your favourite short phrases/replies?)

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to be surprised - if anything it pisses me off that everyone feels like they know so much at this stage.