Apple promises to 'brighten everyone's day' at Sept. 10 iPhone announcement

Comments

• Reply 21 of 164
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member
    Okay I am officially naming this new colorful iPhone 5c:

The Candy Crush iPhone

Because those are the colors and the design. The phone and iOS that remind you of

Skittles
  • Reply 22 of 164
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I wouldn't read too much into the announcement. There's only so many clues they can fit on an invitation and perhaps there are some things they want to keep secret until the 10th.

True. But given the expected second model, it would allow Apple to release new models twice a year rather than once a year as they have been doing. They could release "new" technology in the flagship model in the Spring and then push that tech to the "C" model in the Fall.

• Reply 23 of 164
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    An 8 GB iPhone 5C, a 16 GB iPhone 5, 32/64/128 iPhone 5S. There's your lineup!
  • Reply 24 of 164
    rogifan wrote: »
    Should we be reading anything into the fact this is being held at Apple headquarters and not some place bigger?

The Loop says that "Apple is widely expected to unveil *a* new phone". Of course I'm sure he has to be more cagey than most whether he knows more about this or not.
  • Reply 25 of 164
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    mjtomlin wrote: »
    True. But given the expected second model, it would allow Apple to release new models twice a year rather than once a year as they have been doing. They could release "new" technology in the flagship model in the Spring and then push that tech to the "C" model in the Fall.
    But then they'd be going well over a year without a new flagship model. Can Apple really afford to do that? If all we get on Sept 10 is the iPhone 5 with a new color and these low cost phones the stock will tank big time.
  • Reply 26 of 164
    The Loop says that "Apple is widely expected to unveil *a* new phone". Of course I'm sure he has to be more cagey than most whether he knows more about this or not.
    MacRumors says its going to be held at Apple's campus.
  • Reply 27 of 164

Quote:

Should we be reading anything into the fact this is being held at Apple headquarters and not some place bigger?

Usually means it won't be a long event. As I mentioned above, the iPhone 5C, iPhone 5 in new colors (Champagne Gold and Graphite), and a release date for iOS 7; Friday, Sept 13th.

Personally, I'm most excited about getting iOS 7!!!

• Reply 28 of 164

An super bright display for the iPhone 5S ?

So bright i and people around me will not see any dimm-y AMOLEDS ?

So bright that sun will get unreadable (not the display) ?

So bright it will be visible from the other end of the galaxy (mega Z ultra infinite with a billion inch screen) ?

So bright that iPhone 5 will look like a... ahm actually iPhone 5 is already one of the brightest smartphones around.. maybe its just about the brightness of the flash :)

• Reply 29 of 164

I would say: 16GB iPhone 5C; 32GB iPhone 5; 32, 64 and 128GB iPhone 5S.

8GB it's too little

• Reply 30 of 164

Quote:

But then they'd be going well over a year without a new flagship model. Can Apple really afford to do that? If all we get on Sept 10 is the iPhone 5 with a new color and these low cost phones the stock will tank big time.

I disagree, the market isn't so much interested in a new flagship model as they are a lower cost model. New colors and a new OS will hold over the flagship model for a little while longer. Besides everyone will be too busy talking about the new iPhone model.

I also think with the introduction of the next flagship model, Apple will unveil their take on "wearables" and they currently aren't ready for it.

• Reply 31 of 164
    My speculation:
    5C 8GB $0 contract, $349 unlocked
    5C 16GB $99 contract, $429 unlocked
    5C 32GB $199 contract, $529 unlocked

5S 32GB $249 contract
    5S 64GB $349 contract
    5S 128GB $449 contract
  • Reply 32 of 164

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post

Perhaps they are referring to the bright new icons in iOS 7.

No...  What brightens?  A flashlight!  And didn't Craig Federighi highlight the flashlight option, several times, in the new iOS 7 redesign of the quick access to the pull up settings options pane! image  Refresh your memory.

/

/

/

• Reply 33 of 164
    I disagree, the market isn't so much interested in a new flagship model as they are a lower cost model. New colors and a new OS will hold over the flagship model for a little while longer. Besides everyone will be too busy talking about the new iPhone model.

I also think with the introduction of the next flagship model, Apple will unveil their take on "wearables" and they currently aren't ready for it.
    But there's nothing really to talk about. Most likely it will be an iPhone 5 in a colored plastic body. The only thing people will be talking about is price (either complaining its too expensive or surprised its cheaper than they thought).
  • Reply 34 of 164

I believe the circles are cyan, magenta and yellow, and then red, green, blue.  Those are of course the standard primary colors for digital photo and printing purposes.

The one color that is not standard?  The two "gold" circles.

Now what could that possibly mean??

• Reply 35 of 164
    Nothing about the refreshed MacBook Pros with Haswell?
  • Reply 36 of 164
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

An 8 GB iPhone 5C, a 16 GB iPhone 5, 32/64/128 iPhone 5S. There's your lineup!

No.  It makes no sense to keep making the iPhone 5 if there is a 5c

• Reply 37 of 164
    rogifan wrote: »
    MacRumors says its going to be held at Apple's campus.

I just meant maybe a smaller venue plus Dalrymples "a" new phone might equal just the 5c announced on the 10th. Just trying to read tea leaves I guess. I can't wait for the 5s personally, so maybe I'm just trying to be emotionally prepared if it does come out later :D
  • Reply 38 of 164
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    My speculation:
    5C 8GB $0 contract, $349 unlocked
    5C 16GB $99 contract, $429 unlocked
    5C 32GB $199 contract, $529 unlocked

5S 32GB $249 contract
    5S 64GB $349 contract
    5S 128GB $449 contract

I could see this being the exact lineup except no 8gb version and just 16 @ $0 and 32 @ $99. I wouldn't be surprised to see $249 for 32gb S- but also wouldn't be shocked to see them keep it at $199.

Can't wait!
  • Reply 39 of 164
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

No...  What brightens?  A flashlight!  And didn't Craig Federighi highlight the flashlight option, several times, in the new iOS 7 redesign of the quick access to the pull up settings options pane! image  Refresh your memory.

/

/

/

I already hate that "quick access" panel and I haven't even used it yet.  The "flashlight" option in particular is idiotic. 

• Reply 40 of 164
    Usually means it won't be a long event. As I mentioned above, the iPhone 5C, iPhone 5 in new colors (Champagne Gold and Graphite), and a release date for iOS 7; Friday, Sept 13th.

Personally, I'm most excited about getting iOS 7!!!
    Sorry I think you're mistaken if you think Apple can wait until next spring for a new flagship phone. And why would anyone coming off a 2 year contract upgrade to the 5 when it would be pretty much guaranteed the 6 is around the corner in the spring. 5 sales would tank and I doubt these colored phones would make up for it.