Apple promises to 'brighten everyone's day' at Sept. 10 iPhone announcement

Comments

• Reply 41 of 164
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    gazoobee wrote: »
    I already hate that "quick access" panel and I haven't even used it yet.  The "flashlight" option in particular is idiotic. 
    Why?
  • Reply 42 of 164
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    gazoobee wrote: »
    No.  It makes no sense to keep making the iPhone 5 if there is a 5c

IF there is a 5C? People are still saying "if"?
  • Reply 43 of 164

I'VE GOT IT! THE BUBBLES ARE FOR THE 'CHAMPANGE' COLOR IPHONE 5S!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply 44 of 164
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I just meant maybe a smaller venue plus Dalrymples "a" new phone might equal just the 5c announced on the 10th. Just trying to read tea leaves I guess. I can't wait for the 5s personally, so maybe I'm just trying to be emotionally prepared if it does come out later :D
    I'm guessing because Apple hasn't confirmed anything he wouldn't want to give it away by using phones, plural. Or maybe he doesn't know what Apple will be announcing.
  • Reply 45 of 164
    If they really wanted to brighten my day, they'd announce new MacBook Pros as well. The new school year has begun, and still no hint about when we might see those or what improvements they will feature.
  • Reply 46 of 164

Originally Posted by racingbull View Post

Are we getting ... One more thing??

Steve's dead, so no.

• Reply 47 of 164
    I'VE GOT IT! THE BUBBLES ARE FOR THE 'CHAMPANGE' COLOR IPHONE 5S!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, that's pretty good.
  • Reply 48 of 164
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

An "iPhone 5" reskinned as a 5C wouldn't be compatible with China Mobile. That would seem to potentially blunt it's market impact.

• Reply 49 of 164
    notscott wrote: »
    Well, maybe not Ballmer's day, but everyone else's.

He'll get Apple yet!!! *Shakes his sweaty gorilla fist at Cupertino*
  • Reply 50 of 164
    Think you mean 15th not 25th for IOS 7 launch
  • Reply 51 of 164
    Most people put their phones in a case, so Apple better provide a very functional case design that allows that color to still have meaning. If not then why not just make colored covers that conforms to form and a phone core that only conforms to function.
  • Reply 52 of 164
    Think you mean 15th not 25th for IOS 7 launch

On a Sunday? Really? Anyhoo, welcome to the forum, I guess.
  • Reply 53 of 164
    connector wrote: »
    Most people put their phones in a case, so Apple better provide a very functional case design that allows that color to still have meaning. If not then why not just make colored covers that conforms to form and a phone core that only conforms to function.

Form and function don't separate easily if at all.
  • Reply 54 of 164
    Steve's dead, so no.

One more thing...... Steve's Alive! lol
  • Reply 55 of 164
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Sorry I think you're mistaken if you think Apple can wait until next spring for a new flagship phone. And why would anyone coming off a 2 year contract upgrade to the 5 when it would be pretty much guaranteed the 6 is around the corner in the spring. 5 sales would tank and I doubt these colored phones would make up for it.

Opinions are opinions... I'm just taking a stab at what I think may happen.

A vast majority of people aren't interested in the timing of their contracts or the release date of the next iPhone model (people are still buying the iPhone 4 and 4S). I know many people that continue using their current phones long after the contract period has ended, just as some like to upgrade ASAP. The "5C" that's introduced will lack some of the features of the flagship model - people who are interested in those features will still opt for the higher end models.

Offering the iPhone 5 in different colors may convince a few people from choosing the iPhone 4 or 4S and help push sales of the 5 for a little while longer. Not to mention many people may be satisfied with iOS 7 enough that they decide to use their current phone longer.

Then this Spring Apple will drop the iPhone 4 and 4S and the line up will be as follows...

5C (16GB) - $0 w/2 yr contract, $329 without

5 (32GB) - $99 w/2 yr contract, $549 without

5S (32GB) - $199 w/2 yr contract, $649 without

Again, I'm just guessing. One of the biggest complaints about the iPhone is that only one new model is released every year and that sales (and market share) slowly slip away throughout the year. This would be the smartest move for Apple to move to a twice-a-year release schedule and level out sales throughout the year.

• Reply 56 of 164
    I have to laugh every time I read this remark - "Apple's "S" series iPhones have typically been refinements of the models immediately preceding them, and most of the rumors surrounding the "5S" have been in that vein."

It pops up in almost every rumor article. Why do I laugh? Because Apple has had exactly one (1) phone that has used the letter 'S'. What kind of trend does ONE phone make? Get real.
  • Reply 57 of 164
    3 white/clear Circles with grey outline may hint at 3 iphone 5s colors with fingerprint home button .....
  • Reply 58 of 164
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by connector View Post

I have a feeling more people will go case-less with the new durable and colorful plastic design.

• Reply 59 of 164
    The circles represent the home button with built in fingerprint sensor. Really can't wait for that, so tired of having to key in my long iTunes password every time I want to do anything.
  • Reply 60 of 164
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahernk View Post

I have to laugh every time I read this remark - "Apple's "S" series iPhones have typically been refinements of the models immediately preceding them, and most of the rumors surrounding the "5S" have been in that vein."

It pops up in almost every rumor article. Why do I laugh? Because Apple has had exactly one (1) phone that has used the letter 'S'. What kind of trend does ONE phone make? Get real.

They've had at least two.

3GS

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP565

The 4S:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-4s/specs.html

The 3GS was an upgrade of the 3G so the "S" was an independent addition.

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP495