Apple promises to 'brighten everyone's day' at Sept. 10 iPhone announcement

Comments

• Reply 121 of 164
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Should we be reading anything into the fact this is being held at Apple headquarters and not some place bigger?

They held the iPhone 5 event in the Apple Town Hall Theater on Apples Campus last time.  So no I would not read a thing into that.

• Reply 122 of 164
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Maybe it varies from place to place...

But where I live, we use the term "nigga" to define stupid black people that think that they are rappers and thieves at the same time (and dress accordingly), and stupid white people that think that they are stupid black people that hink that they are rappers and thieves at the same time.

I explained that I have all respect in the world for people that deserve it, and something as frugal as skin color is not a factor. It doesn't even make sense. Why the hell is that even being brought up?

What is your problem? Seriously, I don't get it.

Pedro, sometimes you have to think about where you are, not where you come from. Just because you use that word doesn't mean you should use that word. Getto language should remain in the getto. If you don't come from there, I can't imagine anywhere else where that word would be accepted. Maybe you're listening to too much Gangsta Rap.
  • Reply 123 of 164
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ahernk View Post

I have to laugh every time I read this remark - "Apple's "S" series iPhones have typically been refinements of the models immediately preceding them, and most of the rumors surrounding the "5S" have been in that vein."

It pops up in almost every rumor article. Why do I laugh? Because Apple has had exactly one (1) phone that has used the letter 'S'. What kind of trend does ONE phone make? Get real.

Actually there were 2.  The iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4S. So that does make a trend. Both were introduced in-between.  As in 3, 3GS, 4.

4, 4S, and 5.

• Reply 124 of 164
    Quote:

Originally Posted by webboy View Post

"Integrating a fingerprint sensor %u2014 a move that would largely negate the need for passwords and lock-screen codes %u2014 could give Apple an edge that its competition could not likely soon address."

How could you write that.. "could give Apple an edge that its competition could not likely soon address"??? Did you forget that Motorola did this years ago? and oh wait who owns them now?? Apple's direct competition? SMH...

http://secureidnews.com/news-item/motorola-releases-fingerprint-sensor-embedded-android-phone/

Motorola's implementation of the fingerprint sensor was horrible.  Most of them quit working the first month after owning the phone due to the fact that the sensor had no cover on it and was so gummed up from dirt and touching it it was useless.  Apples sensor that was bought with the purchase of authentec allows for the sensor to use rf to read below the skin to see living tissue and can't be fooled like the motorola version, also because of the rf read ability it can be placed behind glass and or plastic  to protect it and still work well without all the headache of the sensor getting dirty like moto's then failing.

• Reply 125 of 164
    I want a wide screen iPhone similar to samsung galaxy size. I wonder how they are going to please me? or stop me moving to android just because of the limited screen sizes?????????????
  • Reply 126 of 164
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Now it's official.

Yes, it's now official there will be an Apple Event of some type on 10 Sept.
  • Reply 127 of 164
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iZaza View Post

I want a wide screen iPhone similar to samsung galaxy size. I wonder how they are going to please me? or stop me moving to android just because of the limited screen sizes?????????????

I hope they don't please you or stop you moving to Android.
  • Reply 128 of 164
    Quote:

The screen size is perfect.  Too big, and it won't fit in your pocket; too small and you can't read it.  4" is just perfect.  "Bigger screen size" is just Android bull crap.  If you need a bigger screen, go get an Android and be happy.

• Reply 129 of 164
    izaza wrote: »

I broke (drowned) my iPhone 4 a couple months ago and thought I'd have a go with a bigger screened Galaxy S4.

Lasted just on a week before lots of little frustrations added up to being too frequently pissed off with it.

Now I've sold that, I'm patiently using a friends 3GS with a cracked screen and dead pixels until the 5S (?) is out.

There's a lot of feedback online from those who tried and came back for similar reasons.

So... Don't be too quick to jump ship just cause of the screen size.

I personally like a bigger screen, but the iphone advantages outweigh that for now
  • Reply 130 of 164
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Alright, a FREE iPhone 6!!! RIght on!!!!
  • Reply 131 of 164
    What kind of statement is this?

Sorry - great when have to explain my humour...

With so many strong opinions on what a page full of coloured circles (and prev invites) mean, and arguments between each other, do we get to have our equivalent of what online gamers are starting to enjoy? :o)

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=online%20gaming%20related%20murder&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDoQtwIwBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjmYZ2WCSjP0&ei=kHomUrWEGeWXiQepwoGIDA&usg=AFQjCNF4s9nhCF1iDARYC-POcH0OAw-wog&sig2=y7Aair5zR3idP8q4RacStQ&bvm=bv.51495398,d.aGc

Sorry - don't know how to format links yet. It was the quickest link I could find to related article.

Anyway, some clever suggestions so far, and some "interesting" interpretations.

Have seen one site with a list of funny breakdowns already of this invite.

EDIT
    Forgot to say - looks like some coffee mug rings on the page to me. Still philosophising what that may mean though.
  • Reply 132 of 164
    First it was reported from the Greek Techmaniacs.gr(http://techmaniacs.gr/iphone-5s-and-iphone-5c-release-date/) at 19/8 and not AppleInsider. Unless you do not read the news because every single site on the net wrote about techmaniacs info. Don't make fool of yourselves. You cannot fool the internet!
  • Reply 133 of 164
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,401member
    I see the same color scheme in iOS7 and as such, it looks to me like iOS7 was designed to appeal to young girls.

As a professional adult male, I will NEVER load that chickish fugly looking color scheme on my iPhone.
  • Reply 134 of 164
    Resolution...........
  • Reply 135 of 164
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Not really, because the suggestion was that the 5c would be cheap enough to cover off the lowest model, but that the 5 would still be needed for a mid range model.  Considering the insides of the two devices are widely thought to be identical, it makes no sense to me that something cheap enough to work as a low end model would not also suffice for a mid-range model.  The poster is just assuming that there will be a desire for a cheap phone that isn't plastic and that Apple will fill this need.  Sounds like wishful thinking to me. 

Possibly so. And we won't know until we know. But just going off Apple's previous pattern, I expect that the iPhone 5 will be around for at least one more product cycle, if not two - no matter what the 5C ends up being. The only question I really have is, which model(s) will next get a bullet, the 4 and/or the 4S? The market for smaller screen smartphones seems to be pretty diminished. I don't know what the margins are for either. But does it make sense to keep producing and selling the small(er) screen iPhones? I don't know the answer to that either. But I'll be curious to see how long the 4 and 4S survive.

• Reply 136 of 164
    froodfrood Posts: 771member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post

Hmmm... Interesting that they seem to be focused on the purported "5C". I wonder if it will be the only model announced and released this Fall?

They could push back the 5S until early Spring and in the interim offer up the iPhone 5 in new colors; Champagne Gold and Graphite.

I think the iCheap is what's focused on because it is new.  People already know and expect the i5s is a faster i5 with a fingerprint sensor.  To me what's interesting will be to see the difference between them other than a plastic back.  If some rumors are true that they've disabled Siri that would be interesting.  It could serve to minimize cannibalization, but on the flip side that would just drive users to download and use Google Now instead.

• Reply 137 of 164

I wonder how they are going to please me?

By telling you to go buy a piece of crap so you know you don't actually want that in a phone.

Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

As a professional adult male, I will NEVER load that chickish fugly looking color scheme on my iPhone.

Guess you'll never use an OS created after 2012, then, huh. Enjoy the past.

• Reply 138 of 164
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    sc_markt wrote: »
    I see the same color scheme in iOS7 and as such, it looks to me like iOS7 was designed to appeal to young girls.

It appeals to me. And I'm a professional adult male in the business world. I'm not in a college world like you- surrounded by kids- so shouldn't I have more to "fear"? It looks great and until you've used hands on- you shouldn't form an opinion yet. And regardless- make your background "manly"- or whatever your definition of manly is.
  • Reply 139 of 164
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Predictions:

- iPhone 5S & 5C

- iOS 7 release date announced

- New Mac Pro

- 4K Cinema Display

- Mavericks release date announced

- New Apple TV

• Reply 140 of 164
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    As a professional adult male I don't use words like chickish or fugly, and I'm secure enough in my sexuality that I'm not threatened by the GUI colour scheme of a computer operating system.

Bugs however, those do rankle.  I hope they've made big progress with iOS7 since the last beta, because it's crashtastic, and nowhere near ready for release.