Apparent 'iPhone 5C' instruction manual surfaces in the Netherlands

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    Originally Posted by iRon man View Post

I can't say for sure what was leaked before previous versions, but I definitely didn't see articles in the local paper quoting bullsh*t rumours as if they were fact like we see now.

That's part of Apple's success.

The 5 certainly wasn't. There were headlines in tech news in the weeks before saying about the 4" screen, then when it was revealed as rumoured the press (or the tech "experts" they interview for opinions) were blasé.

Except they knew exactly as much about it as they did the iPhone 4 before launch.

That, and the expectation that a 5" screen is needed to stay relevant.

No one actually expects nor expected that. There are articles written about how terrible screens of that size are.

But even though we don't work for Apple, and I "know absolutely nothing whatsoever about the device"... Do you honestly expect there to be much different announced next week than the leaks?

Yes, given that the leaks tell us nothing. We've seen the Home Button, for heaven's sake, and yet we don't even know if the rumored thumb thing is real!

Do we get to impose a penalty on you if you're wrong? (Maybe a month ban on using your favourite short phrases/replies?)

Yeah, you're blindingly obvious a return account. Now shut up and go away.

• Reply 42 of 44
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kevt View Post

Is it just me or do other people find the two dark blackish icons on the home screen a bit of an eyesore?

I'm coming round to the pastel colours and flatter icons, but the black seems to go against this.

Nope, not just you...they hurt my eyes.

• Reply 43 of 44
    That's part of Apple's success.

Except they knew exactly as much about it as they did the iPhone 4 before launch.

No one actually expects nor expected that. There are articles written about how terrible screens of that size are.

Yes, given that the leaks tell us nothing. We've seen the Home Button, for heaven's sake, and yet we don't even know if the rumored thumb thing is real!

Yeah, you're blindingly obvious a return account. Now shut up and go away.

Yeah, the biggest part of the problem with all the rumours is Apples success - people don't care as much about other stuff. I don't see much of a solution unless they take over the while production process start to finish.

iPhone 5 release? I can't understand why you're arguing that it wasn't dampened by the rumours and leaks - I had thought that was pretty obvious, but maybe I'm wrong?

Screen sizes - our personal opinions don't factor in to how mainstream local, national, and online news last year were featuring experts who were putting it as a negative that the screen was only 4". Maybe we're reading different news?

And regarding the leaks this year, I wasn't meaning to isolate it to the "5s" only, and was also thinking of the 5c. Regardless, there's been plenty enough out there on what's expected in the 5s anyway.

You don't believe any of the rumours/leaks for either expected device will be accurate?
  • Reply 44 of 44
    So...

Looking back now, what were the features of the new phones that weren't pretty much confirmed in rumours beforehand?

[B]iPhone 5s:[/B]

[LIST]
    [*] 64 bit processing
    [*] M7 sensor
    [*] Burst mode & auto selection of best frames for camera
    [*] Intelligent photo processing (stitching 4 shots into ones with best sharpness etc)
    [/LIST]

[B]iPhone 5c:[/B]

[LIST]
    [*] The price?
    [*] How the inner frame attached to the plastic?
    [/LIST]

[B]Incorrect leaks:[/B]

[LIST]
    [*] Can't think of any except pricepoint of the 5c?
    [*]
    [/LIST]

The keynote seemed to go down really well this year, and the feedback from the press much better than last.

I think iOS 7 had a big positive influence, and that even though some of the features like fingerprint sensors, dual flash, and slo mo video were leaked, the real word demos made a great impression.

I think last year the main surprise of the bigger 4" screen was spoiled in advance by leaks, as the real world demo looked the same as the leaks.