Inside Samsung's Galaxy Note 3 & Gear media blitz in Times Square

Comments

• Reply 21 of 90

Total garbage, i can't imagine anyone paying 300 bucks for this.   As a gadget junkie, i wouldn't even buy it, I am so disappointing in this.  As an aapl investor I am so relieved to see that the Samsung smart watch is crap.  I am betting on apple (if the are really building a watch will make something worth buying).  I have gadget real-estate on my arm and want something new and awesome to play with.  My only worry is that seeing that samsungs watch doesn't have a flexible screen, month-long battery or any other groundbreaking technology that has paved the way for a smart watch to be made is a bad sign for the over all industry(that these new technologies are not ready).  This did nothing to "raise the bar".

• Reply 22 of 90
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I hope they keep it up. Eventually people will get sick of Samsung/Galaxy 24/7. In fact I think a lot of people already have.
  • Reply 23 of 90
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Those slotted screws look tacky. Even I know whenever you use slotted screws in a finished application such as on electrical switch plates. etc, you always make sure that the slots are aligned, not just Helter Skelter any random angle they end up. No attention to detail.

I thought I was going to be the only anal-retentive freak to notice this ;)

• Reply 24 of 90
    Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

Times Square? Terrific venue choice, just terrific.

No, don't you see? It's a pun. TIMEs square! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• Reply 25 of 90
    Quote:

....a layout much like Apple's own retail stores....

What a surprise!

/s

• Reply 26 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Those slotted screws look tacky. Even I know whenever you use slotted screws in a finished application such as on electrical switch plates. etc, you always make sure that the slots are aligned, not just Helter Skelter any random angle they end up. No attention to detail.

Don't get me wrong, I think this watch is seriously hilarious and I find it difficult to believe this is not a joke, nevertheless I have to disagree with you about the screw slot alignment comment. It is fact looks more right to have the slots at random angles because that is natural for real screws otherwise they would look ornamental.

http://s13.postimg.org/zet2msanr/screenshot_142.jpg

• Reply 27 of 90

Um, how about a pic of the watch that gives some sense of scale?  Like on a wrist??

• Reply 28 of 90
    Originally Posted by chazwatson View Post

Um, how about a pic of the watch that gives some sense of scale?  Like on a wrist??

All wrists differ, but this is close.

Screen looks slightly larger than the iPod nano's. What a surprise.

• Reply 29 of 90
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chazwatson View Post

• Reply 30 of 90
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

I really dont like the look of this watch, I hope Apple will do better

• Reply 31 of 90
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Yes... Keep spending massive amounts of cash on those questionable promotions Samsung, while Apple lets the world beat a path to their door. In fact, Samsung should buy up ALL of the advertising slots for the next Super Bowl.

They're also spending quite a bit on product placement, almost every time a smartphone is shown on a TV show or movie it's a Samsung.
  • Reply 32 of 90
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUnfetteredMind View Post

I thought I was going to be the only anal-retentive freak to notice this ;)

Me, too. Jumped right out at me before I had even scrolled down to see the entire image.

It would have looked much better with Torx screw heads--much more industrial. Steve would have had the screws in the back, not the face. And what's with that huge bezel? What a waste of real estate. Or the whole watch could have been smaller.

• Reply 33 of 90
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jfc1138 wrote: »
    Times Square? Where every other store is perpetually "going out of business" and the curbside vendors sell knockoff crap by the card table load?

Terrific venue choice, just terrific.

But tons of pedestrian traffic, smart move allowing the general public see and try the devices in person rather than only devs and bloggers.
  • Reply 34 of 90
    focherfocher Posts: 687member

Wearable Computing? More like Wearable Birth Control.

• Reply 35 of 90

Every time I see the watch face it looks like 2 eyes and a big open mouth.

I am really looking forward to seeing what Apple has in mind.

• Reply 36 of 90
    Without anything to copy from this is what you get, yawn
  • Reply 37 of 90

The problem with a watch, as we know it, is the lack of screen real-estate; unless you have a clock/watch as big as Flavor Flav. The iphone4 and Nintendo DS is just barely usable. 

• Reply 38 of 90
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalogJack View Post

+100

plus that picture is worth seeing again!

• Reply 39 of 90
    There doesn't seem to be a clock in any of these screen shots. Surely the home screen would display the time!
  • Reply 40 of 90
    Why does Samsung just shame themselves by releasing stupid watch before Apple ? Who do u think u are ? U are just a shameless copycat .