Apple may differentiate 'iPhone 5S' fingerprint scanning home button with silver ring [u]

Comments

• Reply 41 of 69
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

...gauche, but i like that word - it would be e more fitting replacement for 'gear' for new devices coming from other companies.

But only if its meant to be used left handed.

• Reply 42 of 69
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

How do you know it's going to be an ugly gray static ring?

2 sources: this questionable spyshot and Clayton Morris, who claims to have sources that have told him there will be a "silver ring" around the home button.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

But, isn't the MacBook Pro (which you apparently like) screen just a black bezel with a silver 'ring' (albeit rectangular, with rounded corners) around it?

You're comparing the MacBook display's outer aluminium case edges with this ugly home button ring? They might as well add another tacky ring to the earpiece slit while they're at it. Looks like Apple's marketing dept. didn't just design iOS 7's icons.

• Reply 43 of 69
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Quote:

You mean silver and white? I'm not aware of any iPhone where the front of the phone is/will be gold.

True, we haven't seen any pictures of the front for the 'gold' iPhone. But from what I've seen, the antenna band is visible and that was gold. So both will be seen simultaneously. Quelle horreur.

(I joke... I'll be first in line for the gold, but unfortunately this year I'll be out of country on the probable day that orders will start.

Guess I'll find out if I've just been caught up in first day excitement for the past 5 years.)

• Reply 44 of 69

silver AND gold

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Does anyone else hear Burl Ives?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY-XDQN6ipE

I thought EXACTLY the same thing.  EXACTLY.

Heh heh.  Thanks for the spark of fun

• Reply 45 of 69
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:

So you're appalled by something you haven't seen yet? Can we at least wait until the device is actually announced before we crap all over it? image

Agreed.  I guess I am appalled by my idea of what it will look like.  

I can't see how it won't break up the "all black" look we've all gotten so used to though.   

• Reply 46 of 69
    gqb wrote: »
    But only if its meant to be used left handed.
    Lol
    Absolutely adroit
  • Reply 47 of 69
    Regarding these iPhone rumors:

Number of people making claims > number of people who know
  • Reply 48 of 69
    Hope to see it in the new iPad
  • Reply 49 of 69
    gazoobee wrote: »
    Does anyone else hear Burl Ives?  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY-XDQN6ipE

That was awesome when you were 5, or when you are loopy on nog.
  • Reply 50 of 69
    Are we past the "but thieves will cut your finger off!" posts?
  • Reply 51 of 69
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    chuckd wrote: »
    2 sources: this questionable spyshot and Clayton Morris, who claims to have sources that have told him there will be a "silver ring" around the home button.
    OK but still we haven't seen it (a crappy leaked photo doesn't count), so we don't know that it will be static or ugly.
  • Reply 52 of 69
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    gazoobee wrote: »
    Agreed.  I guess I am appalled by my idea of what it will look like.  
    I can't see how it won't break up the "all black" look we've all gotten so used to though.   
    I'm waiting until its announces to judge. Could be that the ring is LED and maybe will provide notification or go beyond just fingerprint scanner? I'm going out on a limb and guessing if it is a sliver ring there's a reason for it and its not just a poor aesthetic choice by some designer.
  • Reply 53 of 69
    Look at the Apple invitation... The colors could represent the 5C colors and the silver rings interspersed around the drawing might be the 5S mysterious rings.
  • Reply 54 of 69
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

A black background on the Springboard when that hasn't been the case by default (or even a possibility) since iPhone OS 3, as well as hasn't shown up on a box since the same time, and when iOS 7 SPECIFICALLY HAS A FEATURE THAT HIGHLIGHTS ANIMATED BACKGROUNDS?

How stupid do you have to be to believe those images?!

If these turn out to be legit, will you show some humility and promise to apologize to everyone you just called stupid? 

No, of course not. You never have and never will. 

• Reply 55 of 69
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

If these turn out to be legit, will you show some humility and promise to apologize to everyone you just called stupid? 

Exactly; of course not. Why we'd believe anything without reason or proof, or to accept something as fact without questioning it first is stupid. 

• Reply 56 of 69
    Updated HD pictures still difficult to see proof on box
  • Reply 57 of 69
    Quote:

Originally Posted by K2kW View Post

But does the iPhone 5S do something new besides new font.

The physical design of the phone itself is pretty old-basically an iPhone 4 of almost 4 years ago.

Other than the 5 and 5S have a totally different taller and much thinner body, (aluminum not glass)  and a 4" screen not a 3.5" screen and a different connector.  No there exactly the same.:rolleyes:

• Reply 58 of 69
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WonkoTheSane View Post

It didn't strike me as odd success the packaging of the C also appears to have plain color backgrounds. Also I thought that the animation was restricted to the lock screen?

no the animation is on the desktop screen as well.

• Reply 59 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GadgetCanadaV2 View Post

Such an ignorant post. Pulling untrue statements out of your a$$.

He's never seen either phone because he owns shamsung.:D   Got to earn that shill money.

• Reply 60 of 69

For those discussing whether or not the iPhone boxes have the iPhones displaying background art on the phones here are my boxes.

Clearly you can see the 3G is the only one that did not have a background displayed on the iPhone.

Never owned a 3GS so I could not say without looking it up.