Apple may differentiate 'iPhone 5S' fingerprint scanning home button with silver ring [u]

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    Is it me or do I see the Siri animation in iOS 7 possibly resembling this "silver ring" around the home button???!!!????!!! [IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/30961/width/200/height/400[/IMG]
  • Reply 62 of 69
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    HOLY OMFG & STUFF!! A silver outline!!!!
  • Reply 63 of 69
    What about the other versions of colors?
  • Reply 64 of 69
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post

no the animation is on the desktop screen as well.

Thanks, so what it the file format, Animated GIF?

• Reply 65 of 69
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Does anyone else hear Burl Ives?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY-XDQN6ipE

are we going to the land of misfit toys?

• Reply 66 of 69

Here's a mockup I did for fun using Photoshop, based on a theory that the ring might glow (blue?) when it's activated :

• Reply 67 of 69
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    rogifan wrote: »
    You mean silver and white? I'm not aware of any iPhone where the front of the phone is/will be gold.

He means will the gold/white iPhone have a silver ring? I suspect yes given the picture of the black/slate iPhone.
  • Reply 68 of 69
    Glad to see someone thinking sensibly in here (tallest skil). Also look at the Page Indicators in the image. blatantly fake! They only appear when you have another page of apps...
  • Reply 69 of 69
    Originally Posted by Linx View Post

Also look at the Page Indicators in the image. blatantly fake! They only appear when you have another page of apps...

Ah, iOS 7 apparently does that on its own. Not sure why, since you're completely right about implementation and how it has worked (and should work), but it does. 

Anyone using an iOS beta; can you shine light on that?

I'm starting to think it might be real, if only to showcase the new icons. I think that's pretty stupid, showing off a view of the OS that absolutely no one will ever see, but…