Photo of alleged 'iPhone 5S' user guide reveals 'Touch ID sensor' home button

Comments

• Reply 61 of 81
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    ascii wrote: »
    Ooh... now that is a good name.

Solid Gold.
    Goldmember.
    Pinot Grigio iPhone- because the French wouldn't sell but the Italians would.
  • Reply 62 of 81
    Quote:

Originally Posted by macart View Post

The champagne iPhone will be "Goldfinger," Apple bought the rights to it from Ian Fleming, they also bought "Pussy Galore. " I believe "Pussies Galore" will be used in marketing towards all other phones!

You might be interest to know that Erno Goldfinger was a Hungarian architect. He's built some real Brutalist corkers in London! Well worth a look.

• Reply 63 of 81

I think the fingerprint sensor is in Apple's sweet spot of taking long sought after technology and making it work for a user. Let's hope they hit a home run with it.

• Reply 64 of 81
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

If you don't like the 5C packing- it's because it isn't marketed to you.

I can agree to that. Maybe it is just me. 

• Reply 65 of 81
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Everything. Tell us what we "know". How much RAM? What processor? How about the cameras? Maybe the size and weight. How about other hardware and software features? What telephony chip is it using?

Now prove you know any of that. We know THAT there will be a new iPhone.

Correct. We could have certain unmentionable display technologies and not know anything about it at this point, secrecy having been doubled down upon and all. (Nice syntax, eh?)
    Then why have I liked the packaging for every single Apple product since Steve came back except for this one?

Packaging that will not fly in Columbus will in Shanghai be humongous.
  • Reply 66 of 81
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Then why have I liked the packaging for every single Apple product since Steve came back except for this one?
    You liked the 2012 Pink iPod nano packaging? If so- then how can you not like this. They're identical.
  • Reply 67 of 81
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    gazoobee wrote: »
    Nah, then you'd have people talk about "fingering" their iPhones.

Fingering the iPhone will make it vibrate and wake up Siri,

I look forward to all the new apps that will incorporate this new technology.
  • Reply 68 of 81
    Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Packaging that will not fly in Columbus will in Shanghai be humungous.

Nice almost rhyme, but that doesn't in itself convince me.

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

You liked the 2012 Pink iPod nano packaging? If so- then how can you not like this. They're identical.

That wallpaper is what kills it. The phone is color, right? Then that should be the only color on the packaging. 

• Reply 69 of 81
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Packaging that will not fly in Columbus will in Shanghai be humongous.

The Chinese want the same good quality products as anyone else. They won't be amused by "Look, we made this cheap one for you while the rest of us continue to use the normal iPhone."

• Reply 70 of 81
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

The Chinese want the same good quality products as anyone else. They won't be amused by "Look, we made this cheap one for you while the rest of us continue to use the normal iPhone."

Why? All of their domestic companies makes cheap crap, stolen directly from the real products made elsewhere (or FOR elsewhere) and the citizens snap it right up.

• Reply 71 of 81
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why? All of their domestic companies makes cheap crap, stolen directly from the real products made elsewhere (or FOR elsewhere) and the citizens snap it right up.

The "stolen directly" is the the point. A lot of these products are knock offs, designed to look like expensive brands, even if they aren't.

Apple had the right strategy: make a cheaper phone for Asia. But they had (er, will have) the wrong tactics. They should have made the iPhone 5C as visually indistinguishable as possible from the 5S, while still being cheaper. People are very aspirational and image conscious in Asia, they want to be seen to have the best. These ones are brightly, obviously, from across the room, the "cheap model."

Since Tim Cook is responsible for strategy, and his minions are responsible for tactics, Tim has not stuffed up here, but someone has.

• Reply 72 of 81
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    That wallpaper is what kills it. The phone is color, right? Then that should be the only color on the packaging. 
    That's my point- the wallpaper on the 2012 Nanos were the same color as the products. Green for green and pink for pink
  • Reply 73 of 81
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

Just noticed the event invitation has a few silver (well, gray) rings amidst the filled colored dots.

Well spotted.

Every colored "dot" has a ring, actually. So there is a possibility that the white dot with the silver ring represents a white/silver phone. I must admit, however, that I like the implication of the Touch ID ring better.

• Reply 74 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

The "stolen directly" is the the point. A lot of these products are knock offs, designed to look like expensive brands, even if they aren't.

Apple had the right strategy: make a cheaper phone for Asia. But they had (er, will have) the wrong tactics. They should have made the iPhone 5C as visually indistinguishable as possible from the 5S, while still being cheaper. People are very aspirational and image conscious in Asia, they want to be seen to have the best. These ones are brightly, obviously, from across the room, the "cheap model."

Since Tim Cook is responsible for strategy, and his minions are responsible for tactics, Tim has not stuffed up here, but someone has.

Arguably, Apple has been implementing *your* tactics for some time now. While far from a failure, it hasn't led to a hockey stick growth curve.

• Reply 75 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Wow the stock is selling off already...I imagine by the end of the day the stock will be down 3-5%. No matter what they announce, even if its what everyone expected the stock will tank.

Hasn't that been the norm on every event day?

• Reply 76 of 81
    Well the German press is stiffly giving the iPhone Launch the finger of one kind or another. Any wonder iPhone has only ~17% adoption here in Germany?*

[URL=http://www.focus.de/finanzen/news/unternehmen/goldgrube-smartphone-apple-kassiert-gross-ab-mindestens-240-euro-gewinn-mit-jedem-verkauften-iphone-5_aid_1096232.html]Original: Goldgrube Smartphone - Apple kassiert groß ab – mindestens 240 Euro Gewinn mit jedem verkauften iPhone 5[/URL]

Translated by our "Don't Do Evil" nemesis: [URL=http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.focus.de/finanzen/news/unternehmen/goldgrube-smartphone-apple-kassiert-gross-ab-mindestens-240-euro-gewinn-mit-jedem-verkauften-iphone-5_aid_1096232.html]Goldmine Smartphone - Apple collects Big Time - at least 240 Euro profit with every sold iPhone 5[/URL]

* Sorry... not really on topic.... but it burns me up none the less! :devil: - Sharing The Rage!
  • Reply 77 of 81
  • Reply 78 of 81

Next time I think Apple must not make a public event at all. Just record a video presentation at the web homepage showing every new product and refresh the d*mn store and web site with all the new things. I think then we will be really surprised with all the new stuff.

All these crazy leaks are really a big turn down.

• Reply 79 of 81

I see that iPhone 5C packaging and I think more that Apple will ditch the iPod Touch and substitute it with the 5C with a starting price of $299. Don't know if they are going to do it just today, but I'm pretty sure that the real plan.

The Touch is a product that every year makes less sense. It also have a very low resale. In fact, it is very difficult to resale. I have a 64GB and a 32GB my wife, both 4th Gen, and months have passed and we have been unable to sell them at a reasonable price, all the people say they prefer to buy an iPhone or an Android, and the very first reason they give is that it doesn't have 3G, not even that it isn't a phone. So, we prefer to keep them until they die because we could give them to our kids to play and as a music player for the house. I will not sell them at $100. It is a very lost investment. 

• Reply 80 of 81
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

If you'd shut up for a few seconds, you'd see how stupid a statement that is. User guides have always looked like this. Get over the fact that I don't take every single idiotic rumor as fact and at mere face value.

You want me to "shut up for a few seconds"? What's my posting ratio here, compared to yours? Do you even listen to yourself?

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware of your disgusting level of blatant deceit, or if you aren't. And I'm not sure which would be worse. The fact that you consistent attack others, calling them "morons" "idiots" "incredibly stupid" etc for having the nerve to believe something that ultimately turns out to be true- time and time again- is tantamount to " Get over the fact that I don't take every single idiotic rumor as fact and at mere face value"? 

It's stunning how much of a coward you are, and how you don't respect yourself enough to hold yourself accountable for what you say, twisting things after the fact in such incredibly grotesque ways. Having an ounce of honesty, an ounce of humility, or integrity, and stepping back once in a while to admit that you were wrong (especially when you're so self-righteous and aggressive about being right) would go along way to improving people's opinion of you. But I'm sure you couldn't care less about that. From what you've stated before, you're incredibly unhappy in real life, and if your attitude is anything like it is online, you would do yourself some favors to work on that, so that other people might actually be able to stand you. This has nothing to do with Apple, and everything to do with the consistent level of dishonesty and disrespect you show to everyone here. People who are consistently right can maybe be excused for their hubris and confidence, but not people like you, who are consistently and epically wrong, time and time again, yet learn nothing from it.