Samsung accused of stealing product designs from appliance maker Dyson

Comments

• Reply 21 of 74
    pooch wrote: »
    an article headline about samsung stealing from dyson. with 132 words about samsung stealing from dyson. and 167 words about samsung stealing from apple. so, what was the article really about?
    Samsung stealing.
  • Reply 22 of 74

Was going to say it looks pretty good, but only because if a Dyson and a black iPhone 5 went drinking together, this would be their lovechild.

• Reply 23 of 74
    pooch wrote: »
    an article headline about samsung stealing from dyson. with 132 words about samsung stealing from dyson. and 167 words about samsung stealing from apple. so, what was the article really about?

Um...Samsung stealing?
  • Reply 24 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

It's about how Samsung has a history of stealing from damn near everybody.

Samsung = zero innovation, and no, releasing ever bigger screens does not qualify as innovating.

• Reply 25 of 74
    It shows just how little there is to talk about w.r.t. Apple, when you need to talk about an obscure patent suit involving a distant unit of a truly huge company like Samsung.
  • Reply 26 of 74
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

I'll keep buying Dyson, thanks Samsung. :)

• Reply 27 of 74

Too bad Samsung doesn't make copy machines.  Oh wait, they do?  DAMN YOU SAMSUNG!!!

• Reply 28 of 74
    Before we all make any rash judgements I think we should wait for the dust to settle.
  • Reply 29 of 74
    (Sorry - I'll stop now!)
  • Reply 30 of 74

Samsung recently hired Pranav Mistry to head there research division.

That's one sign, showing they are trying to get some innovation happen. This however we'll have to wait and see in there future products, if they'll end up having some of that Sixth Sense tech.

I think quite frankly the guys at Samsung are now prolly getting tired themselves of copying stuff.

Back in the early days when there was no Internet , they get around with stuff like this and the public never knew about it.

Today they are tarnishing there image (if they have any) , with every such incident.

In short ShameSung You Suck !!!

• Reply 31 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ceek74 View Post

Too bad Samsung doesn't make copy machines.  Oh wait, they do?  DAMN YOU SAMSUNG!!!

Probably copied from Xerox ;)

• Reply 32 of 74

Samsung should be shut down. This corporate thief must be stopped!

• Reply 33 of 74

Well, I'm sure Samsung is already gear up to file a FRAND patent law suit to against Dyson for making vacuum with brush !!

• Reply 34 of 74
    Ha. Remember when Samsung cloned an old BlackBerry... and called it the BlackJack? They don't even TRY to hide their habits!
  • Reply 35 of 74
    Wow!! I that was a Dyson until I noticed the samsung name. By the time this is settled samsung will have made more money and the punishment will be negligible. They need to be fined billions before they change.
  • Reply 36 of 74
    I'm surprised iRobot hasn't done the same with the Roomba:
    http://www.samsung.com/ie/consumer/home-appliances/vacuum-cleaner/robot
  • Reply 37 of 74
    Originally Posted by rcoleman1 View Post

OMG...Again. Will someone please give Samsung some original ideas! SMH

That's the problem: every company already is. They're just not giving willingly.

Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

Samsung. Stealing. :\:???:

• Reply 38 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rcoleman1 View Post

OMG...Again. Will someone please give Samsung some original ideas! SMH

If you give it to them, it will not be original!

• Reply 39 of 74

Can't wait to see Samsung's wrist-worn vacuum cleaner in a few months.

• Reply 40 of 74
    Well, good luck to Dyson too if they decide to suit Samsung for stealing their hardworking patented design, the British court will eventually order Dyson to make their headline apologise to Samsung on Newspapers, there goes justice!