Apple announces iPhone 5s: Touch ID fingerprint security, 64-bit A7 CPU, new gold option coming Sept

Comments

• Reply 21 of 298
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Now if only iLife was 64-bit.

I'm sure that's around the corner.  They had to redo all of their higher end apps first, since those users are a little more demanding.  It wouldn't surprise me if they release 64 bit versions of iWork later this year or beginning of next year.

• Reply 22 of 298

My iPhone 5S was stolen...

• Reply 23 of 298
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    How long before we hear from all the usual shills that Apple isn't innovating any more because this phone looks just like the last one (except for one new color)? I can already hear it "The only innovation Apple is capable of is adding a new color".

I'm guessing we'll hear that within an hour.
  • Reply 24 of 298
    Originally Posted by davida View Post

My iPhone 5S was stolen...

Good thing that doesn't work.

• Reply 25 of 298
    Quote:

Shut up and go away.

You first troll. 

• Reply 26 of 298

As expected, nothing new expect some minor spec improvements (but the consensus here is that specs don't matter anyway) and a oh-so-innovative finger print scanner (only too bad, Sony did that first).

Clearly Apple is out of ideas.

No wonder AAPL is floundering...

• Reply 27 of 298
    Originally Posted by msalganik

You first troll. 

Right, because the moron who says Apple has done absolutely no innovation in this new iPhone is right and the people who are fed up with those idiots are trolls.

Get out.

• Reply 28 of 298
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    So there is a gold finish version of the new iPhone tallest skill. The 64 bit A7 and OS capabilities are quite impressive.
  • Reply 29 of 298

I like what I see with the 5S but 199 for 16gb? I really thought they would finally bump up the memory on all of these (32gb/199; 64gb/299, etc).... kinda bummed about that. Will def be getting one for the wife though... my phone however doesn't become eligible for upgrade until April so I might as well wait for the 6  (still get to play with iOS7 in the mean time) :D

• Reply 30 of 298

Sad that there's no mention of release date for Mavericks.

• Reply 31 of 298
    Quote:

Right, because the moron who says Apple has done absolutely no innovation in this new iPhone is right and the people who are fed up with those idiots are trolls.

Get out.

Do as the nice gentlemen said, and piss off, troll.

• Reply 32 of 298
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Interesting to see no 128 GB option.

However, I'm sure we'll all live.
  • Reply 33 of 298
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CrustyMcLovin View Post

Don't worry, that will be the next "innovation" for the iPhone 6.

Don't you have a Dyson to steal?

• Reply 34 of 298
    Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Top Gun reference?

• Reply 35 of 298
    Quote:

Get out.

you are consistently the nastiest bastard on this forum... its otherwise a really nice place, except for your barking and snarling at anyone who is anything other than ecstatic about everything that Apple does  ... people like you stifle actual discussion on forums like this so either get a muzzle or perhaps change prescriptions. 

• Reply 36 of 298
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

iPhone event, not Mac event. The only real surprise was no short mention of new iPods.

• Reply 37 of 298

I am very underwhelmed.

Mostly because of the price points. Everything seems to be $100 too expensive. 

The 5C should have been 16GB for $0 on contract (or $399 off) and the 5S should have started at 32GB, not 16GB. 

And the 4S should have been axed. Are they at least updating it to Lightning?

• Reply 38 of 298

So, no preorders for iPhone 5S? Only 5C?

• Reply 39 of 298

AAPL down ~1%.

will it go lower, or manage to recover and at least stay even for the day?

Steve Jobs is dead!

• Reply 40 of 298
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

I am very underwhelmed.

Mostly because of the price points. Everything seems to be $100 too expensive. 

The 5C should have been 16GB for $0 on contract (or $399 off) and the 5S should have started at 32GB, not 16GB. 

And the 4S should have been axed. Are they at least updating it to Lightning?

Told you so....