Way Beyond Airport...?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/23/technology/ebusiness/23WHEE.html"; target="_blank">A New York Times article involving Steve Wozniak's startup satellite communications company...</a>

Wonder if Woz and our Steve are going to be hooking up soon for something special...

I think I remember reading some stuff on these boards about a massive wireless internet strategy that Apple could have a hand in. Could this be a clue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by ASexySexyMan:

<strong><a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/23/technology/ebusiness/23WHEE.html"; target="_blank">A New York Times article involving Steve Wozniak's startup satellite communications company...</a>

Wonder if Woz and our Steve are going to be hooking up soon for something special...

I think I remember reading some stuff on these boards about a massive wireless internet strategy that Apple could have a hand in. Could this be a clue?</strong><hr></blockquote>

is it that "hiptop" thing from danger.com? looks nice...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    My guess for Wheels of Zeus? They stole an idea from me. The article says it is a novel way of using GPS. Imagine jumping on a Segway and selecting a destination on an onboard computer. The Segway then automatically drives you there. You can steer around obstacles, or pause when needed, but the scooter still gets you there in the end.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by murk:

<strong>My guess for Wheels of Zeus? They stole an idea from me. The article says it is a novel way of using GPS. Imagine jumping on a Segway and selecting a destination on an onboard computer. The Segway then automatically drives you there. You can steer around obstacles, or pause when needed, but the scooter still gets you there in the end.</strong><hr></blockquote>

BMW is doing that with their navigation system. They're even talking about things like turning your headlights when they know a curve is coming.