Samsung accused of stealing product designs from appliance maker Dyson

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 74
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    pooch wrote: »
    an article headline about samsung stealing from dyson. with 132 words about samsung stealing from dyson. and 167 words about samsung stealing from apple. so, what was the article really about?

It was about Samsung stealing, Again.
  • Reply 62 of 74
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

Blatant, shameless, and getting to be the norm. Have they no conscience?

Samsung got nailed for price fixing, you would think they would learn.  Then they got nailed a second time with a different component.  Heck, if you look at their entire product line they copy other companies designs all of the time.  They do it with their appliance divisions as well.   It's just a matter of if anyone is going to say anything or not.

Conscience? What's that?  Obviously, they do it until they are told it's not OK, it's, I hate to say it, fairly common practice amongst Asian based companies.  Some companies are getting better about it and actually trying to do something original.

Look at what Asian based companies were and still are to some extent with Gibson, Fender and other well known classic designs in the musical instrument industry.  First, guys like Ibanez, Fernandes, and others were blatantly copying famous guitars that were classic designs, then the law suits started flying.  Now, it's these hole in the wall Chinese companies are doing the same thing only worse.  Some are actually putting the name Gibson on the actual instrument.   Here's a link to one YouTube video.    It's kind of funny how the guy in the video explains the difference between a real one and a copy.  He's funny.

Even some US guitar mfg do the same thing, but they do some slight changes to not get sued over.   Some actually make nice product, some don't.

It's buyer beware.

• Reply 63 of 74
    What a suprise, who would possible expect this from Samsung? :-D
  • Reply 64 of 74
    What's even funnier is the "pre-iPhone smartphones" - one looks like the motorola, other looks like the blackberry pearl, still others look like the palm treo. They've been doing it forever...
  • Reply 65 of 74

Samsung would have had no shame but they have stolen that too.

What a disgusting company — the worst in the world by a good margin.

• Reply 66 of 74
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

Astounding.

They didn't even change the shape one iota ....

:no:

• Reply 67 of 74

Hyundai has the same problem. All of their newer cars either look like a Benz, VW, or Nissan Z. I'm sure Kia is copying American design, just haven't paid attention yet.

• Reply 68 of 74
    Hmmm. I suppose AI has this article posted up because Apple is about to announce their new vacuum? No?

So it's irrelevant? That's no surprise.
  • Reply 69 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

an article headline about samsung stealing from dyson. with 132 words about samsung stealing from dyson. and 167 words about samsung stealing from apple. so, what was the article really about?

Exactly. Irrelevant. AI has lost its touch over the years. 

• Reply 70 of 74
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack99 View Post

Exactly. Irrelevant. AI has lost its touch over the years. 

It's completely relevant. An Apple competitor, whom Apple sued for stealing product designs, is being sued for the same thing by another company.

They did it to Sony and Sharp. They did it to Motorola, Palm and Blackberry. They did it to Dyson and lost already. They did it to Apple and are losing in the courts. And now they've tried to do it again to Dyson. Samsung's "business model" is being laid bare for all to see.

• Reply 71 of 74
    How do you fight the shameless theft Samesung perpetuates? Stop buying their shit. I for one have halted all purchases of Samsung products at my company's division (I'm in IT). Lawyers are useless. The power of the purse decides all matters these days, including morality. Since Samsung obviously has little or no morality, they won't do the right thing, but you can exercise your moral objection with your wallet - something they will (eventually) understand. Spread the word.
  • Reply 73 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mytdave View Post

How do you fight the shameless theft Samesung perpetuates? Stop buying their shit. I for one have halted all purchases of Samsung products at my company's division (I'm in IT). Lawyers are useless. The power of the purse decides all matters these days, including morality. Since Samsung obviously has little or no morality, they won't do the right thing, but you can exercise your moral objection with your wallet - something they will (eventually) understand. Spread the word.

I totally agree, I have never bought a Samsung product, they were just not on my radar. But now they are as someone to avoid at all costs. People who don't care about ripoffs and only care about how cheaply they can get a product will continue to support them unfortunately.