First look: Apple's new iPhone 5s and 5c

Comments

• Reply 41 of 246
    Quote:

Originally Posted by John Oi View Post

Air gesture.

LOL! Innovative typically means something is useful and actually works.

• Reply 42 of 246
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Really? Didn't realize Sammy invented it. Oh wait.

And Apple's burst mode is probably infinitely more usable.

How do you know? Have you tried Samsung Galaxy's Burst mode? Stop making assumptions.

• Reply 43 of 246
    Quote:

Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post

LOL! Innovative typically means something is useful and actually works.

Uh... air gesture works fine for me?

• Reply 44 of 246
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by williamlondon View Post

And what I think is the average consumer thinks in the exact opposite way -> "who in the world would spend double the price on the same phone except someone who has more money than sense, more pretensions than humility?" Save the $100 and get the same phone, spend it on a larger display for better reality TV show viewing and enjoyment.

You're talking about contract prices, and locked phones.

Does the average consumer realize how much that two year contract will be costing them in total? 

Does it make a difference if somebody spends let's say $1800 for lowest model or $1900 for premium model over two years? I don't think that it's accurate to say that somebody is spending double when getting a 5s. Unlocked prices are what should be compared, and there's very little difference between $550 and $650.

• Reply 45 of 246

You're absolutely killing me. I'm not disagreeing that Samsung may have invented Air Gesture. I'm trying to imagine you holding away your phone and waving your hand at the screen when your fingers are much more precise. 

• Reply 46 of 246
    reviloa wrote: »
    ...the iphone C lettering is covered by the iphone case.

…I will be upgrading to the iphone S partly because of this reason!!

Didn't realize people cared that much about the tiny lettering on the back... I mean, your friends don't need the word 'iPhone' to know you're carrying one and that you're super duper cool...
  • Reply 47 of 246
    blackbook wrote: »
    Everything looks great. If only the 5C were $100 cheaper or maybe had a 8GB model for $450

And why should I give up the A7 and finger print thing features plus a beautiful gold aluminum casing with only 100 bucks just to get that plastic minus it features?
  • Reply 48 of 246
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John Oi View Post

Uh... air gesture works fine for me?

actually works = actually useful. You look just as retarded waving at a phone as using an iPad to take photos of yourself in the mirror. 

• Reply 49 of 246
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ziadjk View Post

Didn't realize people cared that much about the tiny lettering on the back... I mean, your friends don't need the word 'iPhone' to know you're carrying one and that you're super duper cool...

Yeah, I've never understood the cases that specifically cut out the section over the Apple logo. Are people really that vain? I have a normal case on my iPhone that covers the entire back minus the camera. As you said, anyone who looks will know what it is without me having to vainly flash around the Apple logo to the world. It's a phone not a fashion accessory.

• Reply 50 of 246
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blueeddie View Post

actually works = actually useful. You look just as retarded waving at a phone as using an iPad to take photos of yourself in the mirror. 

Who does that?.... I use air-gesture when I quickly want to check if there are any messages/calls that I've missed when the screen is black by waving my hand at a phone. Ofc, I wouldn't do that if I was standing still and doing nothing. Why not use it when you are doing something else and you just need to check something quickly without actually touching the phone? Ex: When you are studying.

• Reply 51 of 246

Excuse me, but aren't you the same person who goes crazy when Samsung releases something similar when Apple released one beforehand? Same logic here.

No, not really. If you weren't a troll, you'd care enough to get it right.

Originally Posted by blueeddie View Post
    You're biting the bait. Seeing that he recently registered, let him talk and have him move on.

"Nip it in the BUD, Andy! Nip it!"

Btw, can I say how impressed and in love I am with the new "grey" 5S? Its.... I'm... speechless. 

Indeed.

Only thing Apple's good at is designing things(Does damn good job at it too). However, Apple is completely dependent on other companies to produce and manufacture their products, which can lead backlash against them in the future(Ex: Samsung)

Both statements are completely false.

And this proves what?

Why not use it when you are doing something else and you just need to check something quickly without actually touching the phone? Ex: When you are studying.

If you're studying, you've no business on your phone at all save to look up information relevant to what you're doing. Air gesture or whatever is horrifically contrived. 

• Reply 52 of 246
    Quote:

Why not use it when you are doing something else and you just need to check something quickly without actually touching the phone? Ex: When you are studying.

Because touching the screen requires a minuscule amount of effort to do so?

• Reply 53 of 246
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    Who is this phone targeting, and who wouldn't spend $100 more to get the premium model, with faster processor, Touch ID, better camera etc.?

Apple has typically had 3 levels:

Good - two generations ago
    Better - one generation ago - $100 more than Good
    Best - newest generation - $200 more than Good

As of yesterday, Good was iPhone 4, Better was 4S, and Best was 5.

As their usual practice, when they released the iPhone 5S, the previous Good disappeared, the previous Better became Good and the previous Best became Better.

The only thing that happened differently this time is that when the iPhone 5 dropped from 'Best' to 'Better', it got a new case in lots of different colors. Other than that, everything is the same way they've done it for several generations.

Who would go for the $100 savings? I don't know, but the 'Good' and 'Better' phones have always done quite well. In fact, for some time, Apple's 3 phones were the top 3 phones from ANY vendor on the market - so the 'Good' and 'Better' phones outsold every other phone. I don't think that's any longer the case, but they still sell very well.
  • Reply 54 of 246
    john oi wrote: »
    LOL. Did Apple really copy Samsung Galaxy's burst mode?.... Wow.

Haha, you think Samsung pioneered That! You crazy boi
  • Reply 55 of 246
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, not really. If you weren't a troll, you'd care enough to get it right.

"Nip it in the BUD, Andy! Nip it!"

Indeed.

Both statements are completely false.

And this proves what?

If you're studying, you've no business on your phone at all save to look up information relevant to what you're doing. Air gesture or whatever is horrifically contrived. 

Can Apple produce and manufacture their own products? No. Do they have the capacity to do it? No. Do they have factories and state-of-art machines to make such high-tech components? No.

• Reply 56 of 246
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member

Oh no - Apple is not innovation - they just copied features that everyone else has had for years.

I won't buy an iPhone because the screen isn't as big as the S4 and the battery is not removable and, and, and...

Seriously though does it strike anyone else as odd that all the whiners are claiming that Apple is not being innovative because someone else had a feature that sounds the same on paper while complaining that Apple did NOT copy their favorite feature from some other phone? There is literally no way to please such people. 

And the comments along the lines of oh no better flush the Apple stock - is this the first time you have ever experienced and Apple product announcement? Puh-lease.

And why all the vitriol anyway? you are 100% entitled to your opinion and to spend your money how you see fit - but why do you feel compelled to trash something and use foul language based on a few photos online and some reports from people who are closer to the actual product? Seriously, have you not experienced an Apple product being announced to major disappointment or head scratching and scathing reviews (like maybe iPod, the original iPhone, the iPad) only to later find out that it is in fact a very nice product that ends up revolutionizing the industry? News Flash - not every single thing that Apple releases (hardware or software) is going to utterly change the world and the way technology is used - get used to it. 

Oh no, now I'm a sheeple or have drunk the Apple Juice (I thought it was kool-aid). Or maybe I have been a user of technology for some 30 years now and have spent the last 20 or so fixing and repairing all manner of electronical devices and for me when all things are considered, Apple products are the clear winner and not because some else tells me so and not the result of marketing or brainwashing but rather as the culmination of personal experience. 

Yes put me down for at least one iPhone 5S to replace my 4S which is eligible for upgrade - just need to figure out what to do with the four iPhone 4 units and the iPhone 3GS that are currently on my plan - all of which are eligible for upgrades. The wife kinda likes the new color - but for me the extra horsepower and features of the 5S are clearly the way to go. 

• Reply 57 of 246

If you guys really think iPhone is the BEST phone for everyone, you guys are dumb... iPhone is a great phone no doubt. HOWEVER, it's not for everyone. I, myself, as a person who browses more than 100 webs everyday on my phone, don't want a screen that is SO tiny. You guys oftentimes bring up this "It won't fit in my pocket!", well guess what? It fits into every packets that I've put in so far. 

• Reply 58 of 246

Can Apple produce and manufacture their own products? No. Do they have the capacity to do it? No. Do they have factories and state-of-art machines to make such high-tech components? No.

You're sure? Positive?

Originally Posted by John Oi View Post

If you guys really think iPhone is the BEST phone for everyone, you guys are dumb...

Couldn't you have just said this in your first post so we could ban you right then? Saves us a lot of trouble.

I, myself, as a person who browses more than 100 webs everyday…

At least your pathetic nonsense is funny.

• Reply 59 of 246

I am very positive, however, there's always a chance that I might be wrong. You can't always be right you know... Even you.

• Reply 60 of 246
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You're sure? Positive?

Couldn't you have just said this in your first post so we could ban you right then? Saves us a lot of trouble.

At least your pathetic nonsense is funny.

How is it funny? Please tell me.