First look: Apple's new iPhone 5s and 5c

Comments

• Reply 61 of 246
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Hmm...I think it's time we stop feeding the troll.
  • Reply 62 of 246
    Quote:

Originally Posted by John Oi View Post

Who does that?.... I use air-gesture when I quickly want to check if there are any messages/calls that I've missed when the screen is black by waving my hand at a phone. Ofc, I wouldn't do that if I was standing still and doing nothing. Why not use it when you are doing something else and you just need to check something quickly without actually touching the phone? Ex: When you are studying.

Apple's focus has always been about improving the user experience.

Explain how air gesture is innovative? Innovation would be when something is improved in such a way that it changes how people intuitively do things. Air gesture, other than being "touch less" doesn't improve functionality significantly. You can do the same things that air gesture allow for using non-air features with essentially the same ease. Tactile response is generally preferred - and yes, that includes the iPhone/iPad's virtual keyboard.

Air gesture is more a gimmick than anything. 

• Reply 63 of 246
    nowadays, cut throat competition from Samsung is what really drives Apple's forward thinking
  • Reply 64 of 246
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I guess anyone who does not "like" iPhone or Apple are trolls on this website? (I know I acted like a troll at first, but c'mon.)

• Reply 65 of 246
    I think you guys are over thinking it. There are still tons of people that are still buying the 4s, even though the 5 is out and the 5s will be out. Maybe that is Apple's target audience, the people who just want a iPhone just to want it; not for the specs.

My mom just bought an iPhone 4S, even though she had an option for the 5, wait a month for the 5s. She didn't care, she just wanted an iPhone.

Plus, in China, w/ their keynote tomorrow, the pricing can be drastically different from the US prices.
  • Reply 66 of 246
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Rather, they should just be banned immediately to save us all the trouble.

I guess anyone who does not "like" iPhone or Apple are trolls on this website? (I know I acted like a troll at first, but c'mon.)

You have no reason to be here otherwise. Thanks for admitting to breaking the rules, by the way.

• Reply 67 of 246
    Quote:

If you guys really think iPhone is the BEST phone for everyone, you guys are dumb... iPhone is a great phone no doubt. HOWEVER, it's not for everyone. I, myself, as a person who browses more than 100 webs everyday on my phone, don't want a screen that is SO tiny. You guys oftentimes bring up this "It won't fit in my pocket!", well guess what? It fits into every packets that I've put in so far. 

And nobody is saying that. However, when you come to a web site designed for Apple enthusiasts and post mundane critiques to stir the pot, you are going to get pushback from people.

Anyway, school is back in session. Don't you have homework to do young man?

• Reply 68 of 246

Your welcome! :) At least I'm honest.

• Reply 69 of 246
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dragit View Post

'it didn't feel "cheap" or "plasticky"' no i would hope not as it isn't cheap by any means.

This is the most disappointing release has made in a very long time IMO. They seem to have completely missed the point of "affordable".

They needed to make a phone for half the price of the current iphone, not 10% less... gives a sheet.

$99 is not 10% less than $199.

• Reply 70 of 246
    Quote:

Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post

And nobody is saying that. However, when you come to a web site designed for Apple enthusiasts and post mundane critiques to stir the pot, you are going to get pushback from people.

Anyway, school is back in session. Don't you have homework to do young man?

I am pretty sure Tallest Skil thinks that iPhone is the best phone out there. And nope! :) 

• Reply 71 of 246
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Who is this phone targeting, and who wouldn't spend $100 more to get the premium model, with faster processor, Touch ID, better camera etc.?

I happen to think that the 5C looks decent, for a plastic phone, I just think that Apple now has introduced a new model of iPhone that is priced almost the same as the premium model. $100 difference is nothing.

Totally agree, I wanted to get the 5C, but dat price! Sad sack pieces of sh*t Apple! (endearingly) ... Tsk, might as well get the 5S, better value hands down, I like the 5C design a lot more, it looks fun and rugged.

• Reply 72 of 246
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Not a single positive comment. Now where have I seen this before? Oh yes, HERE! By that measure alone I pretty much guarantee the iPhone 5c will be a runaway hit. 

(lesson: geeks struggle to see beyond specs)

• Reply 73 of 246
    Quote:

I am pretty sure Tallest Skil thinks that iPhone is the best phone out there. And nope! :) 

And he's entitled to think that. It's an opinion. His opinion's do not have to match yours. You are seriously here to just start trouble. As a Nexus owner I'm ashamed you're part of the Android community. You make us all look bad when you act like this. There is nothing wrong with the iPhone and iOS. It's a great platform, and Apple does amazing things. So does Google and it's hardware partners. There is enough room in this world for both.

• Reply 74 of 246
    john oi wrote: »
    LOL. Did Apple really copy Samsung Galaxy's burst mode?.... Wow.

I feel like there are a conspicuously large amount of haters today. Could be a part of a Microsoft campaign, they use every marketing tactic in book, so it's definitely possible.

And if you call that copying, you might want to mention that Samsung copied canon and Nikon.

Btw, I'm really impressed with apples offering this time around. Solid entries, great new features - wish I wasn't under contract..
  • Reply 75 of 246
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Not a single positive comment. Now where have I seen this before? Oh yes, HERE! By that measure alone I pretty much guarantee the iPhone 5c will be a runaway hit. 

(lesson: geeks struggle to see beyond specs)

I really like what they're doing with the 5C. The colors are neat. I sort of want a yellow one with the black case for the juxtaposition of colors. I'm also really excited to see how the new camera stuff helps mobile photographers. I'm also very sad that people feel the need to just yell at how one company is better than the other.

• Reply 76 of 246

I dislike recent hardware design choices, from last year's iPods to today's iPhones. Granted, I'm not the target demographic (I'm not China), but they look... ugly, and compromised to me.

Not saying that I could do, or that competitors have done, better. Just saying "ick".

• Reply 77 of 246
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Odysseus1923 View Post

Is that really it? What the hell are they doing apart from shedding a load from shareholders. WAKE UP...

It is very common for the stock to drop on 'new' after a run up on 'rumor'.  It will go back up.

I heard some financial analyst on the radio this morning talking about what he expected Apple to announce.  Given the amount of leaks, I thought everyone knew what would be announced short of the price.  However, he was still predicting bigger screens, possible iWatch etc.  In other words he didn't know sh*t.  This is important because all these idiots and the idiots that listen to them build up the idea of Apple surprising us with far more than has been leaked.  Hence they get disappointed by reality and some sell their stock.

• Reply 78 of 246

I think the 5C colors look better than I expected (early leaked photos had a very dull look to them).  Still, I like the 5S and even think the Bling  Phone is the best of the bunch.

• Reply 79 of 246
    arlorarlor Posts: 532member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Reviloa View Post

So.. I'm not the only one that noticed how badly the iphone C lettering is covered by the iphone case.

The lettering could have been repositioned... and 6 holes would be rounded rectangle.

We all thought Apple cared about theses little details. 

Yeah, I agree. The lettering on the phone back looks awful through those holes. If you have to have a dippy polka dotted case, at least make the lettering line up (or not show at all, as I'd prefer). 

On the other hand, I don't really get cases to begin with. So many people have these beautiful iPhones covered up in a huge-ass Otterbox. Who cares whether your phone is made of aluminum or plastic if you're going to have it covered in rubber and plastic 100% of the time?

• Reply 80 of 246
    sflocal wrote: »
    I agree.  The haters are out in full force spewing their typical propaganda nonsense and trying to seed their usual lies.  The phones are solid updates.  I'm curious how the 5C will be accepted.  I think they will sell very well.  I'm very impressed with the tech they put into the 5S.  I love my iP5 but that fingerprint sensor, nicer camera, and the A7 chip is tempting.  I'll wait for the iP6 though for now.

Good job on your flagship phone Apple.  It's sell well, and the iHaters, Fandroids, and typical basement dwellers will still continue to whine like they do at every product launch.

they will never be happy.. if the 5c is to expensive people will not buy it and get the 5s! if its to cheap then it wont have enoght margin profit and it will eat up 5a sales!!
    it dosent matter what price it has, it will always be bad... there domed..