No iPhone 5s preorder period hints at supply constraints ahead of Sept. 20 launch

Comments

• Reply 21 of 57
    What again ? Can't the motherfuckers think of new excuse ? Every year says the same .
  • Reply 22 of 57
    Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

Initially? I don't either, maybe I've something from back when I bought it, but it's a small "s" now and the Apple site uses a capitalized "S" for the 3GS...

Wait, no it isn't. Look. All S models are capitalized.

• Reply 23 of 57
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

The same for the 4s, while the 3GS was different.

I am looking at the box for the iPhone 4S that was bought at launch, and it clearly says iPhone 4S, White, 16GB.

• Reply 24 of 57

“Our customers expect the best products from Apple, and that is what we will continue to deliver,” continued the feckless man, offering a tedious, innovation-free display and a high rate of perspiration."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/apple-unveils-panicked-ideafree-man-at-launch-even,33814

• Reply 25 of 57
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOnion View Post

“Our customers expect the best products from Apple, and that is what we will continue to deliver,” continued the feckless man, offering a tedious, innovation-free display and a high rate of perspiration."

ok we all saw it - it was tres droll. now please stop flogging a weak joke

• Reply 26 of 57
    It just seems wrong that it is 5s and not 5S. The lowercase s makes it seem like a plural statement. I checked and even on Apple's own website it is lowercase.

Apple did that so people don't try to order the 55 iPhone
  • Reply 27 of 57
    philboogie wrote: »
    I believe it's a Small Cap, not lowercase.

...made me chuckle!
  • Reply 28 of 57

whatever - i bothered to arise very early one morning and line up outside the mall. The the cops showed up and said we were not allowed to line up - we had to wait in our cars. About an hour before opening time they started to allow people to start lining up. Total bollocks, people that had just arrived got to the front of the line - people who i think had waited all night didnt do too well - it was not fun - it was bollocks.

dont understand the reason you just cant simply pre-order- then patiently wait for the product.

• Reply 29 of 57

I will walk by our local store on Thursday and see if anyone is waiting, if their is a huge line then I will probably just order online and wait a few days, which is fine by me.

• Reply 30 of 57
    Well that's pretty GD ridiculous. Way to go, Tim. Weren't you supposed to be some kind of logistics genius? Why is it then that every product launch under your leadership has been a complete mess?
  • Reply 31 of 57

I wonder if the Personal Pickup option will be available on launch day?  Order it first thing in the morning or online at midnight, get it sometime late in the afternoon.  Any other option is just annoying and a dumb backwards move for Apple.

• Reply 32 of 57
    Lets see if they can top the 5's release weekend sales and which model is more popular. Which do you guys think will sell better? If the 5C were $100 cheaper still, I think its a given that would overwhelmingly be the better seller. Very aggressive pricing.
  • Reply 33 of 57
    murman wrote: »
    Lets see if they can top the 5's release weekend sales and which model is more popular. Which do you guys think will sell better? If the 5C were $100 cheaper still, I think its a given that would overwhelmingly be the better seller. Very aggressive pricing.

We won't know because Apple doesn't breakdown iPhones by model.
  • Reply 34 of 57
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Apple's iPhone 5s will launch on the same date as the iPhone 5c, but unlike the plastic-shelled handset, the 5s won't be available for preorder, leading some to believe that supplies of the high-end device may be constrained.

Or, it may mean that they'll have so many in stock that everyone who wants one will get one, so there's no need for preorders.

Or, it may mean that they'll have just as many as they had for the iPhone 5, but not quite enough to fill demand, but they didn't think the preorders prevented problems.

or any number of other reasons.

People can believe any nonsense they want. That doesn't make it true - so please stop repeating unfounded drivel.
  • Reply 35 of 57
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    dasanman69 wrote: »

Name ANY cell phone manufacturer who gives as much information on their sales as Apple.
  • Reply 36 of 57
    Actually it doesn't. It just means they want buyers to do in person. Likely so they can make sure everyone sets up iCloud, turns on find my iPhone and thus 'activation lock', sets up a passcode/fingerprint etc
  • Reply 37 of 57
    jragosta wrote: »
    Name ANY cell phone manufacturer who gives as much information on their sales as Apple.

None but that doesn't change the fact that Apple has never broken down sales by model.
  • Reply 38 of 57
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Apple did disclose how many iPhone 5 they sold in the first 24 hours and in the first 3 days of release (5 million units), I meant that kind of thing.

• Reply 39 of 57
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

Getting tired of this bullshit. I used to find these launches  exciting but now they're just a massive inconvenience. 

• Reply 40 of 57
    [SIZE=4]***Apple presentations. Not mandatory to watch***[/SIZE]