Apple to offer iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c cases, Lightning docks at launch

Comments

• Reply 41 of 63
    Originally Posted by EGlasheen View Post

Message from Apple Board: Are You F*^%ing Kidding Me!

Stop pretending you speak for anyone.

• Reply 42 of 63

I speak for myself. This is the best that Ives can do? And they fired Forrestal... If I want a BMW, I wouldn't buy a Sentra. Absolute crap!

Ed

• Reply 43 of 63
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:

I speak for myself. This is the best that Ives can do? And they fired Forrestal... If I want a BMW, I wouldn't buy a Sentra. Absolute crap!

Ed

OK, well what are your bones of contention?  For me, I want a larger screen model, which I know they are working on and it'll probably take somewhere around 4 to 6 months before we see it.  Hopefully sooner.  Aside from that, the 5s cases aren't the most attractive, but there are 3rd party cases out there.  the 5c?  I'm not a fan of the colors, but I'm sure they did a nice job on what they did do.

For a 4inch model, the 5s is the best on the market.  Obviously, everyone has their own idea of what the best screen size is and until Apple figures out what the best large screen size they can put out that meets all of their criteria, we have to wait.  Other than that, what's your beef?

You don't want Free iWork and iLife apps?  I think that was a great move.

64 bit processor?  What's wrong with that?

Improved camera?  What's wrong with that?

That M processor? What's wrong with that?

Fingerprint technology? What wrong with that?

They have decent battery life.  What's wrong with that?

What do you want or need that they don't have other than what I mentioned earlier in the post?

• Reply 44 of 63

I speak for myself.

Then don't pretend you speak for the board.

This is the best that Ives can do?

You don't have an effing clue what you're talking about.

• Reply 45 of 63
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Then don't pretend you speak for the board.

You don't have an effing clue what you're talking about.

We will see...

• Reply 46 of 63
    Quote:

Originally Posted by drblank View Post

OK, well what are your bones of contention?  For me, I want a larger screen model, which I know they are working on and it'll probably take somewhere around 4 to 6 months before we see it.  Hopefully sooner.  Aside from that, the 5s cases aren't the most attractive, but there are 3rd party cases out there.  the 5c?  I'm not a fan of the colors, but I'm sure they did a nice job on what they did do.

For a 4inch model, the 5s is the best on the market.  Obviously, everyone has their own idea of what the best screen size is and until Apple figures out what the best large screen size they can put out that meets all of their criteria, we have to wait.  Other than that, what's your beef?

You don't want Free iWork and iLife apps?  I think that was a great move.

64 bit processor?  What's wrong with that?

Improved camera?  What's wrong with that?

That M processor? What's wrong with that?

Fingerprint technology? What wrong with that?

They have decent battery life.  What's wrong with that?

What do you want or need that they don't have other than what I mentioned earlier in the post?

Really? Big deal. While 64 bit is nice, what the hell are you going to do with it? Free iWorks, that hasn't been updated in years, that doesn't work with any enterprise platform, with no iCloud collaboration. Well it should be free. Nice new upgraded camera... ok, now what?

This was the most pathetic presentation to date.

Bullshit, not up to Apple standards. Innovation? Not.

• Reply 47 of 63

We will see...

No, we've seen. You're wrong.

• Reply 48 of 63

I'm so glad the 5s dock is compatible with the 5. Nothing looks as classy as an iPhone on a dock!

• Reply 49 of 63
    How are you going to have a universal dock when all Lightning devices are different shapes and thicknesses?

Looking back at the previous docks, specific inserts.
  • Reply 50 of 63
    eglasheen wrote: »
    Are You F*^%ing Kidding Me!

• Reply 51 of 63
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    That was my initial reaction, too. But then I watched the Jony Ive video. They designed it to contrast with the polycarbonate backplate in material and color. And I think it is intended to appeal to teens. Not saying they look great to me. But, once again, there is interesting method behind the madness. 

Are holes needed for ventilation?
    Does it already have an undisclosed heating issue?
    Is that supposed to be attractive?
    I know it fashion week and all but the thing is......
  • Reply 52 of 63
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Are holes needed for ventilation?

Does it already have an undisclosed heating issue?

Is that supposed to be attractive?

I know it fashion week and all but the thing is......

It's for looks because you can still see the color/texture of the phone clashing with the color/texture of the back of the phone.  I think the intention was interesting.  I don't know if their cases are going to sell or not.  I would have just preferred if they made nice looking cases and then let the 3rd parties get creative.

• Reply 54 of 63

This wood dock (or stand) works with all Lightning iPhone models.  

wedgedock.com

Case size doesn't really matter either.  I have the Armour case.  The iPhone 5, 5S and 5C should all work.  It looks nicer and it's a better design since it won't tip... no matter how hard you press.

• Reply 55 of 63
    cire79 wrote: »
    This wood dock (or stand) works with all Lightning iPhone models.  

wedgedock.com

Case size doesn't really matter either.  I have the Armour case.  The iPhone 5, 5S and 5C should all work.  It looks nicer and it's a better design since it won't tip... no matter how hard you press.

That'll work with the 30pin connector as well.
  • Reply 56 of 63
    Thanks to Apple's inept and regressive new connector, you NEED a dock or a bulky adapter to get an audio line out. Who REMOVES the audio output on a music-playing phone? It's idiotic.

Not to mention that the new connector delivers WORSE video than the old hacked one. It's lower-resolution, and compressed to hell. Unbelievable.
  • Reply 57 of 63
    Originally Posted by OscarG 

Thanks to Apple's inept and regressive new connector

Stop lying, thanks.

…you NEED a dock or a bulky adapter to get an audio line out.

Hey, look. They make a dock for Lightning now.

Who REMOVES the audio output on a music-playing phone?

Little thing called 3.5mm jack.

Not to mention that the new connector delivers WORSE video than the old hacked one. It's lower-resolution, and compressed to hell. Unbelievable.

Seeing as that’s not true, yeah, it’s unbelievable.

• Reply 58 of 63
    oscarg wrote: »
    Thanks to Apple's inept and regressive new connector, you NEED a dock or a bulky adapter to get an audio line out. Who REMOVES the audio output on a music-playing phone? It's idiotic.

If you're gonna be an ass, at least be smart about it.
  • Reply 59 of 63
    No, we've seen. You're wrong.
  • Reply 60 of 63
    dillio wrote: »

Take a chill pill!