Samsung, others try to rain on Apple's iPhone parade with ads surrounding coverage

Comments

• Reply 21 of 70

Woah Samesong! Saw you galaxy gear event! Enough said about that.. And oh samesong, how about a commercial that iPhones do not have coffee maker feature built into it? /s.

Your innovation focus on ads could have been instead channeled on your phones!! Live long and don't prosper!

• Reply 22 of 70
    It won't matter Samsung/Google or Microsoft, your efforts are pointless. I'm sticking with Apple. Period.
  • Reply 23 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by auxio View Post

I'm noticing a significant drop in negative posts from members who just registered.  I wonder if all the one-day post spamming contracts are factored into Samsung's marketing budget?  Though I'd imagine it's pretty cheap to hire basement dwellers who already spend all their time posting angry nonsense to channel their anger into one topic for a day.

Actually it's because the link doesn't work, it's taking me to a 404 page not found. The only way to get in here is to click the "Comments" button.

• Reply 24 of 70
    I must admit I was not expecting the high price of the 5c. I would have preferred to see Apple keep the IPhone 5 at the same price as the 5c and let the 5c have the insides of the 4s to keep the price low and to appeal to teenagers who I think are more likely to go for the colours. Will I be switching to Android? - Never
  • Reply 25 of 70
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster View Post

What parade?  The world has spoken - this past update is crap.  Steve Jobs' value to Apple has never been more apparent in recent years than now.  The ones running Apple are dropping the ball big time and the stock market's reaction to the new iphone proves that.

Um, I vividly remember the exact same reaction to most of Apple's product announcements under Jobs (iMac, iPod, iPad, etc, etc).

Quote:

The future of these devices isn't in stupid unlock gimmicks like the fingerprint recognition, or face recognition, or butthole recognition, or any kind of recognition they come up with.

Right.  Because it's actually in the multitude of device+manufacturer+Android version specific beaming technologies which are promoted to death.  Or the plethora of other ill-conceived, manufacturer-specific features which only appeal to people who love mindlessly compiling checklists.

Quote:

Let's just face it, we aren't going to see big leaps from Apple anymore.  They'll just chug along like the rest of them, keeping up with competition, doing little things here and there to try and garner some attention.   They aren't hungry anymore.  They are big, on top, and have grown lethargic with their wealth.

One could almost say that... they're doomed!

• Reply 26 of 70

People will complain about the price of the iPhone 5c, but they will still buy it. This seems to happen all the time with these types of devices. For example, I remember when the iPod mini came out and it was $249. People whined and complained up and down about the price and I'm almost positive it ended up being the best selling iPod they had at the time until it was replaced with the iPod Nano. 

Apple never stated this phone was for 3rd world countries that cannot afford Apple products. This was assumed by the media and others. This is simply a lower cost phone that I think will strongly appeal to the teenager to mid-20 crowd. I expect this to be a big hit in this age range. Its a fairly pretty phone, durable, comes in colors which is appealing to the younger crowd and is cheap enough for parents who may not be able to afford a $200 phone on contract, but can afford a $99 phone on contract. You could get 2 phones for $200 for 2 kids if you happen to need that. This is something they could and most likely was out of reach for a lot of parents with children wanting iPhones. I don't really see this as a race to the bottom, but rather a nicely spec'd phone with a cheaper price. There's really nothing cheap about the iPhoen 5c at all. Just because its plastic, doesn't make it a really cheap phone. It still has very good technology inside it with a very durable case around it. 

• Reply 27 of 70
    ifij775 wrote: »
    Why waste their money? The media has already labeled the phones a dud for them.

All the news in Google News Tech section is saying that the iPhone is going to destroy Microsoft and there are a bunch of rave reviews. I don't know what you are reading....
  • Reply 28 of 70
    macxpress wrote: »
    People will complain about the price of the iPhone 5c, but they will still buy it. This seems to happen all the time with these types of devices. For example, I remember when the iPod mini came out and it was $249. People whined and complained up and down about the price and I'm almost positive it ended up being the best selling iPod they had at the time until it was replaced with the iPod Nano. 

Apple never stated this phone was for 3rd world countries that cannot afford Apple products. This was assumed by the media and others. This is simply a lower cost phone that I think will strongly appeal to the teenager to mid-20 crowd. I expect this to be a big hit in this age range. Its a fairly pretty phone, durable, comes in colors which is appealing to the younger crowd and is cheap enough for parents who may not be able to afford a $200 phone on contract, but can afford a $99 phone on contract. You could get 2 phones for $200 for 2 kids if you happen to need that. This is something they could and most likely was out of reach for a lot of parents with children wanting iPhones. I don't really see this as a race to the bottom, but rather a nicely spec'd phone with a cheaper price. There's really nothing cheap about the iPhoen 5c at all. Just because its plastic, doesn't make it a really cheap phone. It still has very good technology inside it with a very durable case around it. 

The $329 price of the iPad mini was similarly met by doomsayers as too expensive. Apple proved them wrong.
  • Reply 29 of 70
    Somewhere in Korea, a Samsung product manager watched the keynote yesterday and took down the following note: "Idea: [U]more[/U] colors."
  • Reply 30 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by auxio View Post

Um, I vividly remember the exact same reaction to most of Apple's product announcements under Jobs (iMac, iPod, iPad, etc, etc).

Right.  Because it's actually in the multitude of device+manufacturer+Android version specific beaming technologies which are promoted to death.  Or the plethora of other ill-conceived, manufacturer-specific features which only appeal to people who love mindlessly compiling checklists.

One could almost say that... they're doomed!

Nope, Steve Jobs always brought some zazz and knew what would and wouldn't wow crowds.  

"mindlessly compiling checklists" that's interesting, it really is.  I mean what's interesting is just how ignorant you are of what else is available, no offense.

As far as being doomed - they're about as doomed as any other lethargic giant corporation with government backing.  Antitrust laws no longer apply, they're set.

• Reply 31 of 70

Here is the mighty SAMSUNG GALAXY Note 3 + Gear (including sexy announcer lady):

#SAMSUNG #TeamSamsung #GalaxyNote

• Reply 32 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by guerilla View Post

Here is the mighty SAMSUNG GALAXY Note 3 + Gear (including sexy announcer lady):

the watch thing seems gimmicky as shit

• Reply 33 of 70
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    guerilla wrote: »

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Don't bring that crap on here.
  • Reply 34 of 70

Just report these idiots and move on.

• Reply 35 of 70
    tnsftnsf Posts: 203member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

People will complain about the price of the iPhone 5c, but they will still buy it.

Also consider supply and demand.  Apple will sell every single 5c they can make for the foreseable future.  So if supply is limited setting a lower price only reduces revenues.  It doesn't increase market share or revenues.  

As supply increases, Apple may choose to lower the price.

My guess is that next year when Apple releases a larger iPhone the 5S and 5C will slide down the ladder and end up at lower price points.  Just in time for supply to catch up with demand.

• Reply 36 of 70

I don't doubt the design gurus at Apple to be wrong with the color selection and I'm sure they did plenty of research into which colors would be popular for the big push in China which has be Samsung's biggest market for years now. Why would Apple make a cheap phone to satisfy some pundits or part time pundits commenting here? Teen girls will love the new phones, the pop colored cases are a perfect accessory. 

• Reply 37 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Actually the media isn't labeling the phones as "duds", they're just complaining that the 5C is too expensive. My guess is both phones will get really good reviews....except for price.

Price can put a product in the "dud" category.

• Reply 38 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by guerilla View Post

I stopped paying attention when the cat videos started, kiities...

• Reply 39 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster View Post

"...stupid unlock gimmicks like the fingerprint recognition, or face recognition, or butthole recognition..."

I'm really interested in how Apple is going to implement "butthole" recognition.  It should make it easy for the iPhone to recognize chronster! ;)

• Reply 40 of 70
    chronster wrote: »
    What parade?  The world has spoken - this past update is crap.  <span style="line-height:1.4em;">Steve Jobs' value to Apple has never been more apparent in recent years than now.  The ones running Apple are dropping the ball big time and the stock market's reaction to the new iphone proves that.</span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">The future of these devices isn't in stupid unlock </span>
    gimmicks<span style="line-height:1.4em;"> like the fingerprint recognition, or face recognition, or butthole recognition, or any kind of recognition they come up with.  It's in integration.  Google sees this, Apple sort of sees it but isn't acting enough on it.</span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">Let's just face it, we aren't going to see big leaps from Apple anymore.  They'll just chug along like the rest of them, keeping up with competition, doing little things here and there to try and garner some attention.   They aren't hungry anymore.  They are big, on top, and have grown lethargic with their wealth.</span>

Heeee's baaaack!