Apple posts iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c intro videos to the Web

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hjb View Post

Or Apple wants everyone buy 5s instead of iPhone 5 thus repackaging iPhone 5 with plastic and killing iPhone 5? I don't know.

Duh.

• Reply 22 of 31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Not sure if they didn't disappoint, but they certainly didn't surprise. Lot of yawns coming from the tech blogs and stock closed down, so it's hard to categorize this one as a slam dunk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proximityeffect View Post

Yeah, stock closing down has never happened before. Except after the iPhone was announced. And the iPad. And every announcement since then. They'll sell tens of millions of these and make huge profits and somewhere, someplace, some people might realize that looking to analysts and stockholders for advice on what and when to buy and sell is the worst idea you could have for your stock portfolio.

-stock holder since 1996

Thank you for reminding everyone of this, Proximityeffect—AAPL rises before nearly every media event, then drops precipitously during or immediately after the keynote. We all know the reasons so I won’t rehash them here—I just find it difficult to believe how few people realize this HAPPENS NEARLY EVERY FREAKING TIME. This also happens nearly every freaking time: Apple sells millions of things; makes huge profit; uses money to work on newer things. Yeah, what a crappy company. People are ridiculous.

Regarding “yawns coming from the tech blogs.” Cash907, you are absolutely correct—much of the writing on the web this morning is scathing—I’m sure they’ll revel in their page hits…whatever. Besides the fact that no one should ever care what these people write, EVER, here’s why I don’t care if anyone thinks the new iPhones are underwhelming:

I need my iPhone to do my job. There are many things for which I use my phone; but the critical ones are:

• Email—constant back and forth with clients

• Keep and sync my enormous list of contacts

• Keep/sync/share my complex and ever-changing schedule

I know other phones can do these things but I like Apple phones. I like they way they’re made and I like the OS.

I am, like many, locked into a long term contract. I hate the system but I’m stuck; that’s a topic for a different thread. Since I am allowed to upgrade my phone every two years without ‘penalty’ I’m still on an iPhone 4. My iPhone 4 was state of the art, now the new 5s will be better in every way, just like I expect from every Apple product. I’ll buy mine as soon as they’re available. That’s how it goes. Always. Why is this concept inconceivable to some people?

Regarding the people who ask (you know, the people who ALWAYS know better than Tim & friends): “Why didn’t they just keep the 5? Why bother to make the 5c at all?”

• It appeals to kids. Younger and younger kids have phones every time you turn around. They will sell. Duh.

• They had other reasons upon which many will speculate but few will ever know. Who cares? Try to build and run a multi-billion dollar company—I know I couldn’t!

• Reply 23 of 31
    With Touch ID, Apple just won the whole phone as a wallet game.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    squareback wrote: »
    With Touch ID, Apple just won the whole phone as a wallet game.

It's only for iTunes purchases and not available to developers. So no there's no wallet game won yet.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    Quote:

No, that did not happen before. We could have purchased iPhone 5 for the same price of iPhone 5c.

Why killed iPhone 5? I don't know, but there maybe some major defaults in aluminium material for iPhone 5? Or Apple wants everyone buy 5s instead of iPhone 5 thus repackaging iPhone 5 with plastic and killing iPhone 5? I don't know.

Last year I was thinking the iPhone 5 was disappointingly boring.

Now they're selling the same, but less boring phone for 100 less and another less boring but significantly more powerful phone for the same price.

I call that progress.

• Reply 26 of 31
    Originally Posted by Connie View Post

But I just have a feeling Apple is going to surprise us with an event later this year where they might unveil a larger screen iPhone.

You need to take your feelings into the shop for their 30,000 emotion tune-up. In fact, replace the lot of 'em; buy a set of radials.

I am not sure about that with 4inch screen.

Best selling phone in the world for the past five years has had a screen equal to or smaller than 4". I'm pretty sure that you not being sure is just willful ignorance on your part.

Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

It's only for iTunes purchases and not available to developers. So no there's no wallet game won yet.

Key: yet.

• Reply 27 of 31

Maybe, lets check back in a year.

• Reply 28 of 31

based on these crappy little updates, I think most people are thinking they'll wait until iphone 8 to upgrade.  It's a shame, Apple always had at least mildly interesting updates.  Sell your shares while you can, don't let your fanboyism cloud your judgement. 

• Reply 29 of 31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Doxxic View Post

Last year I was thinking the iPhone 5 was disappointingly boring.

Now they're selling the same, but less boring phone for 100 less and another less boring but significantly more powerful phone for the same price.

I call that progress.

And people who don't have their head up their ass call it stagnation.   No offense. 

• Reply 30 of 31
    Originally Posted by chronster

based on these crappy little updates, I think most people are thinking they'll wait until iphone 8 to upgrade.  It's a shame, Apple always had at least mildly interesting updates.  Sell your shares while you can, don't let your fanboyism cloud your judgement. 

Shut up.

• Reply 31 of 31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Shut up.

NO U