Citing iPhone 5s yields & iPhone 5c pricing, Jefferies lowers Apple target to $425

Comments

• Reply 61 of 140
    Quote:

Originally Posted by benji888 View Post

Apple made a smart long term move with the 5c: because of its simpler construction, it will be much easier to produce and keep up with demand. And, next year it will be entry level iPhone, the following year, they will update the innards...it will be a design they keep in the entry level iPhone position.

These people are likely the ones that fed the low-price iPhone rumor, so that, when it didn't happen they could drive the price down, buy more, then watch it go back into a steady upswing on the long term.

We were discussing the 5S.

• Reply 62 of 140
    This analyst is beyond ridiculous. The 4s is the emerging market champ now. A great phone that runs the new iOS sold at a very appealing price without contract. Duh.

There is the news dummy. Apple drops price radically on popular 4s.

It's in supply and on sale now

Oh and apple does a sexy upgrade to the 5.

Kaching. Buy AAPL. I am buying more.

I'm with Carl is my new tee shirt slogan.
  • Reply 63 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

So what will Apple stock do on Monday when they announce "We sold x million iPhones on launch weekend" like they always do?

If they sell 3 million it will drop because it's not enough. If they sell 5 million it will drop because they ran out of stock and have production problems. If they sell 7 million the stock will drop as these represent all the people due for an upgrade and sales will plummet next quarter.

Did I miss any?

So... you are saying the run to $700 was just an anomaly that will never happen again?

[no wonder the stock is dropping]

• Reply 64 of 140
    Which analyst left the sky lying on the ground?
  • Reply 65 of 140
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluestone View Post

And then we have Carl Icahn, not known for being an idiot, putting a lot of his money on the other side of the analysts mouths.  Now, who do you think knows more?

Hard to say... they are all just placing bets. Otherwise we wouldn't have lotteries.

• Reply 66 of 140
    Unlocked yellow iPhone 5c are sold out

Easy explanation: Steeler Nation buying all of the Yellow 5c's with the black print.
  • Reply 67 of 140

Can we have a showdown between Carl Icahn and Peter Misek on CNBC?

• Reply 68 of 140
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iSteelers View Post

Easy explanation: Steeler Nation buying all of the Yellow 5c's with the black print.

Sweet! They can save money on cases by wrapping them in their Terrible Towels.

• Reply 69 of 140
    Quote:

Originally Posted by scotttrader View Post

Yellow sold out preorder. Wonder what the production numbers were.

Were are you getting this?  You can still preorder for 9/20 shipment on Apple's US site for all colors?

Is this an country's site?

• Reply 70 of 140
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    So are people here saying the 5S will have no production issues? And the nasty lying analyst made it up? It seems that he is probably correct given the lack of per-orders.

When will sanity return to AI? Again management haven't delivered. Again the fault lies with the messenger.
  • Reply 71 of 140
    Quote:

Originally Posted by scotttrader View Post

Yellow sold out preorder. Wonder what the production numbers were.

It at least means that Mr Misek's remarks regarding 5c pricing are all the more puzzling... 

• Reply 72 of 140
    512ke wrote: »
    This analyst is beyond ridiculous. The 4s is the emerging market champ now. A great phone that runs the new iOS sold at a very appealing price without contract. Duh.

There is the news dummy. Apple drops price radically on popular 4s.

It's in supply and on sale now

Oh and apple does a sexy upgrade to the 5.

Kaching. Buy AAPL. I am buying more.

I'm with Carl is my new tee shirt slogan.

The 4S is an old phone. It will be supported for one iOS upgrade. 7. It's not got the lure of the new.

Now if they sold the 5C at that price - we would be cooking.
  • Reply 73 of 140
    basjhj wrote: »
    It at least means that Mr Misek's remarks regarding 5c pricing are all the more puzzling... 

No it doesn't. Apple would have produced more if they could and could sell them cheaper. I bet that was the plan but again management messed up.
  • Reply 74 of 140
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Apple's innovating fast enough, it's just the mfg plants can't produce their innovations fast enough. That's what happens when you innovate.

intel can't innovate fast enough to get their XEON and Thunderbolt 2 chipsets out fast enough for Apple's other innovations. So, who's at fault? Intel? They can't innovate and mfg fast enough.

Or how about TSMC's mfg, can they spit out enough A7 chips fast enough to keep up with Apple's innovation?

God, I am so sick of the word innovation. It's now the most overused word in the industry and it's catching on in other industries.

What about the saying "thinking outside the box"? That was overused and now it's coming back around becoming overused.

How come the media doesn't rip apart the OEM Android IDIOTS that can't keep up with OS updates? NOT ONE SINGLE OEM ANDROID PRODUCT SHIPS WITH 4.3, which is the latest version. What's wrong with these idiots? Can't they INNOVATE?

What's wrong with Android, can't they come out with 64 bit chips in their smartphones? Can't they innovate fast enough?
  • Reply 75 of 140
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    rogifan wrote: »
    My sister just got an email on the new iPhones and forwarded to to me asking why Apple chooses such ugly colors. I hate to say it but it could be a swing and a miss color wise.

Curious what you conclude there. Why so apocalyptic?

Is your sister Chinese, Japanese? A bubbly 20-year-old American pot smoker? I hate to say it, but her opinion may not be relevant.
  • Reply 76 of 140

Jeez. Making billions of dollars isn't impressive to this guy.

How much is the check he's getting from Samsung?

• Reply 77 of 140
    This is why I'm no longer in the market. These manipulators (so-called analysts) make it just another form of gambling. If everyone would just ignore these chuckleheads we'd all be better off. I've found that your average "Joe" on the street is a better financial analyst than these guys. Remember, these are at same people that brought us the dot.com bubble. You know, they thought that "clicks" equalled "dollars". What a joke.
  • Reply 78 of 140

I'm guessing the production reports are total crap. These devices have been in production for some time given the amount of part leaks we were seeing. Also, there are two manufacturers now with Foxconn doing the 5S and 4S, while Pegatron is doing the 5C. I am excited about the new devices and Apple's potential. Now to figure out who here is visiting the US or who in the us is visiting here first so that they can bring me an Unlocked 5S.

• Reply 79 of 140
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Anyone familiar with iPhone4U? Just wondering if this is an outlier or indicative of what sales will be.

iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C demand “truly phenomenal”
    “The demand for the new iPhone 5c and 5s has been truly phenomenal in the first few days of pre-registration. We have already seen double digit growth in pre-registrations compared to the same period for iPhone 5 last year, and with the exceptional rate in which we are receiving these, we are predicting that the new handsets will set a record as generating the most pre-registrations ever at Phones 4u,” said Scott Hooton, Chief Commercial Officer at Phones 4u.

He added: “To date, this interest has also shown that 75 per cent are intending to purchase the new iPhone 5c or 5s on 4G, so not only are we expecting pre-orders of the iPhone 5c to go through the roof this weekend, we are gearing up for an exceptionally busy launch day on 20th September, when both officially go on-sale at Phones 4u stores across the country and online.”
  • Reply 80 of 140
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluestone View Post

And then we have Carl Icahn, not known for being an idiot, putting a lot of his money on the other side of the analysts mouths.  Now, who do you think knows more?

And I suppose when Icahn tweets everyone to buy to inflate the stock so he can dump his shares, you'll do as he recommends?