Apple releases iOS 7 golden master to developers ahead of Sept. 18 public launch

Comments

• Reply 41 of 66
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member

Oh, yes! Certainly.

I rather think that FMF will get an update to match by/on the 18th, just that it wouldn't have happened in the GM.

But might because of … just saying … ;)
  • Reply 42 of 66
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

* for example to unlock the home screen you just flick [almost] anywhere on the display in a general left to right motion -- as opposed to visually targeting then precisely moving the slider control in earlier iOS releases.

P.S. You folks won't have Dick Applebaum to kick around much longer... I'm changing my name to Miley!

I like that unlock, and my mom would too on her iPad. Can't wait for the release date.

Isn't Miley a girl's name? You're going from Dick to Miley, whats going on here?? ... just kidding, enjoy.

• Reply 43 of 66

I seem to have a slight lag on the phone options in iOS 7 since the first beta on my iPhone 5.

If I select 'Recent Calls' and then move to 'Favourites', the next time I open the Phone app, I see 'Recent Calls' and it then dissolves to 'Favourites', which was my last selection.

Is this by intent, or is there an actual lag? Hope it is fixed in the GM.

• Reply 44 of 66

I am running iOS7 GM now but no Slide to Unlock sound :\

• Reply 45 of 66
    Download iOS 7 Gm Direct from here:

www.ios-hacks.com/2013/08/torrent-direct-download-links-for-ios-7-gold-master-beta-gm-version-for-ipod-ipad-iphone.html
  • Reply 46 of 66
    iOS 7.......sigh. Guess I'll be the only one to still complain, but I can't help it. I don't even care about the icons anymore, but those colours, aaaargh! Looks so girly, like a mix of Care Bears, Barbie, and My Little Pony. Still gonna update though, with a heavy heart that is......
  • Reply 47 of 66

iOS 7.......sigh. Guess I'll be the only one to still complain, but I can't help it. I don't even care about the icons anymore, but those colours, aaaargh! Looks so girly, like a mix of Care Bears, Barbie, and My Little Pony. Still gonna update though, with a heavy heart that is......

You're not the only one.  I find the colors very repulsive.  They are more suitable for an eight year old girl's play room.

• Reply 48 of 66
    [quote name="Tallest Skil" url="/t/159459/apple-releases-ios-7-golden-master-to-developers-ahead-of-sept-18-public-launch#post_2393358"]

Where's the downvote button…

As a developer, you should know that.

It's not part of the OS. Why would it be updated in the GM?
    [/quote
  • Reply 49 of 66
    I'm not a developer, I downloaded it for free from a site, mega something or other.
  • Reply 50 of 66
    So will I have to uninstall it or can it just be updated?
  • Reply 51 of 66
    Originally Posted by dead-1 View Post

I'm not a developer, I downloaded it for free from a site, mega something or other.

Yeah, why should we help you, then? You illegally obtained prerelease software and you expect to be treated like someone who paid?

• Reply 52 of 66
    Have been trying the GM on my iPhone 5 since it was made available....have nobody else noticed that the GM release really drains your battery?
    Beta 1 was terrible like that, but it has gotten a lot better and almost perfect until the GM. Anybody else seeing this? A devloper friend of mine have also experienced the same thing...so I guess it's not only related to me.
  • Reply 53 of 66
    [quote name="Tallest Skil" url="/t/159459/apple-releases-ios-7-golden-master-to-developers-ahead-of-sept-18-public-launch/30#post_2396791"]
    Yeah, why should we help you, then? You illegally obtained prerelease software and you expect to be treated like someone who paid?
    [/quot
  • Reply 54 of 66
    [quote name="dead-1" url="/t/159459/apple-releases-ios-7-golden-master-to-developers-ahead-of-sept-18-public-launch/30#post_2397231"][quote name="Tallest Skil" url="/t/159459/apple-releases-ios-7-golden-master-to-developers-ahead-of-sept-18-public-launch/30#post_2396791"]
  • Reply 55 of 66
    dead-1 wrote: »
    dead-1 wrote: »

Aww, boo hoo
  • Reply 56 of 66
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Excellent then I can preview its compatibility with my black bezel verus a white one. My choice having been narrowed to silver versus gray at the moment.
  • Reply 57 of 66
    People will always complain about change...I'm sure people can find all sorts of little design niggles to whine about. But when you compare it to iOS 6, it's a huge improvement hands-down. iOS 6 just looks heavy, obscured (e.g. lock screen that only shows 1/2 the wallpaper), and outdated.

I think after a month or two people will just get used to it (like Lightning ports and natural scrolling) and it'll be weird to go back.
  • Reply 58 of 66
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlat View Post

Fire up those BT clients...

Why? Of what benefit is downloading from BT when you can get the update directly on the phone or... and this is a bit far out there... iTunes?

This isn't Android we're talking about here, it's iOS where it's so damn easy to get hold of an update for your phone for FREE.

• Reply 59 of 66
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    Anyone who says they are downloading the beta versions from a BT site ahead of the GM release and is not a developer is either lying or taking their security and throwing it out the window. To run a dev release of iOS7 and also to run the GM candidate, your iOS device has to be registered with a developers account. If it is not the installer will not load on your device. If you downloaded it from a BT site they have to go in and remove that security function and at this point, there is no telling what other parts they fiddled with. Only a foolish person would load that to their phone for use in any serious manner. :err:
  • Reply 60 of 66
    Hey,
    Want a taste of iOS 7 without installig the beta?
    just found this online: iOS 7 on the Web!

You can try it out right in the browser of your phone, no download required !
    Check in on : digi-dyn.com/iOS