Microsoft continues its attack on Apple with new ads panning iPhone 5c & 5s colors [u]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 183
    That was painful. I now feel more stupid having watched the video.
  • Reply 22 of 183
    If this was an SNL skit it would fail. It's interesting how Microsoft's latest ads highlight Apple's products instead of focusing on their own.
  • Reply 23 of 183
    Apple is at that point, again, where they're pitching color as one of the key elements of a product. They did it when they first introduced the iMac, then the iPod and now again with the iPhone. There's nothing wrong with it - and it's no different than any clothing company revising its color palette year to year, but for MS to poke fun at Apple for this just makes me, as a consumer, think about their "kick-stand" and clicking keyboard cover and dancing people not really using their tablets for anything other than as a dance and music prop.

Sure, there will be those people who say Apple used to make fun of MS in their Mac vs PC ads, but it was justifiable in that the vast majority of PC users dealt with the things the ads poked fun at on a regular basis. Apple was taking advantage of a negative issue with MS's operating system. MS, in spoofs like this, is trying to belittle Apple and ultimately make fun of those people who buy Apple products. That's a big no-no in my marketing books, but clearly MS either doesn't hire people who know anything about marketing or have nothing positive to say about their own products.
  • Reply 24 of 183
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member

Wow, it took Microsoft "a month of work" to put that disjointed garbage together?

• Reply 25 of 183
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Poor Microsoft. Apple should release a "Crazy Balmer" ad, anonymously of course, that shows him slashing prices on Microsoft hardware because "their prices are insane!" Firesale!
  • Reply 26 of 183

Time for Apple to end that wide-ranging patent sharing arrangement with Microsoft. Now.

• Reply 27 of 183
    Oh my god, I couldn't finish this, it was so embarrassing to watch. Poorly done to boot.

Desperate. Sad.
  • Reply 28 of 183
    What did I just watch? Seriously, I don't even get the message of the 'ad.'
  • Reply 29 of 183
    The really sad part is that the profile looked more like Jobs than it did Cook. wtf?
  • Reply 30 of 183
    pokepoke Posts: 506member

"Tim" has been clearly made to look like Steve Jobs and not just regular Steve Jobs, but Jobs after severe weight loss. Classy.

• Reply 31 of 183
    Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

What did I just watch? Seriously, I don't even get the message of the 'ad.'

"Cancer makes people stupid."

• Reply 32 of 183
    Whoahahaha, excellent! Great, greater, greatest.
    These people are so intelligent, so nice, so humble.

Everybody will stop to buy an Apple product after this "ad".
    So powerful, so fantastic ...

But ... wait!

This comes from a loser? Mircrosoft?
    The company who bought the other rotten one with the colored phones that nobody wants?
    The guys without ideas in mobile business?

Let's think about it ...
    No. No-no, I think this spot had been created by frustrated teens
    for frustrated people who wants to quit the race.

Hm, in this way, not so funny. That's really sad.
    Very sad. Not for Apple, for the people who created this bullshit.
  • Reply 33 of 183

Two words: Surface...RT

(or is that one word?)

• Reply 34 of 183

Wow, just wow... I'm speechless after watching this... If M$ ever wanted to make me dump every single one of their products in a New York Minute, they just did!

This was infuriatingly insulting, childish, ignorant, pompous, and demeaning... It also WREAKS of desperation!

Microsoft, oh how the mighty have fallen, good riddance...

• Reply 35 of 183
    Yawn!
  • Reply 36 of 183

Microsoft attained 'Level Pathetic'

• Reply 37 of 183

It actually  explains a lot. This is how Microsoft thinks Apple products are designed. No wonder they have hard time trying to be like Apple.

• Reply 38 of 183
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

How disgusting and pathetic. This is China/South Korea-level tactics.

Is it though? Really? Because it seems in an apples to apples comparison, they're working with what they got and ignoring what they don't. If you spend the time to put a 41 megapixel, 9 element, motion stabilized, f2.2 camera into a phone, you probably want to tout that. If you made a "unibody" polycarbonate phone in dayglow colors 3 years before apple announced one, you probably want to call that out too. Seems legit to me. Some times you gotta call a spade a spade. Lets just acknowledge that color themed UI based on the color of the phone was NOT done by Apple first. 

Being an informed consumer means knowing what you're buying and why. For me, it's the software's ability to do icloud syncing for my address book with merging features for facebook, linked in, and gmail. It's the ability for me to send contact cards over text messages. The ability for me to reply to group messages and stay in a group message context. Having a stable UI that I dont have to worry about being attacked by malware (though my iphone 4 is not so stable anymore). Also, I like having a best of breed camera in my phone. For most of these things, microsoft meets, beats, or competes on Apple's level. It seems worthy of taking a few well aimed shots. Android and samsung, not so much. Those dudes are shamelessly copycatting Apple designs and features, but still miss every opportunity to fix the issues in android that cause it to be such a crappy platform. 

All I'm saying is, be realistic. Don't just be a band wagon fan. You make the rest of us sound like tools.

• Reply 39 of 183
    You guys do realize that not so long ago Apple was the disgusting, pathetic, desperate, tacky, threatened company using China/South Korea tactics" with there I'm a Mac adds right? Samsung too, and it worked for both companies to move ahead of the race. Maybe its Microsoft's turn again. Apple won't be "top"forever.
  • Reply 40 of 183
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    jefflw wrote: »
    You guys do realize that not so long ago Apple was the disgusting, pathetic, desperate, tacky, threatened company using China/South Korea tactics" with there I'm a Mac adds right? Samsung too, and it worked for both companies to move ahead of the race. Maybe its Microsoft's turn again. Apple won't be "top"forever.

Not true. Apple wasn't mocking the users, it was mocking Windows.