Apple to commence iPhone 5s advance reservations in China on Sept. 17th

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40

... well, maybe not to worry too much, maybe Apple simply made much, much more iPhone 5Cs in order to meet what can only be an unprecedented demand.

As for me, I am getting two iPhone 5C (one in grey and one in blue -- already preordered) as well as one iPhone 5S (gold).

Long live Apple! Down with Microsoft! Down with Google!

~Sluffs~

• Reply 22 of 40
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

One thing I find odd about AT&T is that you pay the same monthly fee regardless if you are on contract or not. The upside to iPhone though is that since you can sell a one year old phone for more than what it costs to put a down payment on a new iPhone, even the 64 GB, it only makes sense to upgrade every year. You're paying the same fee every year anyway, why not have the latest iPhone? It is basically a one time investment to always have the latest kit.

• Reply 23 of 40
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rhbellmor View Post

Do I understand this correctly, the USA has to wait behind the Chinese? Apple, this is not fair. So China will buy up all the inventory and we in the good ole USA will wait behind the Chinese and get our 5s iPhones in a month or more? Time to sell my Apple Stock!

Its a reservation system, not exactly preorder, you don't remember the chaos in China with the egg throwing from scalpers? The earlier date is probably to check demand so they have time to move the goods around. Seriously doubt Apple will let any one country have all their iPhones, that's saying Apple is not in control of their own inventory.

• Reply 24 of 40
    /s

Plus I believe the China phones will be completely different SKUs.
    Bingo.

Yeah, even the box has Chinese writing all over it.
  • Reply 25 of 40
    sluffs wrote: »
    I am concerned, to be honest.

Almost 20h after the pre-orders opened, the iPhone 5C -- in all five colors, for all carriers, and in all memory options -- is still available for delivery on 09/20!?

Has this ever happened before? Can this be right?

Don't they usually sell out in less than one hour? 

I worry....

Don't worry, they can make 10s of millions per day and have 6 full days to be cranking these puppies out like crazy. Plus, in case you missed it, they are taking pre-orders in 100 countries.

A few days from now the Pacific will be darkened by the fleets of FedX aircraft flying out of China. There will be so much mass moving in one direction that it will spin up the Earth on its axis.

Meanwhile in Texas, Googlrola is churning out 14.2k MotoX phones per day... Everyone say, "Ooooh!"
  • Reply 26 of 40
    That is what they should have done here. And had a similar reservation system.

Apple determined that offering pre-orders for both the 5c and 5s at the same time would overload the internets and cause a blackout in the western USA. Apple is once again protecting you from yourself. All bow to the omniscience of Tim while intoning, "Jooooooooooooooobbbbs."
  • Reply 27 of 40
    All that bullcrap about "building machines in America" and "Designed in California". Then this, speaking on principle. Man we need Steve back.
  • Reply 28 of 40

Sorry, Apple, but this is a bunch of horse excrement!

Mark

• Reply 29 of 40
    mark booth wrote: »

Sorry Mark, but only Microsoft makes products in brown.
  • Reply 30 of 40
    Originally Posted by Mark Booth View Post

How do you say, "Get the eff over it," in Chinese? 

• Reply 31 of 40
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    How do you say, "Get the eff over it," in Chinese? 

Yea - I mean really, they released the iP 3 was it, here in NZ first.
    Not a squeak about that.
  • Reply 32 of 40
    Must be some kinda of deal Apple made with the biggest telco in the world. One way to get $$$$$$$ fast with the masses.

Trying to please the Chinese audience.........but it's ok. I can wait.
  • Reply 33 of 40
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    lol - You should be first in line CM !

Calls are free from there I hear, no sim no contract :smokey:
  • Reply 34 of 40
    Must be some kinda of deal Apple made with the biggest telco in the world. One way to get $$$$$$$ fast with the masses.

Trying to please the Chinese audience.........but it's ok. I can wait.

Most original theory so far...plausible.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RobM View Post

lol - You should be first in line CM !

Calls are free from there I hear, no sim no contract image

Lol.......CM is just a nick. It's fun to have a nick which people find it amusing. 

No thanks. I prefer in the country I stay in. I rather die than stay in a country like that.......

Plus I hate queues. You will be surprise people over there have started lining up..........to be first in line......to be the FIRST IN THE WORLD to get their hands on the first official 5s.

I will wait for it to cool down before signing with my telco.

• Reply 36 of 40
    adamcadamc Posts: 583member
    I prefer to make ignorant assumptions about foreign markets from the hubris and convenience of my sofa. /s

Some called it educated guessing especially those clever people at Wall Street.
  • Reply 37 of 40
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    ajbdtc826 wrote: »
    All that bullcrap about "building machines in America" and "Designed in California". Then this, speaking on principle. Man we need Steve back.

Remember how depressed Steve was over the reception given to the iPad from the geek press and the geek Internet echo chamber? It's in the biography.

I would never suggest what Apple would do if he were still around, but maybe Apple has a better chance of getting a good reception for the new phones from their soon-to-be biggest market, China.

Good thing I'm not running Apple. I'd punish the Americans with shortages for months for being such Samsung suckers.
  • Reply 38 of 40
    flaneur wrote: »
    Remember how depressed Steve was over the reception given to the iPad from the geek press and the geek Internet echo chamber? It's in the biography.

I would never suggest what Apple would do if he were still around, but maybe Apple has a better chance of getting a good reception for the new phones from their soon-to-be biggest market, China.

Good thing I'm not running Apple. I'd punish the Americans with shortages for months for being such Samsung suckers.

I think this pre-order business doesn't necessarily mean that on Sept 20, Americans won't have any iPhone 5s' to buy. I think Apple has already created an initial allocation for each launch country, pre-order system or not. Which is why I think Apple ought to open preorders for every launch country. Don't make people stand in line.
  • Reply 39 of 40
    ecatsecats Posts: 272member

More facts and less sensationalisation please:

The Chinese and US iPhone 5s (and 5c) do not share the same cellular hardware, US stock can not be diverted to China on a whim, it has to be manufactured specifically for the market, meaning that at least the first three weeks of iPhone 5s' are already pre-defined into allocated regions.

The China bound 5s model number is A1530, which is only shared with: Australia & New Zealand, HK, Korea and Singapore. Only those countries would be at risk of a last-minute stock diversion to China, should China have a larger than expected demand.

The US 5s model number is A1533 (For AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon)A1453 (For Sprint). Only shared with Canada, Puerto Rico, and in the case of the A1453 also Japan.

The reservation system for China only serves the purpose of preventing predatory reselling. It does not play into their week-0 stock allocation, and is stock limited (otherwise the queuers would become disorderly.)

• Reply 40 of 40
    Obviously people in china are probably more willing for the 5C so this might not get very many preorders for 5S