iPod screen (rainbow colours)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi there!

So i finally bought an iPod (10GB version), but last week the screen had some rather nice rainbowcolours on/in it. Like the screen was pressed very hard. Off course i didn't do that, does anybody have had the same thing? The strange colours disappeared after a few hours, but still it's a bit terryfing... such a cool an expensive device... What to do?

DB

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    frankly I would have brought it back to the point of sale and insisted it be replaced, after all you are paying for a quality product that hasnt got any defects!

[ 06-10-2002: Message edited by: trevorM ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Owww but i AM returning it tomorrow. But i just wanted to know if there were people here with the same problem

DB
  • Reply 3 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    This happenes every once in a while, esp when the batt runs out or it is cold out... never cause problems with its operation... merely a cosmetic qualm and i doubt anything is actually wrong with the screen... (that is if it goes away after like 5 min, if it is still there for like a day, then you have problems...)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I have had this problem also. I thought it needed degaussing, but then I realized it was an LCD screen...

I don't think it's a big deal. I can only see it from a few angles, once in a while, and the operation has never been compromised. My warranty runs out in about a month though, so I may want to send it in or at least ask about it. BTW, Apple's website is terrible with regards to product support. I have searched it many times for support but they always refer you to the knowledge base (even if you can't find your answer in the knowledge base). I think I'll call or email the tech support from the place I got it from (Powermax.com).
  • Reply 5 of 7
    myahmacmyahmac Posts: 222member
    hey ine is like that too. i was kinda pissed off at first then vowed not to let nething happen to it. right after that my friend asks to see it, pulls on the earphones and boom. my ipod hits the concrete. i was passed and heartbroken, my ipod's jog wheel popped out of place and the center button fell of and there is a scratch on t too. but i fixed it, a well designed expensive thing it is. note to self no drink and typing.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I dropped my iPod a couple of feet onto linoleum a few days ago. The center button didn't want to go down at all, even though it would register when I pressed it. Now it's gone back to normal, and I'm very releived.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I had the exact same problem-- mine had a swath of rainbow colors running down the center, and the top corners were darkened, as if the center portion of the bottom of my screen were depressed (just as you described). I could hardly see my screen!

Just like you, I didn't do anything to mine either-- I hadn't dropped it or anything, I just had it in my pocket next to my phone (is this why? who knows...).

The good news is (as you probably found out) that it went away the same day. I just left the iPod off for several hours and came back and the problem had fixed itself. I'm not sure how this problem started, but it seems to correct itself, at least in my case.