Apple releases iTunes 11.1 with iOS 7 support, iTunes Radio, Genius Shuffle, more

Comments

• Reply 21 of 98
    Quote:

Originally Posted by loekf View Post

http://appldnld.apple.com/iTunes11/041-8598.20130918.Exe55/iTunes64Setup.exe

(via Support -> Downloads)

This works for me on Windows 8 Pro x64

Thank you. No via software update or website.
  • Reply 22 of 98
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

Man, all the instant gratification whining is pathetic. Can't wait, gotta be the first, where's it at, come one Apple, lame, I'm so bummed out, not here yet¡

• Reply 23 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rmusikantow View Post

I just downloaded ITunes 11.1 from site, but the dmg is not recognized.

probably corrupted ... you're gonna have to re-download it.

• Reply 24 of 98
    mm1337 wrote: »
    For me still 11.0.5 For Windows 8 x64...

Comment: no comment.
  • Reply 25 of 98
    I need the 32bit Windows version :-(
  • Reply 26 of 98
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member

D/L'ed 11.1 from Apple.  Installed fine, and the first screen I got was iTunes Radio.  Messing around with it now.  I've never used Pandora or anything, so this is a different experience for me.

EDIT:  Ahh, ok.  So, when it switches songs, it gives a little slide-in notification, like a Twitter msg.  Cool.

• Reply 27 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

D/L'ed 11.1 from Apple.  Installed fine, and the first screen I got was iTunes Radio.  Messing around with it now.  I've never used Pandora or anything, so this is a different experience for me.

I can also confirm that iTunes radio does work outside US :)

• Reply 28 of 98
    I tried to download 11.1 too, but I get a DMG image that my Mac doesn't recognize?
  • Reply 29 of 98
    For me, at Apple Br website: iTunes 11.1 64 bits only
  • Reply 30 of 98

Same here. It only downloads a 353 kb file and then the disk image isn't recognized. 

• Reply 31 of 98

I got an 11.05 page the first few times I refreshed just now. Then got the 11.1 page, but in two efforts to download, I get a 354 byte iTunes11.1dmg file and no further downloading. Odd.

Update: just refreshed the iTunes download page and I am back to 11.05.

• Reply 32 of 98
    Just downloaded the new iTunes, and iTune Radio is radio done right. Easy, intuitive, and fun to use. Took no time to learn and find my favorite kinds of music. Wow!
  • Reply 33 of 98
    loekf wrote: »

This is Win 64, in case anyone was confused. The OSX DL is .dmg.

I had no trouble downloading directly from the download page, which is very easy to find on the site, but here it is if you don't want to type apple.com and click twice.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  • Reply 34 of 98

Digging iTunes Radio, very awesome. 

• Reply 35 of 98
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post

I downloaded it through Apple's website but my Mac can't open it (disk image "not recognized")

Yeah, same here. I'm a non developer using the beta and was wondering if that had something to do with it.

Can anyone confirm?
  • Reply 36 of 98

Downloaded 11.1 in Canada. Installed fine. iRadio does not show up :(

• Reply 37 of 98

I was having the same exact problem. Then, I waited a few minutes and clicked and now it's finally downloading the real deal. Interesting. 

• Reply 38 of 98
    velorandy wrote: »
    I tried to download 11.1 too, but I get a DMG image that my Mac doesn't recognize?

Your mac does recognize .dmg, and that is the file you want. You should delete it and reinstall, but if you're feeling inquisitive you might look at the "get info" and determine whether or not the stated file size is different than the round about 215mb that it should be. But this will avail you of nothing if the file is corrupted, so either way you will probably need to reinstall it unless there is something else wrong with your mac.
  • Reply 39 of 98

Siftware Update not up to date yet.

• Reply 40 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeanSolecki View Post

Your mac does recognize .dmg, and that is the file you want. You should delete it and reinstall, but if you're feeling inquisitive you might look at the "get info" and determine whether or not the stated file size is different than the round about 215mb that it should be. But this will avail you of nothing if the file is corrupted, so either way you will probably need to reinstall it unless there is something else wrong with your mac.

ight, let me check it out again and if this download does the same I'll checke the get info for the hell of it.