Apple releases iTunes 11.1 with iOS 7 support, iTunes Radio, Genius Shuffle, more

Comments

• Reply 41 of 98
    1) Deleting an album from a playlist takes 4.2 seconds...while my iTunes Library.itl is a mere 20MB and on SSD (media is on HDD, not for long though, plan on moving everything to PCIeSSD)

2) absurd big this version, a 225MB download becomes a 385MB install file, creating 312 .app file

3) Of course there's no iTunes Radio; that's an iOS7 feature. There is however Internet Radio, perhaps it's turned off in your prefs?

4) Disabling 'Limit Ad Tracking' is a nice touch
  • Reply 42 of 98

I can report that the iTunes dmg doesn't appear to be correct, at least for me. I've re-DL'd it about 5 times now, and always get a file that is 353 bites long and won't open. Not sure why this is so, but it is.

I've rebooted my Mac, too. So cannot figure why this is happening.

• Reply 43 of 98

From what I understand all new software will get pick up by updates from 1 pm EDT.

• Reply 44 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

probably corrupted ... you're gonna have to re-download it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeanSolecki View Post

Your mac does recognize .dmg, and that is the file you want. You should delete it and reinstall, but if you're feeling inquisitive you might look at the "get info" and determine whether or not the stated file size is different than the round about 215mb that it should be. But this will avail you of nothing if the file is corrupted, so either way you will probably need to reinstall it unless there is something else wrong with your mac.

I've tried a few times and no luck. Each time the downloaded file is 353 bytes. Tried downloading from Safari and Chrome.

• Reply 45 of 98
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimk69 View Post

ight, let me check it out again and if this download does the same I'll checke the get info for the hell of it.

Yeah, I already deleted the old one but I can tell this time its taking a lot longer and 

the first was to quick so it must have been a bad file like u said...

Yup, just clicked it and now its installing.   

• Reply 46 of 98
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    1983 wrote: »
    I would like the option to download HD 24bit audio tracks and albums - come on Apple, Steve wanted this too! Will it ever happen?

There's an interesting article here arguing that it won't make sense to do so. This is one excerpt from it:
    http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

"192kHz considered harmful

192kHz digital music files offer no benefits. They're not quite neutral either; practical fidelity is slightly worse. The ultrasonics are a liability during playback.

Neither audio transducers nor power amplifiers are free of distortion, and distortion tends to increase rapidly at the lowest and highest frequencies. If the same transducer reproduces ultrasonics along with audible content, any nonlinearity will shift some of the ultrasonic content down into the audible range as an uncontrolled spray of intermodulation distortion products covering the entire audible spectrum. Nonlinearity in a power amplifier will produce the same effect. The effect is very slight, but listening tests have confirmed that both effects can be audible."
  • Reply 47 of 98
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member

sounds like someone jumped the gun on this one.  Gonna wait till it appears in my Software Update in Mac App Store.

• Reply 48 of 98

Software Update NOW WORKING to Update ITunes!

• Reply 49 of 98
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

Why hasn't Apple released OSX Mavericks?!?!?! Where is it?!?! I want it RIGHT NOW!

Sorry, I meant to post this next month.

• Reply 50 of 98

Also, iRadio is there. It just says radio in your music library section next to album, artist, playlist and such...

• Reply 51 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snova View Post

sounds like someone jumped the gun on this one.  Gonna wait till it appears in my Software Update in Mac App Store.

Its in the App store now- currently downloaded.  103 of 141MB.  104.... 106....

• Reply 52 of 98

iOS 7 AVAILABLE!!!!!!!

• Reply 53 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

iOS 7 AVAILABLE!!!!!!!

lulz thanks mate

• Reply 54 of 98

If iOS 7 is available, anyone know where the official DL spot is? I need to do a fresh update of it.

• Reply 55 of 98

It's appearing in Software Update now.

• Reply 56 of 98

wonder how much money is being lost in productivity today and overall Internet bandwidth spike. 

• Reply 57 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snova View Post

wonder how much money is being lost in productivity today and overall Internet bandwidth spike. 

WTF.... I have to remove iPhoto, Keynote, Pages, Notes etc. to have 3.2 GB free before I can update ???

• Reply 58 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by loekf View Post

WTF.... I have to remove iPhoto, Keynote, Pages, Notes etc. to have 3.2 GB free before I can update ???

Lol... I had to remove pages, keynote, and Numbers also....

• Reply 59 of 98

Update fails via Mac App Store.. I get "The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1102.)(102)"   

anyone else seeing this?

• Reply 60 of 98

iOS 7.0 Software Update Failed on my 4s????? Tried again and still failed, "An error occurred downloading iOS 7.0." Come on Apple & get your act together!