Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more

Comments

• Reply 61 of 247

Both my IP5 and ipad have reported repeated failures during the download.  I have restarted several times only to get within a few minutes of finishing and then the error.  I am on a 50Mb TWC connection using an AEBS as the router.  BUMMER!

• Reply 62 of 247

Looks almost like Apple pulled the plug on the iPad release. My 4th gen and iPad mini were downloading just fine then stopped cold, now I get the same error.

iPhone update is nearly done though! "Preparing update..."

• Reply 63 of 247
    Im on GM why it doesnt see any update ? Do I have to restore ? :D
  • Reply 64 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

"Mine downloaded in 12 minutes"

-The guy who downloads at 7pm tonight

You bet :) They have some serious crowd control system, in place to ensure the Server's don't freeze from the massive requests :).

How it works is, they have a queue system. So say hypothetically they'll only serve 100 people..

Once the first 100 requests come in, the remaining iOS devices querying for Software Update's will end up seeing "Your on the latest version of iOS, and there's no updates".

Once that queue of 100 drops, the remaining devices querying will enter the queue and will start downloading.

• Reply 65 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by neebong View Post

Dammit... I wish i wasnt on holiday in Japan right now....

/normally lives in the UK

Welcome to our side of the great ball!

• Reply 66 of 247

In the evening after work, downloading can go really slow- People in US and Asia (morning time) will really get this update in trouble!

I might update tomorrow :grumble:

• Reply 67 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mm1337 View Post

Im on GM why it doesnt see any update ? Do I have to restore ? image

I have an iPhone 5 on developers GM too. Isn't that the same thing the rest of the people are downloading atm ?
  • Reply 68 of 247
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaker9999 View Post

Not my first post, couldn't remember the password to my other account. Joke's on you.. 8-)

"But I'll keep checking this thread to see how the nerds respond to me".  Who's the Joke on?

• Reply 69 of 247
    My mini is finally able to make progress on a download... fingers crossed...
  • Reply 70 of 247
    I keep getting an error. software Update Failed. Guess it's just busy servers. Can everyone just stop for a minute so I can download mine??
  • Reply 71 of 247
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member

"Current version" my ass! :)

• Reply 72 of 247
    UGGH....I'm now starting my dowload for the third time. Get about half way done and suddenly get and error while downloading message and have to start over. If everyone could stop overloading the Apple servers until after my download is complete it would be greatly appreciated
  • Reply 73 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ndirishfan1975 View Post

UGGH....I'm now starting my dowload for the third time. Get about half way done and suddenly get and error while downloading message and have to start over. If everyone could stop overloading the Apple servers until after my download is complete it would be greatly appreciated

Lol lets see here.. 

Now how many people are requesting the same thing..

More like 1 million of them :D . Keep trying Bro, you'll get there eventually :D. I got 30 mins to go still :D
  • Reply 74 of 247

Still downloading...  "Preparing Update"

Passing the time watching old TV clips on YouTube... The Monkeys... Gilligan's Island...  Makes it impossible to be stressed out about a slow download...  and being awake all night with work looming in a few hours...

• Reply 75 of 247

I'm also on my second attempt and will now deposit my iPhone directly on my AEBS.

• Reply 76 of 247

I keep getting a "The requested resource could not be found" error when I try to perform a restore of my iPhone 5 via iTunes 11.1. I'm already running on the GM build, but wanted to re-load using the new release...

• Reply 77 of 247

It won't download on my iPad.  I'm giving up.  Will try again just before Christmas.

You all, the ones that can make it through download, you have fun.  I envy you.

• Reply 78 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nikilok View Post

I have an iPhone 5 on developers GM too. Isn't that the same thing the rest of the people are downloading atm ?

`Well it shouldnt be. Because thats 7.0 and when they do public it would be for example 7.0.1 7.0.2 etc

• Reply 79 of 247

Well I guess I will try tonight, unless I can find wifi at lunch. So we will see. I wish they didn't  wait until 10 am pst , but it makes sense as most people are at work.

• Reply 80 of 247
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mm1337 View Post

`Well it shouldnt be. Because thats 7.0 and when they do public it would be for example 7.0.1 7.0.2 etc

Its the same as the GM that was released a week or so ago. This has already been confirmed by others. 7.0.1 has been released for the iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s however.