Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more

Comments

• Reply 81 of 247
    You know, a bunch of us could wait until tomorrow. Just sayin’…
  • Reply 82 of 247

The preparing update is taking forever... (10 min)

• Reply 83 of 247

Why does my iphone 5 say there are no updates when I have it check for updates. It says I have the laters version. What am I missing??

Thanks

• Reply 84 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

Its the same as the GM that was released a week or so ago. This has already been confirmed by others. 7.0.1 has been released for the iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s however. 

That makes me sad. I found some bugs ;D

• Reply 85 of 247

Must be Chinese population hogging the bloody servers........lol!

Can't get anything at all. Only thing that I can download is iTunes 11.1 and that's about it.....

• Reply 86 of 247

Was down to 2 minutes when it bombed   :\  Guess we're many doing this!

• Reply 87 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mm1337 View Post

That makes me sad. I found some bugs ;D

As if its going to be absolutely perfect when it comes out.....Not sure why you expected this. I'm sure 7.0.1 (or 7.0.2 will be out within a week or so to fix things. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't already working on the next update. 

• Reply 88 of 247

Tried with my iPhone just now... can't even check for updates.  The servers are getting hit hard...

• Reply 89 of 247

iPad mini has finished downloading... waiting on restart...  Off to play!

• Reply 90 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mm1337 View Post

`Well it shouldnt be. Because thats 7.0 and when they do public it would be for example 7.0.1 7.0.2 etc

You sure ? Can anyone whose not a developer who finished downloading, confirm what the version number on iOS 7 says..

Settings -> General -> About -> (Version).

Im guessing it would be called 7.0.0

• Reply 91 of 247

Installed! Took about 45 minutes in total.

• Reply 92 of 247
    adybadyb Posts: 205member
    Download took 8 mins on my 4s, preparing update took about 30/40 minutes, it has now restarted and am waiting for the progress bar to ... err .. progress!
  • Reply 93 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AdyB View Post

Download took 8 mins on my 4s, preparing update took about 30/40 minutes, it has now restarted and am waiting for the progress bar to ... err .. progress!

Lol ! what do you live right inside the Apple's Data center's rolling out updates :D ?

• Reply 94 of 247
    adybadyb Posts: 205member
    UK & I didn't start until 18.06 local time!!
  • Reply 95 of 247

My iPhone 5 just finished installing (iPad not even close) and I'm getting my first look at IOS 7 now. Looks really cool, but I'll need a few days to play with it before I can say whether it was worth the wait or not. Think I'll turn on iTunes Radio and listen to some music while I wait for my iPad to catch up ;)

• Reply 96 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

Its the same as the GM that was released a week or so ago. This has already been confirmed by others. 7.0.1 has been released for the iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s however. 

Does that mean the developers who already downloaded GM version , will see "your software is already up to date" , and he wont get any downloads today ?

• Reply 97 of 247

Ugh....  download onto my iPhone 4 was done by 1:10....  but still.....preparing.....update............Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....... 

• Reply 98 of 247

Yeah. Download took 6 mins. Installation 15 mins. Its running smooth and i like it.

• Reply 99 of 247
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikilok View Post

Does that mean the developers who already downloaded GM version , will see "your software is already up to date" , and he wont get any downloads today ?

That is correct. If for some reason you wanted to update you'd have to do it through iTunes and force it because to Apple, you already have iOS 7 installed. 

• Reply 100 of 247

Looks like updates via iTunes (rather than 'on-device') just went live.