Apple releases iTunes 11.1 with iOS 7 support, iTunes Radio, Genius Shuffle, more

Comments

• Reply 61 of 98
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jacbec View Post

iOS 7.0 Software Update Failed on my 4s????? Tried again and still failed. Come on Apple & get your act together!

something tells me their server farm is slammed and its not happy. 

• Reply 62 of 98
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    1983 wrote: »
    I would like the option to download HD 24bit audio tracks and albums - come on Apple, Steve wanted this too! Will it ever happen?

There's an interesting article here arguing that it won't make sense to do so. This is one excerpt from it:
    http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

"192kHz considered harmful

192kHz digital music files offer no benefits. They're not quite neutral either; practical fidelity is slightly worse. The ultrasonics are a liability during playback.

Neither audio transducers nor power amplifiers are free of distortion, and distortion tends to increase rapidly at the lowest and highest frequencies. If the same transducer reproduces ultrasonics along with audible content, any nonlinearity will shift some of the ultrasonic content down into the audible range as an uncontrolled spray of intermodulation distortion products covering the entire audible spectrum. Nonlinearity in a power amplifier will produce the same effect. The effect is very slight, but listening tests have confirmed that both effects can be audible."

You are talking frequency response and he is talking dynamic range.
  • Reply 63 of 98

I think they just pulled iTunes 11.1.    www.apple.com/itunes now shows 11.0.5 again.    SW update from Mac App store fails.

• Reply 64 of 98

Now downloading again, est. 23 minutes?

• Reply 65 of 98

Servers must be getting slammed. I saw the update on the iTunes page and tried downloading 3 or 4 times but got the 253 byte file. Then I saw the update in the app store and tried to download a few times, but it also failed. I finally went back to the iTunes websites and was able to download.

Installing now, then on to ios7.

btw, spent the whole morning backing up blobs just in case. I had stayed at 6.12 for jb, but apparently someone has a jb for 6.14 ready to go, so that may be ready before the ios7 version. Just making sure I can go back in case I prefer my jb apps instead of ios7.

• Reply 66 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jacbec View Post

iOS 7.0 Software Update Failed on my 4s????? Tried again and still failed, "An error occurred downloading iOS 7.0." Come on Apple & get your act together!

I started out getting a message saying couldn't check for update.    Kept trying until it started.  Then I got the same message above once on my iPhone.  Powered it off, back on and tried again, got the cannot check for update a couple more times, but then it started.  Funny thing is I had no such issue on the iPad.  The download started and is still installing on both now.

P.S.  When I tried the update through iTunes, it kept telling me my software was up to date.  This while it was already downloading on my iPad.  Not a very smooth process this time, I have to admit.

• Reply 67 of 98

Suggestion for Apple, Next time throw all the names of the 50 states in a hat and pick 1-50, then allow downloads each hour from the 50 states – or BUY MORE SERVERS! Where are you Steve now when we need you.

• Reply 68 of 98
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member

Anybody else getting an error when they try to update to iTunes 11.1?

• Reply 69 of 98

iTunes 11.1 downloaded, but no iOS7 yet. Keep hitting check for update in iTunes but not only getting 6.1.4 for iPhone and 6.1.3 for ipad

• Reply 70 of 98
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member

elehcdn, I'm not seeing iOS 7 yet either.

• Reply 71 of 98

Now.. iTunes 11.1 is back on the website.  I just know the stress level has got to be high over there right now. Someone is freaking out at Apple trying to managing this crazy roll out.

• Reply 72 of 98

Mac App Store shows the iTunes 11.1.0 update is available (along with Xcode 5.0), but clicking Update results in an error (NSURLErrorDomain error -1102.)(102)  I saw this on two different Macs. My guess is the servers are overloaded.

• Reply 73 of 98

Downloading ios7 now.

• Reply 74 of 98

For people with multiple machines, I suggest going to the iTunes webpage and downloading iTunes there. That way you can use the dmg on all your machines without having to reaccess the servers. iOS7 downloading, but very slow. Saying 23 mins to go now and I started at least 5 mins ago.

• Reply 75 of 98
    Quote:

Originally Posted by elehcdn View Post

For people with multiple machines, I suggest going to the iTunes webpage and downloading iTunes there. That way you can use the dmg on all your machines without having to reaccess the servers. iOS7 downloading, but very slow. Saying 23 mins to go now and I started at least 5 mins ago.

I agree.  Will try to do the same with my iOS7 items via iTunes.  At least I have a few devices which are the same kind and I can restart d/l if something goofs up mid transfer. 

I honestly dont ever recall being so excited and happy to finally download iTunes. ;-P

• Reply 76 of 98

No iTunes Radio in Canada :'(

• Reply 77 of 98

Too bad. I am an ex-pat living in LA and I am currently listening to Marc Jordan Radio! ;-)

• Reply 78 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GadgetCanadaV2 View Post

No iTunes Radio in Canada :'(

Yet ... These things always get pushed to 3rd world countries a bit later. ;-)

• Reply 79 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muadibe View Post

I started out getting a message saying couldn't check for update.    Kept trying until it started.  Then I got the same message above once on my iPhone.  Powered it off, back on and tried again, got the cannot check for update a couple more times, but then it started.  Funny thing is I had no such issue on the iPad.  The download started and is still installing on both now.

P.S.  When I tried the update through iTunes, it kept telling me my software was up to date.  This while it was already downloading on my iPad.  Not a very smooth process this time, I have to admit.

Not very smooth? Has the world seen this kind of demand before? Over 200M devices (300M?) to be updated. Who knows how many instances of iTunes. Then you have thousands and thousands and thousands of apps all releasing updates. Superbowl hasn't been this popular. I hear even NSA is having trouble completing their downloads.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jacbec View Post

Suggestion for Apple, Next time throw all the names of the 50 states in a hat and pick 1-50, then allow downloads each hour from the 50 states – or BUY MORE SERVERS! Where are you Steve now when we need you.

Oh sure, server-side of things worked much better when Jobs was in charge. Not. But seriously, this may well be going as well as can be.

• Reply 80 of 98

I have iTunes 11.1 but I notice the icon is not high quality or high res, quite pixelly.  Can anyone else confirm this is the case with them also, or is it just me?  Especially with the Dock zoom, using a 27" iMac, when next to the Mac App Store icon it looks terrible.