Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more

Comments

• Reply 161 of 247

127 Hrs left to download on iPad 3??????

• Reply 162 of 247
    tjwaltjwal Posts: 404member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tjwal View Post

Download took about 90 minutes, now it is verifying update.  It damn well better verify!!!  Crap now it is saying update is not available and to try later. verifying again.....

15 minutes later and numerous install, agree to terms (why do I have to agree twice?) verifying, fails etc.   and it has now rebooted.

• Reply 163 of 247
    Downloaded in 20 minutes but its taking over 30 to verify. Wtf.
  • Reply 164 of 247
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    bio9 wrote: »
    Downloaded in 20 minutes but its taking over 30 to verify. Wtf.

Hang in there. I had 27 verification fails but finally it finished. :)
  • Reply 165 of 247
    Yeah. I know it's the server getting hammered. The frustrating part is that whenever a new update comes out I have minimal time to update and try out stuff. I won't really get to use it until tomorrow. I have classes to teach tonight.

That's what I get for having a fan boy problem
  • Reply 166 of 247
    mm1337 wrote: »
    Can someone who succesfully updated to iOS 7 from iOS 6 or older please send me in personal message 

Model : iPhone 5

Version : 7.0 (11A465)

example

Comeone guys :D

I did already

Do you want one from each device or is the iPad I sent enough?
  • Reply 167 of 247

Each device that gets iOS7 but you are only one who did it :/

• Reply 168 of 247
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member

Strange, seems trolls having trouble and lengthy waits. Strange. Wonder why? :-)

• Reply 169 of 247
    mhikl wrote: »
    Strange, seems trolls having trouble and lengthy waits. Strange. Wonder why? :)

I was thinking the same thing but to be fair, I had a ton of start overs and if you didn't know how to it could be confusing. I just selected a different option in Settings, went back to Software Update, agreed again and started over ... probably 50 times ... but several gin and tonics later I got it :)

BTW I already had the GM on several devices but was updating all my wife's devices today. Even us Devs have to suffer too ;)
  • Reply 170 of 247

Just updated to 10.8.5 - download really fast. Love the new look. Snappier?!

• Reply 171 of 247
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    My iPad mini has been giving me download failures all afternoon, and now it's saying 6.1.3 is up to date.

Has anyone gotten the iPad upgrade to work, or was there a problem and Apple pulled it?
  • Reply 172 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mm1337 View Post

Can someone who succesfully updated to iOS 7 from iOS 6 or older please send me in personal message 

Model : iPhone 5

Version : 7.0 (11A465)

example

On the Dev website it used to say "GM"...now it says "release version"...and iOS 7 Build: 11A465.  So the latest GM version IS the same as the "release version."

• Reply 173 of 247
    limeymick wrote: »
    Just updated to 10.8.5 - download really fast. Love the new look. Snappier?!

You ain't seen not'in yet ...10.9 screams :)
  • Reply 174 of 247
    @tiger wrote: »
    On the Dev website it used to say "GM"...now it says "release version"...and iOS 7 Build: 11A465.  So the latest GM version IS the same as the "release version."

Isn't that par for the course?
  • Reply 175 of 247
    Still downloading...  "Preparing Update"

Passing the time watching old TV clips on YouTube... The Monkeys... Gilligan's Island...  Makes it impossible to be stressed out about a slow download...  and being awake all night with work looming in a few hours...

I found a few G & Ts helped ...

OMG it isn't 5 yet!
  • Reply 176 of 247
    The good news is if Apple's servers are being hit this hard iOS7 is destined to be a very successful launch. See Microsoft and Google ... quality, innovation and just being darned nice helps. :)

Can't wait to Gatorguy's ever so polite response from Google HQ. :)
  • Reply 177 of 247

Took me multiple tries and a handful of failures but finally got it after about two hours. 

Wow this is a bit jarring. The movement of things is different. Wasn't expecting that. Will take a little getting used to. 

• Reply 178 of 247

* iTunes Radio is available only in selected countries.....

Which is to say like ... one.

• Reply 179 of 247
    pinolo wrote: »
    * iTunes Radio is available only in selected countries.....

Which is to say like ... one.

But the good news is it's really good in that 'one' ... :) (I emigrated for reasons just like this!)

Seriously, I'm sure its coming to the outer regions of the known Universe soon.
  • Reply 180 of 247
    gtr wrote: »
    Good morning, everyone.

You're all looking considerably more pastelly than before...

That's because we all just Samsunged iOS7 from Apple.