Apple releases iTunes 11.1 with iOS 7 support, iTunes Radio, Genius Shuffle, more

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 98
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member

Something is a bit off with iTunes Radio.    I create a Daft Punk radio station, first song is by Daft Punk.. ok obvious genre match. next song is "Staying Alive" by the the Bee Gees.  lol.   I better go read that AI article about Apple looking to hire a genre "expert".

• Reply 82 of 98

I'm not surprised - DaftPunk is stealing a lot from the Disco era ... and after all, on Random Access Memories they do have a tribute song to Giorgio Moroder ...

• Reply 83 of 98

OK, upgraded my iPhone 5 and the iPad mini is rebooting. I need the JBs for my iPad3 since I use a BT keyboard and mouse. Think it's time for a cleaning of my ios devices, so I'll add apps as I need them instead of restoring a backup. Only problem is that I was only updating apps directly on the iOS devices ... wonder how slow the app server is going to be to upgrade them all in iTunes.

• Reply 84 of 98
    jacbec wrote: »
    Suggestion for Apple, Next time throw all the names of the 50 states in a hat and pick 1-50, then allow downloads each hour from the 50 states – or BUY MORE SERVERS! Where are you Steve now when we need you.

The world is bigger than the US. Way too big for you, I'd say.
  • Reply 85 of 98
    elehcdn wrote: »
    OK, upgraded my iPhone 5 and the iPad mini is rebooting. I need the JBs for my iPad3 since I use a BT keyboard and mouse. Think it's time for a cleaning of my ios devices, so I'll add apps as I need them instead of restoring a backup. Only problem is that I was only updating apps directly on the iOS devices ... wonder how slow the app server is going to be to upgrade them all in iTunes.

You should've done that yesterday then, but ok, now too late. I'd say wait till tomorrow, things will most definitely have settled down by then. I usually update software like this the day after release, and it's speed is normal then. Just updated to iOS7 today and its speed was ok, but not 'fast'.
  • Reply 86 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StruckPaper View Post

Yet ... These things always get pushed to 3rd world countries a bit later. ;-)

LOL!!!

• Reply 87 of 98

when is itunes radio, etc going to be released for Apple TV?

• Reply 88 of 98
    when is itunes radio, etc going to be released for Apple TV?

Right now it's US only. I guess they'll first want it available on mobile iOS in more countries before moving to the living. Besides, Apple doesn't get to dictate this.
  • Reply 89 of 98
    [QUOTE][B]Your selection contains more than one kind of media.[/B]

All items must be the same kind in order to view or edit them together.[/QUOTE]

Apparently Apple is making more changes to iTunes just because? iTunes 11.1(126) just broke my podcast regime. I listen to an average of 6-8 hours of podcasts per day. Most I download from the iTunes Store, others I get direct from the artists' websites. Those files import as music, but I change them every day to podcasts. That is until today with a brand new iTunes 11.1, which I downloaded so I can retain compatibility with my forthcoming iPhone 5S. Now I cannot make a mass change of media to Podcast. WHAT THE H@!!? Who thought this was a good idea?

It's bad enough that iTunes 9 broke the ability to manually re-order items in a playlist meaning that I have to spend 10 minutes per day simply renaming my media ("ABC Podcast" --> "13-09-19 ABC Podcast") so they play in order.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
  • Reply 90 of 98
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Perhaps this can help you out a little

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/
  • Reply 91 of 98
    Apparently Apple is making more changes to iTunes just because? iTunes 11.1(126) just broke my podcast regime. I listen to an average of 6-8 hours of podcasts per day. Most I download from the iTunes Store, others I get direct from the artists' websites. Those files import as music, but I change them every day to podcasts. That is until today with a brand new iTunes 11.1, which I downloaded so I can retain compatibility with my forthcoming iPhone 5S. Now I cannot make a mass change of media to Podcast. WHAT THE H@!!? Who thought this was a good idea?

It's bad enough that iTunes 9 broke the ability to manually re-order items in a playlist meaning that I have to spend 10 minutes per day simply renaming my media ("ABC Podcast" --> "13-09-19 ABC Podcast") so they play in order.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Why can't you do a "mass change on podcasts?" I can still edit them. And you might have trouble reordering a smart playlist, but if you are talking about a manual playlist, the only thing that would prevent it is if you have shuffle on. You can still drag and drop to reorder tracks.
  • Reply 92 of 98
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post
    4) Disabling 'Limit Ad Tracking' is a nice touch

Ah, good; I’m not the only one to notice that. It’s just for iTunes Radio, yeah? I couldn’t think of any other reason iTunes would need it.

• Reply 93 of 98
    4) Disabling 'Limit Ad Tracking' is a nice touch

Ah, good; I’m not the only one to notice that. It’s just for iTunes Radio, yeah? I couldn’t think of any other reason iTunes would need it.

I'm not too certain as iTunes Radio is a US-only service. There are ads in the Internet radiation streams, perhaps it's used there.
  • Reply 94 of 98
    I'm not too certain as iTunes Radio is a US-only service. There are ads in the Internet radiation streams, perhaps it's used there.

But there have always been ads on those stations. They’re just the data downstream; nothing intelligent about them (like iAds or Google ads can be).

• Reply 95 of 98
    But there have always been ads on those stations. They’re just the data downstream; nothing intelligent about them (like iAds or Google ads can be).

You're right. And I can't find an answer. Also not in last years' thread
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/152573/apple-adds-new-limit-ad-tracking-feature-to-ios-6
  • Reply 96 of 98
    You're right. And I can't find an answer. Also not in last years' thread

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/152573/apple-adds-new-limit-ad-tracking-feature-to-ios-6

Easiest thing to assume is that it’s just iTunes Radio.

• Reply 97 of 98
    Easiest thing to assume is that it’s just iTunes Radio.

Must be. Makes sense to not create a localized version just for the US. Just look at the mess MS is in with their language packs.
  • Reply 98 of 98

NO, it's not just for iTunes Radio. It's an iTunes wide problem. Highlighting multiple files to make tagging changes now gets an error, well, some of the time - and even if doing so to the same type of file like Voice Memos for example, then trying to make a tagging change to several at the same time no longer works. Result: I get the error "your selection contains more than one kind of media".  Why? Fix this!