Review roundup: iPhone 5s with iOS 7 best smartphone available, 5c offers well-built alternative

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 110
    1983 wrote: »
    I'm very curious to know why the 5C display seems to be better than that on the 5S?

You should read the review from Anand:

• Reply 102 of 110
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Who 's got the chip? 

Apple got the chip, the 64bit chip, ain't nobody can touch dat.

• Reply 103 of 110
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Apple got the chip, the 64bit chip, ain't nobody can touch dat.

all the droid fan people are saying, so what, no big deal, it's coming soon to android too, ain't that hard to do, no problem, etc. etc. ...

it will be very interesting to see what actually happens, and when.

same goes for the Touch ID fingerprint sensor. you KNOW that as of today every major OEM in the world is in a total panic to get one of their own ASAP - it's the 5s' "killer" feature. sales of high end Android phones are going to plummet until they catch up.

it will be very interesting to see if they actually work as well.

• Reply 104 of 110
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

all the droid fan people are saying, so what, no big deal, it's coming soon to android too, ain't that hard to do, no problem, etc. etc. ...

it will be very interesting to see what actually happens, and when.

same goes for the Touch ID fingerprint sensor. you KNOW that as of today every major OEM in the world is in a total panic to get one of their own ASAP - it's the 5s' "killer" feature. sales of high end Android phones are going to plummet until they catch up.

it will be very interesting to see if they actually work as well.

...and whether Samsung's attempts to mimic the round sensor will throw them back into infringing Apple's design patents territory.

• Reply 105 of 110
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    hill60 wrote: »
    ...and whether Samsung's attempts to mimic the round sensor will throw them back into infringing Apple's design patents territory.

C'mon, Apple now wants to patent circles? /s
  • Reply 106 of 110

Maybe someone has already made a comment on it, but it seems like there are usually more speculation reports on stock levels, on the 5c it now shows 3-5 day shipping versus delivery on 9/20. It also seemed to show that the unlocked versions sold out first ,or maybe they just had less inventory. It seems like that would raises apples stock price as well and curb fears that the 5C wasn't selling.

• Reply 107 of 110
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

of course SS will almost duplicate the Apple design verbatim ASAP. they figure any patent lawsuit will take years, and by then it won't matter anyway - they'll finally have their own design ready.

that's how they do business.

• Reply 108 of 110
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by StruckPaper View Post

Strictly speaking, accountants do the write-downs :)

I know that, and you know that, but it didn't work with the joke so I modified it more than a Samsung Inventory Shipping Officer modifies his figures...

;)

• Reply 109 of 110
    Cant wait till my 5s comes in! That fingerprint scanner is so cool! I just pledged to a project on kickstarter for a gold cable to match my phone. I'm so stoked! Check it out at http://juici.es/ks