Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more

Comments

• Reply 201 of 247
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member

OK, which of you broke Siri?!  This is the longest relationship I've had in years!  Damn you!

PS:  Siri, while she was working, was HUGELY improved.  

• Reply 202 of 247
    I really wanted to like iOS 7. Even after reading numerous complaints that the
    sneak previews looked like an Android knockoff. After experiencing iOS 7 for
    myself, I can sincerely say that Jon Ive should be fired! iOS 7 looks like a
    bastardized version of Android for kindergarten kids! Many of the icons look
    like they were drawn by my four year old! In particular the button icons. The
    bookmarks icon is a square with a line through it. Really? Most of the
    applications look "anemic", featuring boring childish icons with a washed out
    white background.

I used to LOVE the 3D look and feel of the previous versions of iOS. I can't
    believe Apple released iOS 7 thinking that consumers would actually embrace it.
    Apple is loosing it. They are out of touch with what consumers want. iOS 7
    represents one of the worst cases of "ive tower syndrome" I have ever seen!

AND THERE IS STILL NO MISSED PHONE CALL ALERT!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 203 of 247
    Downloaded and installed smoothly on my ipad mini. But man, the new look and feel crappy. If id know its so bad, I would not upgrade. Is there way to go back and revert?
  • Reply 204 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury99 View Post

Downloaded and installed smoothly on my ipad mini. But man, the new look and feel crappy. If id know its so bad, I would not upgrade. Is there way to go back and revert?

You had like gazillion of ss on web :D

Its not ugly. You just need to get used to it.

I personaly LOVE IT. I wish it could be all black and white for example.

And as for upgrade. No you cant go back/

• Reply 205 of 247
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mercury99 View Post

Is there way to go back and revert?

Before I discovered that translucency was NOT working on my IP5 ("reset all settings fixed that), I was ready to ditch my phone and iOS7.  It was gawd awful.  Whatever was screwed up on my phone was making the colors WAY more saturated and garish as well as preventing translucency.  I am now much more satisfied with the new UI.

I did read a thread on MacRumors where at least one user DID roll back to a previous backup successfully.  

David

• Reply 206 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dtidmore View Post

Before I discovered that translucency was NOT working on my IP5 ("reset all settings fixed that), I was ready to ditch my phone and iOS7.  It was gawd awful.  Whatever was screwed up on my phone was making the colors WAY more saturated and garish as well as preventing translucency.  I am now much more satisfied with the new UI.

I did read a thread on MacRumors where at least one user DID roll back to a previous backup successfully.  

David

Using regular methods you CAN'T go back to iOS 6 because Apple is not signing it anymore.  On pre A5 you can even restore it to iOS which was there when shipped. But later you cant simply because it demands Apple to sign it, which Apple doesnt. Apple only signs latest version of software :)

• Reply 207 of 247
    timbit wrote: »
    Gahhh!!!! 2.9 GB need to be free???? Definitely getting 32GB next time
    Its requiring me 3.2 gb, this is like half a 8gb iPhone 4 (I'm using a 16 gb iPhone 5 but was very tempted for 32gb)

aaronj wrote: »
    OK, which of you broke Siri?!  This is the longest relationship I've had in years!  Damn you!

PS:  Siri, while she was working, was HUGELY improved.  
    Probably over loaded like everything else
    mercury99 wrote: »
    if you have not backed up yet, wipe memory and use your backup before IOS 7.

I can't deal with wiping 3.2 gb of stuff for this, so I might try tomorow
  • Reply 208 of 247
    Must be Chinese population hogging the bloody servers........lol!

Can't get anything at all. Only thing that I can download is iTunes 11.1 and that's about it.....

Start an Internet rumor that the iOS 7 download contains secret messages promoting a free Tibet. That'll stop all download traffic from China, cold. ;)
  • Reply 209 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

I am sorry, what backup?

• Reply 210 of 247

My battery has dropped 20% in 1 hour...I'm on the 4S.. hmmmm

• Reply 211 of 247
    I am sorry, what backup?

1. You cannot go back to iOS 6.
    2. You cannot go back to iOS 6.
    3. You cannot go back to iOS 6.
  • Reply 212 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mm1337 View Post

1. You cannot go back to iOS 6.

2. You cannot go back to iOS 6.

3. You cannot go back to iOS 6.

OK. I am downloading the iTunes upgrade. May be I do have a backup.

• Reply 213 of 247
    OK. I am downloading the iTunes upgrade. May be I do have a backup.

Dude you can have cure for AIDS but you wont get to restore to iOS 6 :)

Backup is not backup of iOS its backup of its contents (sms,apps,settings etc).

And even if somehow with help of God or Darth Vader you do restore to iOS6. You wont be able to restore backup from iOS 7 to iOS 6 :)
  • Reply 214 of 247
    Quote:

Its requiring me 3.2 gb, this is like half a 8gb iPhone 4 (I'm using a 16 gb iPhone 5 but was very tempted for 32gb)

Probably over loaded like everything else

I can't deal with wiping 3.2 gb of stuff for this, so I might try tomorow

Umm ... my usage didn't increase anywhere NEAR 3.2GB.  I don't know what you're looking at, but it certainly didn't use that much on my iPhone (or iPad, for that matter).

And you don't think that I understood that Siri's problems were a situation caused by overload?  Really?  Does everything need to end with a "/s" these days?

EDIT: YAY!  Siri is back.  I can rest soundly tonight. ;)

• Reply 215 of 247

Not happy they force to download iTunes 11.1, I been holding onto and using  10.7 because I don't like the revamped iTunes. Still have the 10.7 install, hope I can re-install and it works with my updated phone. At the very least I hope 11.1 is better than the first revamped iTunes from last year.

• Reply 216 of 247
    Not happy they force to download iTunes 11.1, I been holding onto and using  10.7 because I don't like the revamped iTunes. Still have the 10.7 install, hope I can re-install and it works with my updated phone. At the very least I hope 11.1 is better than the first revamped iTunes from last year.
    You can always make iTunes look like old (I do). Just turn on sidebar,status bar and rest ;)
  • Reply 217 of 247

Love it so far. Ditched Pandora in favor of iRadio. Ditched Weather Channel in favor of Weather. The UI design choices (color palette, font) will take some getting used to, but that will happen.

• Reply 218 of 247

Have only updated my iPad mini so far... will hold off for a while for the phone and the iPad.

The new appearance is going to take a lot of getting used to, and I usually like new things.  

• Reply 219 of 247
    How come the update took 15 minutes on iPhone 2 iPhone 4 but is taking 12 hours on iPhone 5?
  • Reply 220 of 247
    Quote:

How come the update took 15 minutes on iPhone 2 iPhone 4 but is taking 12 hours on iPhone 5?

No idea.  It took about 25 minutes for me.  It seems weird that it would be busier now than when I did it (soon after it became available).  But who the heck knows?

Hopefully it will jump down to a reasonable time soon.  Good luck, man.