First high quality unboxing videos of iPhone 5c, rare gold 5s hit the Web

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member

I don't quite understand the gold color obsession. It will be covered up by the case.

• Reply 22 of 34
    jd_in_sb wrote: »
    I don't quite understand the gold color obsession. It will be covered up by the case.

I never put mine in a case. Guess for my situation, you don't have a case.
    sranger wrote: »
    Ordered the wife a gold one and me a black one just after 3:00am my time... Got in the 1-3 day shipping lot.... Should get them by the end of the month...

I am still a little worried about the screen size, but I can always sell it if I cannot read it.....

Be sure to check out the Accessibility options. Some native apps and 3rd party that support it as well can be set to use a larger font.
  • Reply 23 of 34
    [quote]...rare...[/quote]

Remind me how many million they intend to manufacture.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jd_in_sb View Post

I've had an original iPhone, an iPhone 3GS, an iPhone 4S, an iPhone 5, and now I'll have an iPhone 5S in a week-and-a-half or so.

I've never, ever used a case.  Not everyone does.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    sranger wrote: »
    Ordered the wife a gold one and me a black one just after 3:00am my time... Got in the 1-3 day shipping lot.... Should get them by the end of the month...

I am still a little worried about the screen size, but I can always sell it if I cannot read it.....

The new iOS 7 allows you to adjust the font size in the Settings app, under "general." I goosed the font size up a bit and enjoyed the user experience immensely. I have a rather bad stigmatism and 70 year old eyeballs. I think you should have no problem either.
  • Reply 26 of 34
    This makes me laugh so much. I'm an initiate of the cult of Apple, but for heavens sake.

This kind of portentousness in the video is really so funny, hilarious if you believe this is just a phone we are looking at.

I have to remind myself its not really a phone, but a black mirror onto our mirror worlds with a billion transistors inside it, its easy to forget when you watch a video like that.
  • Reply 27 of 34
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I'm starting to really like the white/gold iPhone with iOS7....Elegance (HW) meets elagance (SW). Apple really has produced the best, by far, smartphone.

Reminds me of just how beautiful the MBA's current iteration is. Apple really mastered the art of making a portable computer.

And don't forget the latest iMac.

I'd disagree with iMac, agree with iPhone and Air though. All of which I own. I sold my iMac because of how unhappy I was with the way my iTunes music was being funnelled down through that cone-like-sounding narrow chin. Apple is all about experiences. In that sense the iMac for me was a bag experience. And I've been an iMac owner and evangelist for 10 years. Apple form over function at its worst in years.

I LOVE the new Air though.
  • Reply 28 of 34
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Funny how I didn't want a gold iPhone 5s before and now that they are impossible to get, I want a gold iPhone 5s.

Women are like that.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    oscarg wrote: »
    Video of taking a product out of a box. THAT IS PATHETIC.

It's quite a common thing on Youtube. It can actually be quite helpful when you decide to buy things online. Like if you buy a new mouse or external hard drive, you don't always get an idea of the product from the marketing pages especially physical product dimensions. Sometimes hard drives have designs that look like metal but are actually metal-looking plastic. It's generally not an obsessive kind of thing, just a way to let people see what's inside the package before you get it. These particular videos reuse Apple's official audio tracks over and over, which is annoying but it's just a young kid doing it.
  • Reply 30 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Women are like that.

Ouch

• Reply 31 of 34
    Marvin wrote: »
    It's quite a common thing on Youtube. It can actually be quite helpful when you decide to buy things online. Like if you buy a new mouse or external hard drive, you don't always get an idea of the product from the marketing pages especially physical product dimensions. Sometimes hard drives have designs that look like metal but are actually metal-looking plastic. It's generally not an obsessive kind of thing, just a way to let people see what's inside the package before you get it. These particular videos reuse Apple's official audio tracks over and over, which is annoying but it's just a young kid doing it.

All true, but we didn't get to see much. Nothing about the headphones, power adapter, cable. Some might wonder if there's an installation CD.

Kidding, but do we even know if that kid at the end made this, or is that a presumption?
  • Reply 32 of 34
    I can't express how annoyed I am by these "unboxing" videos. If you have the products why aren't you showing them correctly? Artsy video shots and stupid random videos. Wtf?
  • Reply 33 of 34
    Missed the /s... I haven't been on any forums for quite some time; apparently I need to brush up on the latest protocols... :-)

Apologies, I did miss /s, which I do know what abbrev. means, but just missed it
  • Reply 34 of 34

Here's also a beatiful video review that gives a nice look at the white 5S 16GB