Day-one iOS 7.0.1 update for iPhone 5s & 5c patches launch bugs

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Users booting up their newly released iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c on Friday will be prompted to install a minor operating system update, intended to squash a few minor bugs Apple discovered with its latest handsets.

Touch ID

iOS 7.0.1 is exclusive to the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c. It was actually released alongside iOS 7.0 on Wednesday, but did not affect users until Friday, when the new handsets were actually made available to the public.

The update is said to address an issue with the new Touch ID sensor found on the new iPhone 5s. Walt Mossberg of AllThingsD noted in his iPhone 5s review that Apple was planning to quickly release a patch to fix a minor bug related to using the fingerprint scanner for iTunes purchases.

Officially, Apple has said that the minor update simply includes "bug fixes and improvements." It's unknown how iOS 7.0.1 affects the iPhone 5c, which lacks the Touch ID sensor embedded in the home button.

iOS 7.0.1 can be installed as an over-the-air update via the iPhone's Settings application, or through iTunes when connected to a Mac or PC running the newly released iTunes 11.1.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    So, CC bug fix in 7.0.2 then?
  • Reply 2 of 46
    what is the CC bug?
  • Reply 3 of 46

control center bug which allows access with passcode enabled.

• Reply 4 of 46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaSmith View Post

control center bug which allows access with passcode enabled.

AAaahhh ok thanks. 

• Reply 5 of 46

I'm disappointed, I thought it would be for all iPhones. I have a 4S and an iPad 3, and I do get regular crashes (goes back to white Apple logo and resets) throughout the day. OSXdaily had warned users not to upgrade until fixes were released, but I was way too excited to wait any longer - I can put up with it for a while, as the rest is just pure bliss, but it's annoying.

• Reply 6 of 46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonMTL View Post

I'm disappointed, I thought it would be for all iPhones. I have a 4S and an iPad 3, and I do get regular crashes (goes back to white Apple logo and resets) throughout the day. OSXdaily had warned users not to upgrade until fixes were released, but I was way too excited to wait any longer - I can put up with it for a while, as the rest is just pure bliss, but it's annoying.

I find it quite stable, but thats on a 5.  I have never seen a spurious reset ever, and have beta tested it for at least a month.  Thats crazy.

• Reply 7 of 46
    You do realize that it's a personal choice in settings whether you want the Control Center to be accessible when the phone is locked, right?
    It's a feature, not a bug ;)
  • Reply 8 of 46

I updated my 4s to iOS 7 minutes after it was available; love it!

I got up at 2am CT and ordered my phone a few minutes after as soon as the refresh brought the store back up.

Got the 32gb Space Gray 5s.

Ships 1-3, arrives Sep30 to Oct2.... can't wait!!

No issues with iOS 7... not a huge fan of everything, but no issues.  Battery drains like any new OS.. BECAUSE I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN!!!

• Reply 9 of 46
    Lars you beat me to it, I was just about to say that this is a great feature and not a bug
  • Reply 10 of 46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lars Pallesen View Post

You do realize that it's a personal choice in settings whether you want the Control Center to be accessible when the phone is locked, right?

It's a feature, not a bug image

Dude, you don't know about this issue.

The bug is that some one can access without authorization to some applications like Mail and Photos. And Control Center is used as a gateway, even though there is a password set. (Features of Control Center are not an issue - you are right here. But access to other apps which are not part of Control Center - are a security bug).
  • Reply 11 of 46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Urahara View Post

Dude, you don't know about this issue.

The bug is that some one can access without authorization to some applications like Mail and Photos. And Control Center is used as a gateway, even though there is a password set. (Features of Control Center are not an issue - you are right here. But access to other apps which are not part of Control Center - are a security bug).

In settings you can disable the control center access from the lock screen which closes this hole.  Thats what he was trying to say.

Of course, who wants to disable it from the lock screen, thats one of the best features of ios 7.

• Reply 12 of 46

No issues with iOS7 on my iPhone 5. Can't say the same for my otherwise reliable iPad 2, which now runs and lags like some cheap Android phone. C'est la vie. 

• Reply 13 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdub52MOsox View Post

I updated my 4s to iOS 7 minutes after it was available; love it!

I got up at 2am CT and ordered my phone a few minutes after as soon as the refresh brought the store back up.

Got the 32gb Space Gray 5s.

Ships 1-3, arrives Sep30 to Oct2.... can't wait!!

You need to get out more.

• Reply 14 of 46

Thank you, early adopters! Keep up the good work.  Maybe by Halloween iOS 7 will be ready for me to install on my iphone5 without too many spooky bugs.  :)

• Reply 15 of 46
    Has iOS7 been released yet?

Blimey - Apple kept that quiet didn't they?
  • Reply 16 of 46
    nairbnairb Posts: 253member

My wife and daughter both updated yesterday. Wife on iPhone 5 - no problems at all. My daughter on 4s is having all sorts of problems. Her main complaint thought is she thinks it looks like her old HTC Desire screens which she hated.

• Reply 17 of 46

How soon until the rest of us get a bug fix update, because some apps are definitely a touch rough around the edges - I logged two Contacts app bugs a couple of hours ago.

1. You can no longer enter an address with more than two Street lines because you get a maximum of 2 street line fields instead of getting an extra one every time you start to type in the last one like you did on previous iOS release and still do on the icloud.com contacts "app". If you try and edit an existing contact address with more than two Street lines they show up in view mode but edit mode only shows you the first 2 so edit mode hides parts of the address - while it does seem to retain the hidden lines on save you can't edit them as they aren't visible.

2. I also found that using a bluetooth keyboard to tab out of any of the address fields in Edit mode crashes the app and throws you back to the home screen. Tabbing around in the same way works fine in the name / phone / email fields.

I also don't understand why you can't scale / move a photo you want to set as wallpaper when the parallax effect is turned on - it still prompts you to do it even though it won't let you and I had my iPad crash so badly it rebooted while trying to get an image to scale last night! I've since found out that if you turn on "Reduce Motion" (turn off the parallax effect) in the Accessibility settings then scaling / moving works perfectly but if you then turn it back off (parallax back on) it keeps your image but throws your scale / move changes away... 

• Reply 18 of 46
    No fix for the move and scale bug yet. It's surprising how annoying this is.
  • Reply 19 of 46
    Haven't had any stability issues with either my 4S or my mini. The only thing I've noticed is cropping of custom wallpapers but that about it (turning of 3D effect help some but not completely). Otherwise really like iOS 7
  • Reply 20 of 46

Answer: Backup your phone/iPad to icloud and do a RESTORE.
    This will resolve your issue.