Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more

1789101113»

Comments

• Reply 241 of 247
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,211member
    philboogie wrote: »
    6.1.4 I believe, but now I'm really fukcing ants (= Dutch equivalent to splitting hairs)

Ah,, quite right sir. Thanks for catching that.
  • Reply 242 of 247
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why should they? And it’s in the exact same place; how’s it less obvious?

Usability. Onscreen keyboards that change the letters to match what there going to output are easier to use, particularly when you think the keyboards going to turn caps on for you and it hasn't. Plus it just makes sense, why display a capital A on a key when its going to output lower case a.

The shift key is less obviously on as it's not bright blue when its on any more. Now it's just the shift symbol filled in rather than an outline with no colour difference. The colour contrast made it stand out, now it blends in with the other keys irrespective of state.

• Reply 243 of 247
    Originally Posted by Tom Acton View Post

Battery life has been hammered on my iPhone 4S since upgrading. I went to bed with 93% charge, awoke with 7% only 7 hrs later. Wifi and Bluetooth were both off, and the only apps running were phone, messages, email (fetch, not push), and clock. Haven't we been here before, Apple???

What are you doing going to sleep without plugging your device in?!

Originally Posted by timgriff84 View Post

Onscreen keyboards that change the letters to match what there going to output are easier to use, particularly when you think the keyboards going to turn caps on for you and it hasn't. Plus it just makes sense, why display a capital A on a key when its going to output lower case a.

Because all keyboards, ever, have done that. It’s easier to read upper than lower, and the shift key still has its body change color when you’ve caps locked. 

with no color difference. 

It’s darker.

The colour contrast made it stand out, now it blends in with the other keys irrespective of state.

Except when it’s on…

• Reply 244 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because all keyboards, ever, have done that. It’s easier to read upper than lower, and the shift key still has its body change color when you’ve caps locked.

Windows and Android both switch and I don't know many other popular things with touchscreen keyboards.

Personally I just find the keyboards that switch the letters to be what your typing easier as your never type something wrong in that way with them. When you use both types of keyboard it creates a little annoyance with the iOS keyboard whenever you have to backspace to correct it. When I only had iOS devices it never bothered me, but as you have an experience more things you start to notice small things that can be better a different way.

• Reply 245 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by timgriff84 View Post

Windows and Android both switch and I don't know many other popular things with touchscreen keyboards.

Personally I just find the keyboards that switch the letters to be what your typing easier as your never type something wrong in that way with them. When you use both types of keyboard it creates a little annoyance with the iOS keyboard whenever you have to backspace to correct it. When I only had iOS devices it never bothered me, but as you have an experience more things you start to notice small things that can be better a different way.

Right. And it is also inconsistent that when you click "?123" key, it would switch, but if you click "Shift" it would not.

Also, on Galaxy S4 you don't even need to switch do get numbers - screen is big enough to accommodate them along with letters. And, you can even have cursor keys. 

• Reply 246 of 247
    mercury99 wrote: »
    screen is big enough to accommodate them along with letters.

Same with the iPhone 5. The taller screen can definitely afford another row of "1234567890" on top of the keyboard. I wonder why they didn't think to add that.

Also, what was the purpose of changing the caps lock from blue to darker grey? I don't get it. Sure, Apple was going for an overhauled OS, but it's not like that blue color was a big deal anyway. It wasn't even "skeumorphic" or whatnot.
  • Reply 247 of 247

Preferred the appearance of the older operating systems.  Do NOT at all like the anemic look to the contacts list, the callers list, the calendar, the notes, or the texting.  Dislike the childish icons - looks like it was designed by a bunch of 8-year-olds!  Rather undignified, I'd say!  :no: