Samsung spies on iPhone launch lines to pierce Apple mystique

Comments

• Reply 21 of 139
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Apple's philosophy:

Superior User Experience, end-to-end. 

It isn't really something that is easily articulated with words. 

It has to be part of your company culture. 

It has to be something like . . .   THIS:

It's about making tech *an intimate experience* for PEOPLE. 

Samsung is galaxies away from that. 

As Usual Steve really nailed it.

And for a non native speaker, the way he pronounce "third rate products", I hear at first "turd rat product" which is rather appropriate too.

• Reply 23 of 139

Sorry Samsung, even without a patent, this is one feature you will never be able to copy. :smokey:

• Reply 24 of 139
    My daughter can tell Samsung something. Improve product quality. My daughter was so sick of Note II, she waiting 9 hours in line to get new iPhone. Becacuse she has no credit history; so, she pay full price for it. She did not know that either ways she has to pay $US400 deposit.
  • Reply 25 of 139
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RogueDogRandy View Post

quality of TV - emphasis mine. I disagree, my neighbor does too. We both have a same scum flat panel tv 3-4 years old. His is a bigger POS than mine but they both have issues. Mine has to be shut off and restarted when changing channels from cable(directl line or box) so that the sound works. It loses audio constantly. My neighbor has sent his in a few times to be worked on, JUNK samescum junk.

have fun with all your samescum junk droid dorks

I have never owned a Samsung TV although they are one of the highest rated brands by Consumer Reports and others. The only Samsung product I ever owned was a 30" computer monitor which I use for AutoCad. It is pretty nice and has been very reliable since I purchased it around 2006.

• Reply 26 of 139
    quality of TV - emphasis mine. I disagree, my neighbor does too. We both have a same scum flat panel tv 3-4 years old. His is a bigger POS than mine but they both have issues. Mine has to be shut off and restarted when changing channels from cable(directl line or box) so that the sound works. It loses audio constantly. My neighbor has sent his in a few times to be worked on, JUNK samescum junk.
    have fun with all your samescum junk droid dorks
    You're giving an anecdote that says nothing about Samsung's build quality. Here is another anecdote: I'm still using a Samsung 213T LCD monitor as a secondary display for my desktop, and that has been in near constant use for 10 years (bought in early 2003). Both are just individual experiences and every manufacturer produces lemons on occasion. The nice thing about Apple (which you didn't mention) is that you can walk in with a lemon, then walk out with an apology and a replacement with no hassle whatsoever. That is what makes Apple so awesome. According to most reviews, consumer and professional alike, Samsung produces some of the most reliable flat-panels on the market. Perhaps you should have had yours serviced under warranty or purchased it from somewhere like Costco that would stand behind the sale.
  • Reply 27 of 139
    Samsung constantly makes fun of Apple but desperately wants to be Apple. Ironic...
  • Reply 28 of 139
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member

One word: plastics

• Reply 29 of 139
    Samsung is just so weird
  • Reply 30 of 139
    Oh Samsung...

if-you-have-to-ask-youll-never-know.jpg

LOL. That's GTR's job :)
  • Reply 31 of 139
    "It's only Apple. Why? We're curious."

But your question already has the answer. It's because it IS Apple.
  • Reply 32 of 139
    So Samsung makes commercials ridiculing Apple fans and [I]then[/I] they try to figure them out? Really?!

They should just copy Microsoft by giving away free concert tickets (instead of free hats) to make it at least [I]seem[/I] like people are interested in their wannabe phones.
  • Reply 33 of 139
    Hilarious. Hint: it's not a marketing problem,
    Samsung. Microsoft thinks the same way, LOL.
  • Reply 34 of 139
    I g
    mstone wrote: »
    I don't disagree with that. I only replied that the name Samsung is not universally associated with crap by the general public. It is only Apple fanatics who perceive them that way. Perhaps General Electric fans like myself also think their appliances are rubbish too but in reality they get pretty good ratings.
    I grew up with electronics. I'm passionate about it and have been buying it like crazy. but I never raise interest in Samsung products. Reason: The company never really invented anything. It's just cheaper. and the ones thats not so cheap I won't buy it either for quality reason. I've also heard a lot of bad things the company did to other companies, mostly about breaking trust and doing sneaky thing behind the back, which is pretty much in line with what they did to Apple. So over the years Samsung has been confirming what I think of the company - lack of business ethic, corrupted, strong government support. I don't know why people still buy from them.
  • Reply 35 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RogueDogRandy View Post

quality of TV - emphasis mine. I disagree, my neighbor does too. We both have a same scum flat panel tv 3-4 years old. His is a bigger POS than mine but they both have issues. Mine has to be shut off and restarted when changing channels from cable(directl line or box) so that the sound works. It loses audio constantly...

Reminds me of a company issued Samsung phone I had once.  In a meeting a number of us were complaining about them...we'd have to pull the battery out to reboot them because they'd freeze up about 1x/week.  The I.T. rep at the meeting said, "Yeah, me too...but I don't think that's so bad."  After I picked my jaw back up I pulled out my personal iPhone 3Gs and said "Do you know how many times I've had to do that with this phone?  Never!"  His reply was that he didn't like them...because you couldn't get to the battery at all.  I think he's an engineer for Samsung now.   

• Reply 36 of 139
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"Other companies release new phones, but there's not as much passion and heat," one Samsung operative said. "It's only Apple. Why? We’re curious.”

“You’ve baked a really lovely cake, but then you’ve used dog shit for frosting.”  –Steve Jobs

• Reply 37 of 139
    cpsro wrote: »
    One word: plastics

• Reply 38 of 139
    I have the Galaxy S4 and the Iphone 5 and 5S. Having used both extensively, it's my opinion that Apple makes jewel-like personal communications devices while Samsung makes walkie talkies.
  • Reply 39 of 139
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,095member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I don't know about that. They do make a lot of the parts that go into Apple products so it can't be all crap. They also build a lot of quality hardware like TVs, home appliances, and some industrial equipment. The crap part is their business ethics and their lack of creativity. The main reason Samsung phones are inferior to Apple's is that Android is crap compared to iOS.

Samsung's own end-products are complete garbage.  From their TV's, referigerators, stoves, laundry, and of course mobile devices.

While I totally acknowledge that Samsung does make key components that Apple uses like the displays and CPU chips, I firmly believe that Apple has such strict quality-control and a big hammer, that Samsung would not dare try passing-off grade-b quality parts to Apple.  Samsung can (and probably does) use cheaper-quality junk for themselves, and everyone else.

I will not purchase a Samsung product directly.  If my iPhone5 uses it, so be it, but I draw the line at directly giving Samsung my money.  Just a bunch of low-ethic convicts.
  • Reply 40 of 139
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

"Other companies release new phones, but there's not as much passion and heat," one Samsung operative said. "It's only Apple. Why? We're curious."

Nike and their Air Jordans would like to have a word with you.