Samsung spies on iPhone launch lines to pierce Apple mystique

Comments

• Reply 41 of 139
    [quote]Other companies release new phones, but there's not as much passion and heat," one Samsung operative said. "It's only Apple. Why? We're curious.[/quote]

What, so you can copy that too?!

/drops the mic and walks off stage
  • Reply 42 of 139
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Samsung's own end-products are complete garbage.  From their TV's, referigerators, stoves, laundry, and of course mobile devices.

Okay...Is that just your opinion or are there reputable experts who have published something like this? Why are their appliances so popular then? For example their refrigerators and laundry machines get 4.5 stars on both Home Depot and Lowe's.

• Reply 43 of 139
    Oh Samsung. It's just not that hard. To be Apple you need to be:

- Product and customer focused
    - Willing to work hard and avoid shortcuts
    - Honest and ethical
    - Clever

In other words, you need to be the anti-Samsung.
  • Reply 45 of 139
    They can copy the hardware and the software. But soul? That's another matter.
  • Reply 46 of 139
    Samesung could sell a million to one iPhone.
    Samesung could give me a free Galaxy.

But i don't steal like Samesung. I am not Google's fence, nor have i an ugly bad taste.

No, never ever will i hold one of their stolen pieces of shit.
  • Reply 47 of 139

This is the numero uno most risible article ever. Samsung just don't get it do they.

The simple fact that they need to ask the question tells me that they will never get it.

If you need to ask why Apple's hard and software is so loved then you'll never understand anyway.

Apple products are life affirming. I must admit it seems a little surprised that it has taken so long for Apple to be recognised by the masses.

• Reply 48 of 139

Why doesn't Samsung just leave us alone. You don't see Apple interviewing the occasional person who wanders into a shop to purchase some crap android phone asking "hey buddy, life is short, what the cuss are you bothering with that crap for"?

• Reply 49 of 139
    This is how research is done at Samsung. Next big product? The Galaxy iClone 5S.
  • Reply 50 of 139
    Dear Samsung, the Apple mystique is really quite simple: you never see customers applauding people walking out of a McDonald's. That's why you will never see customers applauding when someone walks out of a store with a Samsung phone. It's the product, stupid. Try innovating instead of imitating.
  • Reply 51 of 139
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I don't know about that. They do make a lot of the parts that go into Apple products so it can't be all crap. They also build a lot of quality hardware like TVs, home appliances, and some industrial equipment. The crap part is their business ethics and their lack of creativity. The main reason Samsung phones are inferior to Apple's is that Android is crap compared to iOS.

"Samsung make quality home appliances".  Really?  That's news to me.  I'd much rather buy German if you want quality and something not designed to fail the second the warranty expires.

• Reply 52 of 139
    Curious? More like jealous. If Samsung really wanted the lines that Apple gets for product launches then why not just pay a bunch of people to show up for their own launches. Seems like it would be something they would do.
  • Reply 53 of 139
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aussiepaul View Post

"Samsung make quality home appliances".  Really?  That's news to me.  I'd much rather buy German if you want quality and something not designed to fail the second the warranty expires.

I have all GE in my kitchens. In most places in the US and many other parts of the Americas, German made appliances such Bosch are very rare, not to mention finding parts and consumables such as water filters. I did see a Bosch dishwasher at Home Depot but I just checked and it does not appear to be for sale any longer, but that is about it. Where did you find your information about Samsung appliances failing right after the warranty expired? The Samsung warranty is the same as Bosch, 1 year parts and labor, but in the case of Bosch only if the unit is on the ground floor. If Samsung appliances consistently failed after the first year I seriously doubt they would enjoy such a high rating at the major home centers in the US.

• Reply 54 of 139
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiepaul View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I don't know about that. They do make a lot of the parts that go into Apple products so it can't be all crap. They also build a lot of quality hardware like TVs, home appliances, and some industrial equipment. The crap part is their business ethics and their lack of creativity. The main reason Samsung phones are inferior to Apple's is that Android is crap compared to iOS.

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I have a 2011 60 inch Samsung LED TV, but while the Smart Hub UI is just hilariously awful, the picture quality is excellent and it has given me no problems at all. I know several others with similar devices and no complaints - one of the reasons that I bought it. Their business ethics suck and they clearly have not the faintest idea why Apple is successful, but it does appear that at least some of their products perform well.

• Reply 55 of 139
    cpsro wrote: »
    I think it's simply the fact that it's not Samsung. Or Motorola. Or HTC. Or Nokia. Or HP. Or LG.

Apple is the original.

I do remember that there were lines for the first Motorola Droid, but after that there has been none.
  • Reply 56 of 139
    muppetry wrote: »
    I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I have a 2011 60 inch Samsung LED TV, but while the Smart Hub UI is just hilariously awful, the picture quality is excellent and it has given me no problems at all. I know several others with similar devices and no complaints - one of the reasons that I bought it. Their business ethics suck and they clearly have not the faintest idea why Apple is successful, but it does appear that at least some of their products perform well.

You should've gotten a Panasonic plasma.
  • Reply 57 of 139
    The reason is simple, quality of the product, after sales service and the great eco system. :)
  • Reply 58 of 139
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

You should've gotten a Panasonic plasma.

I compared them, and the Panasonic is very nice, but there were still reported issues at that time with the longevity of the plasma panels at high elevation.  We're at 7500 ft here.

• Reply 59 of 139
    It's not just that Apple makes a good product. I believe that people also trust Apple to make the right decision regarding their their data. For example, (just one example) people don't want to be tracked. With Android, I have no idea if Google or the software companies that have software on these devices are tracking me. I just don't know. With Apple, I think I know. I trust Apple to protect me, and that's still in large part due to Steve Jobs' legacy. I see it it many ways such as Apple's refusal to install carrier software on each phone. Does any phone manufacturer besides Apple refuse this type of software? I don't know, but I doubt it. We believe that Apple has our personal needs at the forefront, not the needs of their stockholders. With Samsung I am 100% confident that their products are designed primarily for company profit and growth. With Apple the profit motive is probably down around 33%, and I like it that way. If Samsung would ever stand out and say "We promise you will not ever be tracked if you buy our phone" then I would consider switching. But tracking is only one of several things that Apple does right and everyone else does wrong. And I'm not going to help Samsung by telling them all the things they are doing wrong. Because it has to come from the heart. Steve had a heart.
  • Reply 60 of 139
    Gonna be TV shopping pretty soon. The small one in the bedroom I'm replacing is a Samsung, which I've been fairly happy with, picturewise—the menu structure is unbelievably idiotic, but what are you gonna do?

No of course, I wouldn't buy anything from those crooks, but when it comes to chaebol business ethics, is the Lucky Group any better? Anybody know?

(No, "LG" does [I]not[/I] stand for "Life's Good".)