Apple sells out of initial iPhone 5s supply in under 2 days, shipments pushed to October

Comments

• Reply 141 of 238
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ochyming View Post

Are you sure Apple will make a biggerScreen iPhone by then?

My iPhone 5 is my secondary phone, and I use a Galaxy Note 2 as my primary phone. If Apple have not figured out by this time next year that screen size in a phone is quite an important factor, I am not sure if the Apple executives actually know what is going on in the world outside of Apple. Although this was not true maybe 2 years ago, Apple is not the only game in town anymore. There are alternatives that is equal and even better than what Apple is offering at the moment.

• Reply 142 of 238
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

No, you're typing it wrong. It's 5[s] and 5[c].

(hint: We don't actually care.)

Oh really? Should you or I inform Apple that they too are typing it wrong?

Only disingenuous or unintelligent folks go around claiming that they don't care and yet care enough to respond. Hint: Some are both.
  • Reply 143 of 238
    Oh really? Should you or I inform Apple that they too are typing it wrong?

Only disingenuous or unintelligent folks go around claiming that they don't care and yet care enough to respond. Hint: Some are both.

The OP is correct. Go look for yourself how Apple writes it.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-5c/design/
  • Reply 144 of 238
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Go look for yourself how Apple writes it.

Yes, please do.

And don’t try to give me crap about how “it’s impossible to write “correctly” using normal fonts”. It isn’t. iPhone 5?. And no, that’s not the copyright symbol.

• Reply 145 of 238
    Quote:

The OP is correct. Go look for yourself how Apple writes it.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-5c/design/

They write it iPhone 5c and not 5C, just as I said. So what's your point?

• Reply 146 of 238
    They write it iPhone 5c and not 5C, just as I said. So what's your point?

It seemed like you were arguing against it, apologies. The OP made a poor attempt and making a square using [ and ]
  • Reply 147 of 238
    Quote:

It seemed like you were arguing against it, apologies. The OP made a poor attempt and making a square using [ and ]

Np. This thread is popular and it's hard to trace. At least you admitted your mistake. Many around here would not have done so.

I wonder if Apple made it 5c and 5s because 5S looks too much like S5 in some fonts, thus creating confusing when Samsung releases their next Galaxy phone.

• Reply 148 of 238
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 1983 View Post

Yeah I suspect the 5C is going to turn out to be a flop unfortunately, its neither here nor there, it should of been cheaper, then maybe it would have a market.

I tend to agree. This may be Tim's first big blunder. (far from disaster)

People don't want to 'settle' when buying a high-end Apple device. That's why they are buying a high-end Apple device in the first place.

• Reply 149 of 238
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Didn’t sell out in 40 seconds. Apple is doomed.

"Apple sells out of initial iPhone 5s supply in under 2 days, shipments pushed to October"

Stock to tank Monday morning. News at eleven.

• Reply 150 of 238
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jakeb View Post

The new camera and fingerprint win for me.

Senator Al Franken isn't going to like this.

• Reply 151 of 238
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StruckPaper View Post

Hey folks, it's 5s, not 5S. 5c, not 5C. This matters, particularly for those selling them. :)

Looking around the internet, it's surprising how much tech pundits have the names of the new iPhones wrong.

Most tech pundits still spell it Iphone. What's your point?

• Reply 152 of 238
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

I stood in line yesterday and bought my 5S directly from my apple store. Best smartphone I've ever owned.

Today there were still lines of people waiting for 5S.

Here are my quick observations:

There was very little interest in the 5C except from children.

The 5C looked and felt like plastic. Not my cup of tea and that was a major negative point from other adults I talked to at the store.

Most 5C that actually sold (and even the Apple employees admitted it was a slow seller at the store) were parents buying for kids. Some parents opted to buy their kids 5S instead though.  

Anyway all that to say. The 5S is an amazing smartphone the most innovative small device I've ever used. Use touch ID a few times and you'll feel the magic I'm talking about. But the 5C on the other hand. Still a head scratcher in my book.

It's not helping Apple's image. It doesn't look that great. And it's not selling well. It may be selling better than last years 4S but that's not saying much IMO.

I bought my daughter a 5c yellow version and it was the last one walmart had, the sales associate told me they have sold over 300 5c's this last week on preorder and instore, so I guess its where your at. Walmart said that they sold a ton of 5c's.  Also the 5c is very solid and not cheap.  It feels like it is made from one solid peice of material.

I was just at the local apple store today and they told me they have sold over 1000 5c's, of varying colors, and about 1500 5s's which is there entire stock they dont have either phone in stock (5c or 5s).

• Reply 153 of 238
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post

You are not the only one. I really wish Apple had put the 5S hardware inside of a 5C chassis

They will next year when the 5s guts are put in the new 5c.

• Reply 154 of 238
    mechanic wrote: »
    technarchy wrote: »
    You are not the only one. I really wish Apple had put the 5S hardware inside of a 5C chassis

They will next year when the 5s guts are put in the new 5c.

Wouldn't that be 6c¿
  • Reply 155 of 238
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yakub View Post

I WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE/HELP PLEASE....

IM NOT HAPPY WITH THE WAY I AM TREATED OR SERVED AT THE APPLE STORE BY THE MANAGER AND AFEW STAFF...

INCIDENTS IN THE LAST WEEK 

ONE MEMBER OF STAFF ASKING ME WHERE I HAVE I GOT A £2000 GIFT CARD FROM? ITS A GIFT CARD WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK ITS FROM!! ALSO MIND UR OWN BUSINESS! DO YOUR JOB AND SERVE ME!! 

ALSO

WHEN I ASKED TO BUY SOME GIFT CARDS ONE MEMBER OF STAFF SAYS I CAN ONLY BUY £4000 A DAY ANOTHER SAYS £5000! MAKE YOUR MIND UP PLEASE!!

ALSO 

WHEN I WANTED THE £4000 SPILT OVER TWO GIFT CARDS I WAS TOLD ITS GOT TO BE ON ONE CARD??

WHY??? I WANT TO GIVE 4 FRIENDS £1000 GIFT CARDS EACH CAN I NOT DO THAT ?? WHY IS IT THAT YOU STOPPED ME??? 

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY COMPLAINTS PLEASE HELP ME WHERE CAN I GO TO GET HELP TO GET MORE ADVICE SO I CAN TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE COMPANY BECAUSE THERE POLICY IS BENT FOR EACH CUSTOMER!!

What a waste of space and words.  Go contact a lawyer and watch them laugh!

• Reply 156 of 238
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

That question was actually meant for Hill60 but for some reason or another it quoted you. I changed it but I guess Hill60 didn't notice.

We sold more 5s than we sold 5s.

• Reply 157 of 238
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Wouldn't that be 6c¿

Ah Yes!  You would be right.

• Reply 158 of 238
    Originally Posted by yakub View Post

I WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE/HELP PLEASE....

Buy a new keyboard first.

WHY??? I WANT TO GIVE 4 FRIENDS £1000 GIFT CARDS EACH CAN I NOT DO THAT ??

Not with two gift cards totally 4K, you can’t.

WHERE CAN I GO TO GET HELP TO GET MORE ADVICE SO I CAN TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE COMPANY

Here’s some legal advice: shush.

• Reply 159 of 238

Im a long holder of Apple.  I don't get that the stock isn't being eaten up with a PE of 12.  If they are holding back supply on release dates to create hype, I'm not down with that.  If so, that is a Beanie Baby strategy.  I am hoping they far surpassed the 5 million phones.  We'll see tomorrow.

• Reply 160 of 238
    The 5s is sold out but Apple still not getting much love from the major networks. CNN says of Apple " Samsung is still eating your lunch!" I hope those sales figures that comes out tomorrow makes them all eat something different. LOL