Adoption of Apple's iOS 7 at 32% after 48 hours, outpacing iOS 6

Comments

• Reply 121 of 171
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    philboogie wrote: »
    Saw that, thanks, but one can still put it in DFU mode and circumvent the signing issue. In this case, 'Google can be your friend'.

True, it's not impossible to install 6.x, but it sure ain't gonna be easy to "get back to where you once belonged".
  • Reply 122 of 171
    gatorguy wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »
    Saw that, thanks, but one can still put it in DFU mode and circumvent the signing issue. In this case, 'Google can be your friend'.

True, it's not impossible to install 6.x, but it sure ain't gonna be easy to "get back to where you once belonged".

True, but Apple still allows 'older devices' to be downgraded: from some jailbreak site, posted 14 hours ago. Berg, you might want to be quick:

"There is some good news for older devices though. Apple still hasn’t stopped signing iOS 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 for older devices like the iPad 2, iPad mini, the iPod touch 4 and iPhone 3GS at the time of writing this article. This means if you have one of these devices and they are running iOS 7 you should be able to downgrade."
  • Reply 123 of 171
    Originally Posted by RemE View Post

But when apple takes a year to make a long cable, then rapes for it, sheese.

Get over it. You’re obviously wrong.

I’m a stock holder… …but…

Uh huh. We believe you.

…they have tons of cash and expertise and still leave these glaring loose ends.

Did you ever think that you might be wrong, given that they’re the ones with the expertise and are making the products?

• Reply 124 of 171

I have turned on the contrast and tried the "reverse color"....   increasing creasing contrast helps...  reverse colors just looks like a photo negative.....   thanks for the tip...

• Reply 125 of 171

I do have a question though..  If everything was readable and usable in iOS 6, why should we have to turn this, that, and the other thing on, off or whatever, just so Apple and Mr Ive can do this White on White....  for example, yes... I can turn on Bold...  but then doesn't that defeat text that is really bolded?  all that is really needed if for Mr Ive and Apple to back down on the White on White thing a few notches...   just a few notches....  There are plenty of black on white or gray on white Websites that conform to Mr Ive's idea (vision) .... which are perfectly readable....  Mr Ive has just taken it a bit too far...  imho......  I accept that there are plenty of customers who like the new look..

• Reply 126 of 171

It’s not white on white in the first place. “Why should we have to change?” is a broken question. You don’t; just don’t buy it. If you don’t like how new cars are designed, don’t buy one. If you don’t like current trends in clothing, don’t buy it. You can, of course, purchase aftermarket car parts and modify, just as you can make adjustments to clothing if you’ve a sewing machine.

• Reply 127 of 171

ok.. so if I change the question to use the words "very light gray on white..." the question becomes unbroken and stands.  Could you be so kind as to try your answer again please... I'd appreciate it....

• Reply 128 of 171
    Originally Posted by jimmiek View Post
    ok.. so if I change the question to use the words "very light gray on white..." the question becomes unbroken and stands.  Could you be so kind as to try your answer again please... I'd appreciate it....

Nah, just read the one I’ve already written, because it doesn’t change.

• Reply 129 of 171

hmmmm....   laughing.....   ah! an Apple enforcement goon.... 

• Reply 130 of 171
    Originally Posted by jimmiek
    hmmmm....   laughing.....   ah! an Apple enforcement goon.... 

Shut up and get off our website. You trolled no one. You achieved nothing.

• Reply 131 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Get over it. You’re obviously wrong.

Uh huh. We believe you.

Did you ever think that you might be wrong, given that they’re the ones with the expertise and are making the products?

If you think Apple has the world covered on expertise, you need to get a clue.  I bought my girls MacBook Pro's a while back, and while I liked the reversible power connectors, I couldn't believe they did not make a reinforced angled connector considering the use model of these cables I could only see premature failure.  Gee guess what?  Faced with a class action suit, Apple now supplies just such a cable.

I couldn't believe that Apple didn't make cases and longer cables for the iPhones, leaving money on the table, and here we are with them now available.  But $20 for a 1M and $30 for a 2M cable is pushing things, it does not engender good vibes from customers as good value.  I did buy a couple of these new 2M cables, and I can say that the jacket material is not great (stiff, rough, picks up dirt, will look poor in short time) which is disappointing.  I've got a drawer full of cables from Monoprice, some are great, others not so much.

I couldn't care a whit, what you believe, I've no reason to misrepresent myself on any forum, do you?

I give good feedback, and my goal is simply better products.  But you go ahead and buy blindly and love it as your own, as a stock holder, and I really am one, I thank you.  I want the stock to rightfully soar and any company that ignores the customer eventually goes the wrong way.

• Reply 132 of 171
    Huh? What has the stock to do with the quality of the companies' products?
  • Reply 133 of 171
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiek View Post

I do have a question though..  If everything was readable and usable in iOS 6, why should we have to turn this, that, and the other thing on, off or whatever, just so Apple and Mr Ive can do this White on White....  for example, yes... I can turn on Bold...  but then doesn't that defeat text that is really bolded?  all that is really needed if for Mr Ive and Apple to back down on the White on White thing a few notches...   just a few notches....  There are plenty of black on white or gray on white Websites that conform to Mr Ive's idea (vision) .... which are perfectly readable....  Mr Ive has just taken it a bit too far...  imho......  I accept that there are plenty of customers who like the new look..

Nuff said!  I went black on my portable devices as soon as they were available.  I find white bezels distracting while watching video's etc.  Obviously there is a segment of the population that don't like white-on-white, )I would consider a gold case with black face, might look interesting).  But these searchlight bright screens with thin fonts are really irritating to a reasonable slice of the public, so why not make a theme for us?  The current accessibility options don't cure the problem, the keyboard is OK (like previous) in some apps but thin and whimpy in others, strange.

The new folders was a bit odd at first, all that screen not used for icons, forcing one to have multiple pages per folder seems bad.  What is good about it is that it's really perfect for one handed use now as your thumb is now in range of all icons.  But if you are a two handed user like me, it seems like a waste of space and more steps are now needed compared to before.  Again, this behavior should have been a choice.

• Reply 134 of 171
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Huh? What has the stock to do with the quality of the companies' products?

Well, if you watched Apple stock after the recent introductions, you'd have to think nothing ;) 

I do think a company making superior products should grow, and their stock with it, don't you?  I'm not a finance guy at all, and it seems that stocks are manipulated by Wall Street in some way.  They seem to jack Apple around, even when doing great things.

• Reply 135 of 171
    Originally Posted by RemE View Post

I couldn't believe they did not make a reinforced angled connector considering the use model of these cables I could only see premature failure.  Gee guess what?  Faced with a class action suit, Apple now supplies just such a cable.

Whiners refused to take care of their possessions and destroyed them, demanding free replacements. Somehow that makes you right on what you said before?

• Reply 136 of 171

Knock yourself out buddy, no point in discussing things with your type.  A shipping Apple product MUST be without flaw, right?

But, that is what I told my girls when their cables came apart...  at least the taking care of their possessions part.   ;)

Now, I've got to go do some chores and work on my solar array mounts, if you can believe that....

• Reply 137 of 171
    The new redesign iOS 7 is a beautiful piece of software. It was definitely time for Apple to make a drastic change with the iconic OS.
  • Reply 138 of 171
    My family and I love the new iOS. While I admit I'm not crazy about the look of calendars and notes, it doesn't really bother me, still very functional. What I really like is the new look of the lock and home screens in general, plus much improved functions in web browsing, app switching, spotlight, etc. An overall excellent upgrade.
  • Reply 139 of 171
    So when is AI gonna update your app to match the new UI
  • Reply 140 of 171
    This is pretty baseless and misleading information.

This says nothing of those who's phone automatically started downloading the new OS on its own.

Mine and 3 others in my family's phone downloaded it without being prompted to then ran the install. So they cannot count all these new users as people who chose to do so misleading that some didn't have a choice, thus inflating the alleged popularity of the new OS.