iPhone 5s shipping in 7-10 business days, gold model slips to October

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    Originally Posted by RamSay View Post

One more disappointment --- Extremely low inventory.

Not really.

Originally Posted by RamSay View Post

why can't apple provide supply for at least 8 to 10 millions for the first weekend?

Because that’s physically impossible? Gotta take everything about the timeframe into account.

They knew it was 5 million last year and they knew the supply chain issue has frustrated customers and themselves. Given so much time to plan ahead why it still end up with such short supply?

Could it maybe be by design?

• Reply 42 of 50

Did anyone get a Preparing for Shipment notification yet? Can't remember how long it took to get one last time I ordered online. Still says Processing Order.

• Reply 43 of 50

Already in the US

• Reply 45 of 50
    No I used the order number
  • Reply 46 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by no25 View Post

No I used the order number

Oh yeah, forgot that trick.

Eh, didn't work for me, on UPS or Fed Ex. Oh well.

• Reply 47 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Did anyone get a Preparing for Shipment notification yet? Can't remember how long it took to get one last time I ordered online. Still says Processing Order.

I ordered my 5s 64GB in silver as well as a charging dock.  I placed the order at 12:03am PST yesterday.  My card got charged for the dock yesterday afternoon and it shipped a little while later.

My order status still shows the same "processing - will ship in 1-3 business days" for the phone, but my card got charged for it late last night.  I'm assuming it's going to ship on Monday?  It says delivery expected 9/30-10/2.

Now the website says 7-10 days to ship so I guess I got lucky and was one of the first to order online??? I've been reading about the delays and how phones aren't shipping till mid October or in the case of the gold phones, early November.  I didn't bother with Verizon... I ordered through the Apple store.

This is actually going to be my first iPhone... I've always used Android and have a Galaxy S3.  I bought my first Mac a couple months ago (MacBook Air) and now I want the iPhone to pair with it.  To me it makes the most sense.

Can't believe I waited this long to give Apple a try.   :) 
  • Reply 48 of 50
    Quote:

Update:

Yep... just did.

• Reply 49 of 50
    qo_qo_ Posts: 37member
    Curious G: I think I'll wait until the first buyers comment on how the TouchID works for them. I dont want to see an AppleMaps fiasco.

My experience thus far is that it works every time EXCEPT if your finger is cold. In my case, from preparing steamed veggies for lunch today from frozen bags of okra, cauliflower, etc. Since I use the scanner in MyNetDiary to track calories, and need to unlock the iPhone between bags.

Though, this shouldn't be surprising since we've all heard other biometric data is used in conjunction with the fingerprint.
  • Reply 50 of 50
    Quote:

Another update... my phone has shipped.

Scheduled Delivery:

Thursday, 09/26/2013, By End of Day

Last Location:

Arrived - ZhengZhou, China, Monday, 09/23/2013

^^

Really?  It's coming from China?  This is my first time buying anything from the Apple store and I'm a little surprised.