Apple announces sales of 9 million iPhone 5s & 5c units in first 3 days

Comments

• Reply 21 of 219
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    mausz wrote: »
    A bit of apples and oranges if you compare 5s+5c to previous year 5. Should have compared to 5+4s

Still a mighty achievement.
    But I thought everyone was saying the 5C is a flop and not selling?
  • Reply 22 of 219
    mausz wrote: »
    A bit of apples and oranges if you compare 5s+5c to previous year 5. Should have compared to 5+4s

Still a mighty achievement.

Apple didn't announce 4S figures last year. They were probably no higher on launch weekend than any other time in the quarter, so you can likely figure out how many were sold in 3 days. Probably not nearly enough to significantly change the comparison.
  • Reply 23 of 219

• Reply 24 of 219
    I am so touching !!
  • Reply 25 of 219
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I think this is the first iPhone sales announcement where they mentioned the number of iOS devices running the new software. 200 million. Fastest software upgrade in history. Not bad for software that s supposedly the worst thing ever designed in the history of software. :D
  • Reply 26 of 219
    9 MILLION!!!! No freaking way. When the new iPhones were announced all the tech pundits said Apple would be lucky to sell just a few million iPhones because they were just last year's models rehashed with minor upgrades. 9 EFFING MILLION!!! WOW! Apple just delayed its doom for another quarter. Maybe... but unfortunately next year Wall Street will want Apple to sell 12 million iPhones over a weekend or else investor fears will return.

That announcement should send up Apple stock about $5 a share.
    /s

And to Peter Misek of Jefferies... FU, you manipulating prick.
  • Reply 27 of 219
    Breaking all the rules!!! Way to go Apple!!!
  • Reply 28 of 219
    My 5S gold arrives 5-7 days earlier than originally promised! Now, that's execution: underpromise, overdeliver.

Add: Stock up $30 pre-market. Yikes.
  • Reply 29 of 219
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Not bad for software that s supposedly the worst thing ever designed in the history of software. image

Yep.

• Reply 30 of 219
    OMG that is horible ! 9 divied between two phones is 4,5 million ! Less than 5 million for single iPhone 5 ! Apple is doomed !
    Samsung sold over 10 000 000 of a single phone !!! Lovering stock by 50 eh no, by 100 $.

/sarcasm
    /irony
    /Wall Street analyst
  • Reply 31 of 219

Fantastic.

They still have a huge growth margin in the high end, especially with a bigger screen.

• Reply 32 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rcoleman1 View Post

I guess price doesn't matter...well maybe just a little! Lol

Ahhh, someone has perhaps learned a lesson in this. Yes, Grasshopper, there are more important things in life than money!

• Reply 33 of 219
    Coupled with news that they sold about 3.5:1 ratio of 5S:5C, to appease the naysayers that the 5C sales shouldn't count being internally equivalent to a 5, that still amounts to about 7 million 5S units, outpacing 5's 5 million, and up against self-competition from the 5C and stiffer premium-market competition from the Lumia and Moto X that weren't as strong (or weren't around at all) last year.

Those ratios are in store sales and don't take into account online preorder sales available only to the 5C. That said, the 5S offers lots more for just $100.
  • Reply 34 of 219
    Quote:

But I thought everyone was saying the 5C is a flop and not selling?

Using the ratio 3.4, that's 2.647M 5Cs sold--almost 1M/day. And the sales have only begun.

• Reply 35 of 219

We all should be throwing this in the faces of those analysis who have no clue what they are talking about. But keep in mind those analysis just made their investors $50 a share in the last few weeks since we all know the companies they worked for sold the week before the announcements and then the puppet analysis came out and delivered the bad news and drove the stock down 50 points and you know their companies bought back in last week. They will be selling the next since puppy analysis will come out and say more bad things.

• Reply 36 of 219

Too many iPhones sold. They have nowhere to go but down. Apple is doomed.

• Reply 37 of 219
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    I predicted 7-8 MM. This is fantastic. So much for the "5C is too expensive" crowd. Of course they will switch their tunes to the "imagine if the 5C was $50 cheaper..." Crowd.
  • Reply 38 of 219
    Didn't Ming predict 7-9 million? Again he proves more reliable than the rest if the analysts.

9 million...insane. Can't wait for mine to get here (Thursday!)
  • Reply 39 of 219
    Quote:

And the stock is up $17 pre market. image

$28 now.

• Reply 40 of 219
    Way to go, Apple!

And, take that, you maroon analysts.....

They're definitely red faced today but the word I believe you're looking for was moron.