Apple announces sales of 9 million iPhone 5s & 5c units in first 3 days

Comments

• Reply 41 of 219
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Wow, its been a long time since Apple blewout expectations on something. That should help the stock price a lot. My option straddle will pay off.
  • Reply 42 of 219
    Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Didn't Ming predict 7-9 million? Again he proves more reliable than the rest if the analysts.

9 million...insane. Can't wait for mine to get here (Thursday!)

Gene Munster predicted 6 - 10 million last year, saying that 8 million is most likely. He got burned when Apple sold 5 million.

This year Gene decided to be more conservative, saying 5 - 6 million... and he got burned again.

• Reply 43 of 219
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    They're definitely red faced today but the word I believe you're looking for was moron.

Well I think he's quoting Bugs Bunny with "maroon."
  • Reply 44 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

They're definitely red faced today but the word I believe you're looking for was moron.

Maroon is  an old joke.

[pipped by Jungmark]

• Reply 45 of 219
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    jungmark wrote: »
    I predicted 7-8 MM. This is fantastic. So much for the "5C is too expensive" crowd. Of course they will switch their tunes to the "imagine if the 5C was $50 cheaper..." Crowd.

But imagine if it was.

I am going to do something unusual on the Internet and admit I was wrong. If Apple are selling out of the 5C at this price it didn't need to go lower. However I hope when the upgrade/Christmas/Chinese new year is over prices are subtly reduced.
  • Reply 46 of 219
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    asdasd wrote: »

But imagine if it was.

I am going to do something unusual on the Internet and admit I was wrong. If Apple are selling out of the 5C at this price it didn't need to go lower. However I hope when the upgrade/Christmas/Chinese new year is over prices are subtly reduced.

If they are selling like hot cakes, I doubt they will lower the prices.
  • Reply 47 of 219
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Coupled with news that they sold about 3.5:1 ratio of 5S:5C, to appease the naysayers that the 5C sales shouldn't count being internally equivalent to a 5, that still amounts to about 7 million 5S units, outpacing 5's 5 million, and up against self-competition from the 5C and stiffer premium-market competition from the Lumia and Moto X that weren't as strong (or weren't around at all) last year.

They probably count all preorders delivered by this weekend as weekend sales. That would be mostly the 5C.
  • Reply 48 of 219
    jungmark wrote: »
    Well I think he's quoting Bugs Bunny with "maroon."

Ahh yes good ol' Bugs Bunny, while some of us would understand that reference the young whipper snappers won't.
  • Reply 49 of 219
    Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

But imagine if it was.

If the 5s is actually outselling the 5c by  3.7 X as data suggests then I wouldn't say you are too far wrong.

• Reply 50 of 219
    Apple could have sold more if they have gotten the production right.

They have too little gold version to go around, not enough silver version and generally not enough 5s to go around.

Probably production constraint issues.

Apple has no need to lower price for 5c, they just need to produce more 5s and less 5c depending on market's demand.
  • Reply 51 of 219
    I find it hard to believe. I believe is not selling as well as described above and that Apple and blogs try to create hype to boost sales. Also I believe Apple intentionally released The iPhones with low inventory so that can show that it is sold out. The new iPhones are the worst upgrades ever and iOS7 is slow and lagging. The OS reminds me of a clown OS and Fisher Price toys.
  • Reply 52 of 219
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member

I wonder where TapTapTap is today.  He told us he was certain that the 5c was a flop and there was no way that 5 million were sold.

• Reply 53 of 219

APPLE IS DOOMED!!! DOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!

ONLY 9 million? C'mon!!! whats goin on with Tim Cook?

Apple should be selling 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Iphones!

Apple sucks! Android rulez!

LOL!!!!!!!

• Reply 54 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wisely View Post

Apple could have sold more if they have gotten the production right.

They have too little gold version to go around, not enough silver version and generally not enough 5s to go around.

Probably production constraint issues.

Apple has no need to lower price for 5c, they just need to produce more 5s and less 5c depending on market's demand.

It looks to me like Tim Cook put out the amount that he knew was necessary to blow away last year's amount... knowing he could sell them.

• Reply 55 of 219
    [B]Those who "can" are successful, those who "can't" are analysts.[/B]

-Robin
  • Reply 56 of 219
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stylorouge View Post

I find it hard to believe. I believe is not selling as well as described above and that Apple and blogs try to create hype to boost sales. Also I believe Apple intentionally released The iPhones with low inventory so that can show that it is sold out. The new iPhones are the worst upgrades ever and iOS7 is slow and lagging. The OS reminds me of a clown OS and Fisher Price toys.

LOL.  Yeah I'm sure Tim Cook wants to go to jail for stock manipulation by flat out lying about early sales figures.

• Reply 57 of 219
    9 MILLION!!!! No freaking way. When the new iPhones were announced all the tech pundits said Apple would be lucky to sell just a few million iPhones because they were just last year's models rehashed with minor upgrades. 9 EFFING MILLION!!! WOW! Apple just delayed its doom for another quarter. Maybe... but unfortunately next year Wall Street will want Apple to sell 12 million iPhones over a weekend or else investor fears will return.

That announcement should send up Apple stock about $5 a share.
    /s

And to Peter Misek of Jefferies... FU, you manipulating prick.

Don't forget about Karen Finerman from CNBC who "lost confidence in Apple" I hope you both get fired because you're both idiots! I hope the egg on your face is actually balut.
  • Reply 58 of 219
    Quote:

Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Wow, its been a long time since Apple blewout expectations on something. That should help the stock price a lot. My option straddle will pay off.

Good call (pun intended).;)

• Reply 59 of 219
    And people were bragging that GTA 5 sold $1 billion in 3 days.

Apple would have done roughly $5 billion if everyone bought the 5C 16GB. It's more likely, given the mix of iPhones, that Apple racked up $6-7 billion in sales the first 3 days.

Now has anyone "revised" their quarterly sales yet? There's still one week to go....
  • Reply 60 of 219
    I think you might mean "anal-ist"
    lol