Apple announces sales of 9 million iPhone 5s & 5c units in first 3 days

Comments

• Reply 81 of 219
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,822member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

<video>

Someone had waaaay too much time on his or her hands. :)

Well done Apple! Boom. :)

• Reply 82 of 219
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Some clown on CNBC just referred to these 9 million + as an "Apple army" and that lack of innovation will keep the stock down. image And then good old Peter Misek comes on to downplay these numbers and claim that growth is essentially flat and the products are too expensive for China, blah blah blah. Even the CNBC host has to stop him because he was talking so stupid. image

Basically Wall Street got this wrong and rather than admit they got it wrong they're finding any way they can to downplay the numbers. What a bunch of losers. image

ha thats funny.  Misek is doubling down

• Reply 83 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I don't think there was ever any doubt about the 5s.

The real test for the 5c will be the Christmas crowd. I think you'll be seeing a lot of 7 - 13 year old kids with color iPhones in January.

Agreed. :)

• Reply 84 of 219
    rogifan wrote: »
    Some clown on CNBC just referred to these 9 million + as an "Apple army" and that lack of innovation will keep the stock down. :lol: And then good old Peter Misek comes on to downplay these numbers and claim that growth is essentially flat and the products are too expensive for China, blah blah blah. Even the CNBC host has to stop him because he was talking so stupid. :lol:

Basically Wall Street got this wrong and rather than admit they got it wrong they're finding any way they can to downplay the numbers. What a bunch of losers. :rolleyes:

This Misek guy is beginning to sound almost as pathetic as the apoplectic fandroids on cnet.com and theverge.com. (You should wander over and browse -- it's hilarious).

$425, buddy?

He's an embarrassment to Jefferies & Co. How can anyone remotely trust that company's research, if this is the kind of nonsense they trot out?!
  • Reply 85 of 219
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member

I love this whole "new markets don't count as growth" theory. They're selling more iPhones.

Under that logic, Apple would do just as well to manufacture literally one single iPhone each year and sell it in the market of "My house". Same relative sales, right? Why go through all the bother of making millions of them if it's all the same difference?

More is more, and we'll see that in the 4th quarter numbers. 

• Reply 86 of 219

Hey! The 2nd gen of the Microsoft Surface is being unveiled today! Anyone want to head over to the presentation? Anyone... Hello!

• Reply 87 of 219
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I don't think that's obvious at all.

Even if the 3.7X ratio is correct, the 5C would have sold 2 M phones in 3 days. You can count the number of phones that sold that many in one weekend on the fingers of one hand - and most of them are previous iPhones.

2 M of ANY new phone in one weekend is impressive - and when it contains previous generation internals, it's even more impressive.

Well, if you go back to previous threads you will see that whenever I or a few others said that the 5C would, at best, only sell as many phones as previous 2nd generation phones then you'll see the irrational responses by quite a few members who said the 5c would be a blow-out seller. Sorry... 2 million is not a blow-out seller [for an iPhone]. 6 million units of the 5s is a blow-out seller.

Clearly you have trouble putting things into context.

For now, it's just those that want the latest and greatest and were waiting for it (5s). On the long term... That's the 5c's card. Android switchers, those that were buying the 4 and 4s, etc.

2 million is nothing short of phenomenal.

• Reply 88 of 219
    For those who doesn't know how Stock Market works.
    - Everytime when Apple announce "Cool" new product, stock went down, for about 10-20%.
    - People are exiting the market because they want to "cash out" stocks first, so they earned whatever they brought previously.
    - Stocks are sell out, so stock went down
    - Until the actual launch day, people are excited about the "cool" product
    - so they start buying stocks again, at a lowest point.
    - Once they reach the optimum level, they sell out stock again
    - Which probably another cool product has announced.
    You know what that means to big firms?
    e.g. They invest $1B at low price, and sell out at 20% higher.
    Do you want to earn $200,000,000 in just 2 weeks?

My point is, don't just look at the stock markets, they are not an indication of reaction of the "cool" product.
    It is just a way, those big firms makes money.
  • Reply 89 of 219
    Quote:

Hey! The 2nd gen of the Microsoft Surface is being unveiled today! Anyone want to head over to the presentation? Anyone... Hello!

I love how CNET apparently thinks this is bigger news than the Apple numbers. 

• Reply 90 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

For now, it's just those that want the latest and greatest and were waiting for it (5s). On the long term... That's the 5c's card. Android switchers, those that were buying the 4 and 4s, etc.

Clearly you don't get it.

• Reply 91 of 219
    They sold more because it was released in more countries, not because it is more popular, yet the stock is up. Wall Street people haven't a clue.
  • Reply 92 of 219

iPhone 5s - s is for "sales"

... I don't understand why anyone wants the 5s, you can't video someone's head bobbing up and down while they sleep on a plane then you loop the 3-second video to show it to them in laughter -- now that's innovation, thank you Samsung!!

/s

• Reply 93 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mesomorphicman View Post

iPhone 5s - s is for "sales"

... I don't understand why anyone wants the 5s, you can't video someone's head bobbing up and down while they sleep on a plane then you loop the 3-second video to show it to them in laughter -- now that's innovation, thank you Samsung!!

/s

I don't know what you're talking about. I use that feature at all the parties. /s

• Reply 94 of 219
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Clearly you don't get it.

I'm ready to learn.

• Reply 95 of 219
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Just curious, does anyone know how many devices are running Windows 8?
  • Reply 96 of 219

Well done Apple!

I can't imagine the numbers next year, when there is a larger iPhone display.

• Reply 97 of 219
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by justbobf View Post

They sold more because it was released in more countries, not because it is more popular, yet the stock is up. Wall Street people haven't a clue.

Not sure if sarcasm there, but why does it matter if the "more people" buying it are American or Chinese? Bottom line, Apple made more iPhones and sold more iPhones. There's no funny business in those numbers. 

• Reply 98 of 219
    hill60 wrote: »
    [SIZE=72px]NINE MILLION[/SIZE]

Any drive-by trolls from last few days spreading FUD and faux worrying about Apple's competitiveness want to step up and admit you were full of shit? No? Anyone? Oh I see, you've all disappeared back into your Android holes once facts have been published. See you back the next time there's FUD-spreading opportunities.
  • Reply 99 of 219
    justbobf wrote: »
    So what? Wall Street knew all of this and still were not predicting 9M sales. Plus I think it's pretty damn impressive regardless. Who else is able to sell that many phones that quickly? Didn't it take Samsung a month to get to 10M Galaxy S4's?
  • Reply 100 of 219
    jakeb wrote: »
    Not sure if sarcasm there, but why does it matter if the "more people" buying it are American or Chinese? Bottom line, Apple made more iPhones and sold more iPhones. There's no funny business in those numbers. 
    I guess the argument is numbers were just shifted by adding two additional launch countries. But so what? The fact remains everyone knew there were two additional launch countries and still no one was predicting 9M sales. Apple clearly blew past most people's explanations.