Analysts react to Apple's iPhone 5s and 5c launch weekend sales

Comments

• Reply 21 of 106
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ILM1997 View Post

Thanks for the video hydr. I think it is insane that the analysts would in the same breath talk about Apple and Blackberry as if they have anything in common. Wow!!! Just Wow. 

Were these guys previously weatherman ?

How can you say that!? Weathermen are far more correct than these morons.  That is giving them waaaayyyyyyy too much credit than they deserve!

• Reply 22 of 106

Why aren’t they being fired for being wrong? Why aren’t they docked pay for being wrong? Why aren’t they made to write public apologies for being wrong?

You want a secure job, be an analyst. Zero accountability, zero truth to find, zero expectations. Want another one? Be a politician in an unobservant district.

Want perpetual tenure? Be a political analyst.

• Reply 23 of 106

12 million next year is a definite, as apple this year has introduced 2 new models, next year the 5C can essentially sit in the spot 4S is sitting and still make money for Apple and I just wonder what 2 new models we'll have next year..

Great work Apple! "can't innovate my ass" Phil Schiller.

• Reply 24 of 106
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    hydr wrote: »

What's there to laugh at? They know full well what they are up to. I personally think there needs to be laws about what these guys can claim about a stock on the public stage. They are within the law, but are behaving in a grossly unethical matter.
  • Reply 25 of 106

They doing a wait and see, they not stupid. The numbers include the 5c preorders And China that was a totally different time last year and moved 2million iPhone 5 in 2012... So the real number to beat is 7mill from 2012

So that means you have an extra 2mill upside with the 5c in the mix. Still great numbers but apple mixing in some PR in there. They just being safe.

• Reply 26 of 106
    Ok I can play analyst too.

The only reduction they need to make is on the price of their unlocked iPhone 5C.

That was easy. And these yahoos get how much to do their job? And I use the word job loosely.
  • Reply 27 of 106
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Anybody who listens to douchebag analysts deserves to lose all of their money in the market.

It's amazing how some douchebags even tried to spin Apple's record breaking iPhone sales.

Why Record iPhone Sales Might be Rotten for Apple (AAPL)

This is truly some crackhead logic.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2013/09/why-record-iphone-sales-might-be-rotten-for-apple-aapl/

• Reply 28 of 106
    I would like to know what proof has been supplied that the 5c is not selling well other than from media or analysts. They ask people in lines what they are there for and they all say the 5s. Well no kidding that is what they are in line for since there was no pre orders for them. People start sayin the 5c is not selling good and it gets repeated and soon enough people start to believe it. Show me proof.
  • Reply 29 of 106
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    I love all the "...but"s in these statements. ...but, uhhh,, UNSOLD INVENTORY. BUT,uhhh,, GROWTH MARKETS?? BUT,,uhhhm,,, APPLE IS DOOMED IN THE FUTURE.

The most disgusting thing is that these people get paid ridiculous amounts of money for their toxic drivel, and for being wrong again, and again, and again, with absolutely no accountability. If only one day they'd put their own money where their mouths are. But they're too cowardly to do that.
  • Reply 30 of 106
    Why aren’t they being fired for being wrong? Why aren’t they docked pay for being wrong? Why aren’t they made to write public apologies for being wrong?

Because more people buy bullshit than buy iPhones. They'll always put a spin on why their numbers were wrong.
  • Reply 31 of 106
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    so munster is basically saying " your numbers were higher than we were expecting so we've adjusted your numbers downward to meet our estimates and aren't we effing great?"
  • Reply 32 of 106
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Applehawk View Post

I would like to know what proof has been supplied that the 5c is not selling well other than from media or analysts. They ask people in lines what they are there for and they all say the 5s. Well no kidding that is what they are in line for since there was no pre orders for them. People start sayin the 5c is not selling good and it gets repeated and soon enough people start to believe it. Show me proof.

I don't know about "selling well", but not selling "as well" may be more appropriate.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/09/23/iphone-5s-3-times-more-popular-than-iphone-5c-on-launch-weekend---report

Read the comments in there too, the general consensus is agreement with the  report as the 5c wasn't the highlight of the release weekend, the 5s was.

• Reply 33 of 106
    apple ][ wrote: »
    Anybody who listens to douchebag analysts deserves to lose all of their money in the market.

It's amazing how some douchebags even tried to spin Apple's record breaking iPhone sales.

<h1 style="border-bottom-width:0px;border-left-width:0px;border-right-width:0px;border-top-width:0px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font:normal normal normal 38px/40px 'proxima-nova', Georgia;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-top:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;vertical-align:baseline;">Why Record iPhone Sales Might be Rotten for Apple (AAPL)</h1>

This is truly some crackhead logic.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2013/09/why-record-iphone-sales-might-be-rotten-for-apple-aapl/

For starters the keyword is 'might', and the author brings up some valid concerns for many stockholders.
  • Reply 34 of 106
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

what a moron... $300 for apple in the future. even Google or MS have higher EPS than apple would have at $300. and this guy keep saying apple is failing to innovate. I bet the last thing this guy innovated landed in a toilet 

I know the "analysts" often don't get it, but suspect something so absurd is being spouted because of some other agenda.  Just looking at the silliness that comes out whenever Apple has good press/news - all, to taint the company and products.  Time will tell, but the 5C should do well - wouldn't be surprised if the 5C numbers, over it's lifetime will equal or even exceed the 5S. 

I know some on the forum knock the 5C, as it isn't their choice.  

I will go with the 5S, but can see why some would want the 5C - besides it's lower price, it is well made, less prone to damage (with kids dropping), plus color is important to a lot of people - so, I for one, expect good things for the 5C.  
  • Reply 35 of 106
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

For starters the keyword is 'might', and the author brings up some valid concerns for many stockholders.

And those valid concerns are what exactly? That article is nothing but one of a long string of yearly bleating about how Apple is no longer innovative, blah blah blah. These tards were saying the same thing even before Steve Jobs died. Does no one remember how the iPad was going to fail because it was nothing but a "large iPod touch"?

• Reply 36 of 106
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michael_C View Post

, but can see why some would want the 5C - besides it's lower price, it is well made, less prone to damage (with kids dropping), plus color is important to a lot of people - so, I for one, expect good things for the 5C.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGkDSzGtdew

5c failed the drop test. 5s survived.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/09/22/iphone-5s-vs-iphone-5c-drop-test/

same result with cases on both phones.

• Reply 37 of 106
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Baloney. The author is completely full of crap.

But the reason I am voicing a bit of doubt is that it seems like Apple is now trying to squeeze every last bit of profit it can out of an aging, shall we call it, iStone.
  • Reply 38 of 106
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hydr View Post

Watch this and laugh:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000201502&play=1

"Blackberry is an excellent parallel for Apple right now". 

Yeah, excellent parallel indeed, except that, you know, the 2 companies don't have a fucking thing in common. Oh wait, this is the guy with a price target of $300. 

I sometimes wonder who's lining the pockets of these vampires. I mean, how can someone make such an astoundingly insane statement? Apple is the main reason BB is where it is today, yet he speaks as if Apple should learn a lesson from BB. What twisted, irrational, psychotic logic. 

• Reply 39 of 106
    I think the C in 5c stands for China and was designed with China Mobile in mind.
  • Reply 40 of 106
    Here's my thoughts. The 5c overpriced? I don't think so, Apple is looking well beyond opening weekend with this phone, think holidays....... who are we to second guess AAPL's marketing? $99 bucks for an iPhone, that is reasonable. Pure marketing genus, think youth........hook em early and you have an APPL customer for life. Once you own 2 or more APPL devices you get it.

I think the problem with these analysts is that they must have bought in the upper 5's or 6's perhaps 7's with the promise of APPL at 1000, now they are talking it down. Make no mistake WS has more power than us to move this stock and this is what worries me a bit. I am LONG APPL and plan to stay there yet I worry that WS will limit our profits with bad info and negative press. I like the divy and have an 8 year horizon so I hold for sure.

APPL will never inovate again, don't bank on that. Think ibank, a serious iTV, and wearables So if you are a swing trader, shut up, take your short term profits and move on to another forum

This is why the retail investor is still relatively out of the market......

I am long APPL and, yeah, a fanboy !